Moderno or Le Bistro

Morris4me

Choosing our 3 free specialty restaurants on Breakaway. We have chosen Cagneys and La Cucina. Would you choose Moderno or Le Bistro as the third?

LeBistro for a more pleasant relaxing meal. Moderno is good but not relaxing to me. Constant servers walking up with their offerings. We really enjoy the atmosphere and food in LeBistro. But if you are a big meat eater you may prefer Moderno. I know you can flip your card in Moderno but they still kept coming!!!😱🍗

Choosing our 3 free specialty restaurants on Breakaway. We have chosen Cagneys and La Cucina. Would you choose Moderno or Le Bistro as the third?

Depends on your personal tastes.

Do you like quiet ambiance, French Cuisine, and wearing long pants? Le Bistro is for you.

Do you like meat, meat, and meat? Moderno.

I would pick Le Bistro over La Cucina.

Personally:-

1 le Bistro

2 Cagney's

3 Moderno

Lastly; la Cucina; a poor excuse for an Italian restaurant!!

I always always love Le Bistro I think the best meal on the ship and seems to be the same for me on most NCL ships. I will say I never leave Le Bistro full though. Moderno the 1st time I went it was good. Now just seems ok. I will suggest if you go to Moderno(At least my theory and yes have tested) when you 1st sit there they start with the worst cheapest cuts of meats and bring better as the night goes on till the end where they bring the best. Since I have been there I always ask to start with the lamb chops and filet...

Personally:-

1 le Bistro

2 Cagney's

3 Moderno

Lastly; la Cucina; a poor excuse for an Italian restaurant!!

Bingo. Or you can put Cagney's one and Le Bistro 2. But the general consensus is those are definitely the top 2.

Osso Buco is awesome at La Cucina. Restaurants are subjective, but it does seem more folks on this board don't care for La Cucina. Funny thing is, I frequent the North End Boston Restaurants (famed for their Italian fare), I still enjoy La Cucina. Oh well...:rolleyes:

Osso Buco is awesome at La Cucina. Restaurants are subjective, but it does seem more folks on this board don't care for La Cucina. Funny thing is, I frequent the North End Boston Restaurants (famed for their Italian fare), I still enjoy La Cucina. Oh well...:rolleyes:

A couple of points:

Does one dish define a restaurant?

Are your North End Boston Restaurants Italian Restaurants or restaurants that serve Italian food?

What a choice? I love them both; my 2 favorites; I think though, I would take LE Bistro. I will add, Modernos has a great salad bar and for meat lovers it is the best.

A couple of points:

Does one dish define a restaurant?

Are your North End Boston Restaurants Italian Restaurants or restaurants that serve Italian food?

All restaurants that I know of in Bostons North End are authentic Italian. My family has eaten at "La Cucina" every NCL cruise we have been on. 1/2 us like it and the other say standard "Olive Garden" fare. I happen to like "Olive Garden" too. "Olive Garden" would never make it in Bostons North End, like a "Red Lobster" resturant in coastal Maine wouldn't work.

A cruise or two ago, folks were -complaining- that the steak in "La Cucina" was better than the ones they had in "Cagneys". I did not feel that way, but more than a few others did. As I said "subjective". And yes, I know plenty of restaurants were one dish does define it!

Le Bistro!!!

Moderno is not as good as Fogo de Cho if you've ever been to one. Most of the meat is over cooked and tasteless.

At Moderno you can always ask for meat cooked just the way you like it.

I like Le Bistro best. Moderno has a great salad bar and, as previous posters have said, you can have as much meat as you like. On my two visits it was slightly overdone and overseasoned for my tastes but enjoyable just the same.

So I would rate them as

1 Le Bistro

2 Cagneys

3 Moderno

4 La Cucina (it does have the best freshly baked bread!)

I would go to any restaurant on the ship over La Cucina (including the buffet). I like Le Bistro much more than Moderno. But, food is subjective. Look at the menus and go with which one sounds good.

YUM! That's my favorite as well.

D.W. Sez she's going to try to make it for me. :)

Just got a 6 qt Le Creuset dutch oven and an NCL complementary bottle of red wine from our last cruise. :D