Travel Agent Perk--OBC

irishayes

I received a confirmation invoice from my TA which shows my Go Better perks (classic bev pkg and$150 OBC pp). It did not show additional OBC offered by TA anywhere.

I have asked my TA to send me an email confirming this additional OBC.

I think the comment about trusting my TA is just silly. It's just good practice to have everything in writing. There's no way to get it fixed once I'm on board.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Yes sir trust is a very silly thing. Just like you get everything from your doctor in writing which never happens.

Confidence in the person or organization is paramount. Let's just suppose you have a nice piece of paper from some travel agent that says you are going to get a 0150 OBC. That's great but if it doesn't show up what is your option? Celebrity won't honor it, it's not their responsibility. It is too trivial an amount to engage a lawyer.

Once again I say deal with someone you trust and than there is no stress nor worry.:):)

Yes sir trust is a very silly thing. Just like you get everything from your doctor in writing which never happens.

Confidence in the person or organization is paramount. Let's just suppose you have a nice piece of paper from some travel agent that says you are going to get a 0150 OBC. That's great but if it doesn't show up what is your option? Celebrity won't honor it, it's not their responsibility. It is too trivial an amount to engage a lawyer.

Once again I say deal with someone you trust and than there is no stress nor worry.:):)

I actually had this happen to me once. When I got home, I called the agency and after they did some checking, they admitted they messed up. About three days later, I got a check for the amount of my obc plus an additional $50. Along with that was a hand written note, from the owner, apologizing for the mistake and stating how much they enjoy my business and hope to serve me in the future. They have many more times.

I have found that if you have it in writing from the TA that Guest Relations will contact them for you. At least they did in my case with a major on-line agency that many people here use. It didn't get resolved because it was pretty complicated but the agency did send me a check after I got it straight after. I wasn't going to spend my whole cruise fighting over $100

When we booked a recent cruise, we were told that we had $600 OBC from our TA. It was written on my invoice. On the ship, we were told that we only had $100 OBC. I showed guest services my printed invoice. They insisted that we only had $100 OBC . They told me to contact my TA. I sent my TA an email. He had neglected to send the OBC to the cruise line. And the cruise line would not accept it after embarkation. My TA told me that he was sending me a check for the missing OBC $500. When we got home, the check was in the mail.

Ok, I looked at my original email from the TA. It has the TA logo on top. Then the celebrity itinerary in the body of it.

Then obviously you have the TA's confirmation and invoice for your cruise. I can not think of any reason that the TA would not include the OBC they are giving you on their invoice. It is probably not going to make you fell any better, but I would certainly be leery. Did you confirm that your deposit was actually charged to Celebrity and not the TA?

Then obviously you have the TA's confirmation and invoice for your cruise. I can not think of any reason that the TA would not include the OBC they are giving you on their invoice. It is probably not going to make you fell any better, but I would certainly be leery. Did you confirm that your deposit was actually charged to Celebrity and not the TA?

Yes, it was charged to Celebrity. I have asked him to send Me confirmation of additional OBC. We shall see.

Yes, it was charged to Celebrity. I have asked him to send Me confirmation of additional OBC. We shall see.

Good luck. Everything will most likely be fine although I do not understand why the TA does not put the OBC that they give you on their invoice. I have never had a TA that did not.

Just wondering where I would see evidence of having this OBC credit? I was told that in addition to the $150 pp OBC (Go Better pkg), my travel agent gave me $150 of OBC. But I am not seeing this on my reservation on Celebrity, nor is it indicated on the invoice my TA sent me.

Should I be seeing it somewhere?

It should be on the TA invoice.