On the Vista TA

pamrose228

John mentioned a December first week as book date of Horizon. Also threw this out. A 14 day round trip new York to new York going to Iceland and other ports in northern Europe. Didn't say when or what ship. Did say CCL rethinking Med because if all the unrest there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Interesting, the December for booking fits, as there is a contest for December. I think the delivery date is in March, makes you wonder of med cruises (probably too early then.... ). I would love to do the New York RT, Iceland is on our bucket list as well.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

John mentioned a December first week as book date of Horizon. Also threw this out. A 14 day round trip new York to new York going to Iceland and other ports in northern Europe. Didn't say when or what ship. Did say CCL rethinking Med because if all the unrest there.

looking a map, i dont think its possible considering an average transatlantic from new york to england is atleast a 6-7 day trip and iceland is up further north then canada. Mostly likely, the transatlantic from europe to new york might stop at iceland.

Edited by shof515

Iceland would be a neat cruise. Had a stopover there recently and some nice things to see

looking a map, i dont think its possible considering an average transatlantic from new york to england is atleast a 6-7 day trip and iceland is up further north then canada. Mostly likely, the transatlantic from europe to new york might stop at iceland.

While I don't know, I read into the post two things. The first is that Carnival might not do med cruises and bring the Horizon over to New York. Then do a round trip (not 7 days and a one of kind cruise) from New York to Iceland then (if they follow what they did the last time they were up there) hit Scandinavia, Germany, maybe Russia and then Amsterdam, England and Ireland before returning to New York. Seems like we have a month to wait and see.

Interesting, the December for booking fits, as there is a contest for December. I think the delivery date is in March, makes you wonder of med cruises (probably too early then.... ). I would love to do the New York RT, Iceland is on our bucket list as well.....

The Crown Princess has some interesting Itineraries starting in London going to Norway/Finland back to London, or Norway, Iceland, and back to NY.

While I don't know, I read into the post two things. The first is that Carnival might not do med cruises and bring the Horizon over to New York. Then do a round trip (not 7 days and a one of kind cruise) from New York to Iceland then (if they follow what they did the last time they were up there) hit Scandinavia, Germany, maybe Russia and then Amsterdam, England and Ireland before returning to New York. Seems like we have a month to wait and see.

RT from NY to Iceland and than Baltics and back probably a three week trip.

I seem to recall that is how they did it

We tried to put a group together when the Legend went over and mainly did a Northern Europe cruise routes. Our group fell apart because the airfares were more than the cruise. We had friends that came over on the sailing that left Europe and stopped in Iceland before ending in New York.

We tried to put a group together when the Legend went over and mainly did a Northern Europe cruise routes. Our group fell apart because the airfares were more than the cruise. We had friends that came over on the sailing that left Europe and stopped in Iceland before ending in New York.

Flying to Europe for a recent TA we changed planes in Iceland enroute to Copenhagen. Planes video shows some really nice scenery in Iceland and new cruising friends spent three days there before going to Copenhagen.

As a result Iceland is now on our bucket list.

Flying to Europe for a recent TA we changed planes in Iceland enroute to Copenhagen. Planes video shows some really nice scenery in Iceland and new cruising friends spent three days there before going to Copenhagen.

As a result Iceland is now on our bucket list.

Same here.

Might prefer Princess for this one but will wait and see what is available.

I will get to see some of my friends during the naming ceremony' date=' while I doubt they will have open lips on the subject, I will see what details on the Horizon (or rumors on future sailings etc.) they are willing to share.

I will get to see some of my friends during the naming ceremony, while I doubt they will have open lips on the subject, I will see what details on the Horizon (or rumors on future sailings etc.) they are willing to share.

Would be interesting itinerary for journey cruise but suspect it will be round trip from NY to Iceland and back again unless they can find Atlantis on the way:)

Would be interesting itinerary for journey cruise but suspect it will be round trip from NY to Iceland and back again unless they can find Atlantis on the way:)

Now that is a Journey cruise I might sign up for.....

Love Ben! So much fun!!

Piano bar performers are definitely a subjective thing. We are on the TA and have gone to the piano bar a few different nights for a short while. We are not fans of Ben, he seems to spend the majority of his time doing prop humour and not enough time being a good piano bar singer. I've felt a few times that I'm at a junior Carrot Top show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Piano bar performers are definitely a subjective thing. We are on the TA and have gone to the piano bar a few different nights for a short while. We are not fans of Ben, he seems to spend the majority of his time doing prop humour and not enough time being a good piano bar singer. I've felt a few times that I'm at a junior Carrot Top show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed with Ben twice and generally have enjoyed the piano bar with him. He does talk a bit much though.