Kids at adult shows!!

Tudorcruisers

Not my job to parent other peoples children, but I do mind when the performers will not change to an adult show when children are present. Now this affects my good time. We have been to shows (Howl at the moon) where the performers warned the audience twice, then proceeded to continue with an adult version of their show, others have remained kid friendly--bummer. Time and place for children, or suffer the consequences, but don't impede on my good time

Safe sailling

Correct. Performers should never change the content of the show because someone brought a child; folks go to these shows knowing there is adult content and not to be entertained by a g-rated show.

I agree with you that some shows just aren't suited for children. But why does it "ruin" your holiday if a 10 year old kid is sitting in the show? It shouldn't affect you at all. If a parent wants to expose their children to swearing and sexual situations, that is there prerogative. They are the parents who will have to raise those children. You will never see them again, so who cares?

When my kids were 7 and 5 we took them to Legally Blonde on the Getaway. I didn't know about the content of the show, and I felt like some of the dialogue was inappropriate for children. My 5 year old fell asleep instantly. My 7 year old had no idea what was going on, and he later told me that he just laughed when everyone else laughed.

I don't want to watch "Adult themed" shows/movies with children. It is super uncomfortable and makes me really mad. I remember getting a sitter for our kids and then having to pay to watch the movie "Panic Room" with stupid parents who brought their young children (probably 4 & 6 years old). Those kids kept freaking out and crying. The parents would take them out and then bring them back in. I couldn't concentrate on the movie because I wanted to smack the stupid parent so badly for traumatizing their children.

And just last month my girlfriends and I went to see Bad Moms and some stupid mom had her 3 young daughters with her. During one scene (TOTALLY inappropriate for children) the young girls started screaming in shock and embarrassment and all the adult around them turned to scold the mother. It was very hard to concentrate on the movie after that as it makes "normal parents" uncomfortable to watch inappropriate adult shows with children (whether they are ours or not because we know it is wrong). It isn't fair given we have all paid money to watch an adult movie/show.

Of course staff will not enforce rules - they are dealing with a shipload of people who believe that "FREESTYLE" means doing whatever they want, whenever they want, while wearing whatever they want. You have to remember that your understanding of what a wide open term like "FREESTYLE" means might not closely conform to the understanding of others.

There are no rules about kids at the shows. Howl at the Moon recommends that children under the age 18 not attend, Rock of Ages says may not be suitable for children. Blame the parents, but staff can't do anything.

I don't want to watch "Adult themed" shows/movies with children. It is super uncomfortable and makes me really mad.

You're bringing up 2 different points which is leading to the confusion.

I remember getting a sitter for our kids and then having to pay to watch the movie "Panic Room" with stupid parents who brought their young children (probably 4 & 6 years old). Those kids kept freaking out and crying. The parents would take them out and then bring them back in.

In that situation, your frustration is understandable. The behavior of the children is what ruined the experience.....also, seeing Kristen Stewart on-screen will ruin anything, lol.

I couldn't concentrate on the movie because I wanted to smack the stupid parent so badly for traumatizing their children.

Once the disturbance was "over", it was your choice to focus on what had happened instead of "enjoying" the rest of the bad movie (Panic Room). If, for example, an adult started coughing because of a piece of popcorn. Once the coughing is over, you are free to watch the rest of the movie instead of focusing on the annoying coughing that just happened.

And just last month my girlfriends and I went to see Bad Moms and some stupid mom had her 3 young daughters with her. During one scene (TOTALLY inappropriate for children) the young girls started screaming in shock and embarrassment and all the adult around them turned to scold the mother.

Again, the behavior of the children was the problem. If the children had just sat there and watched the movie like everyone else, there wouldn't be a problem (for you, anyway).

It was very hard to concentrate on the movie after that as it makes "normal parents" uncomfortable to watch inappropriate adult shows with children (whether they are ours or not because we know it is wrong). It isn't fair given we have all paid money to watch an adult movie/show.

Again, once the behavior was put in check, there was nothing preventing you from watching the rest of the bad movie.

I AGREE that if the behavior of children is the problem, it can ruin the experience. The mere presence of children shouldn't be a problem.

I was on NCl cruise to Alaska. Either Pearl or Jewel, can't remember as we've been on both a few times.

But we were at a late evening show, and a dad with a child was told he had to leave. I think the child was about 8 or 9.

I was on NCl cruise to Alaska. Either Pearl or Jewel, can't remember as we've been on both a few times.

But we were at a late evening show, and a dad with a child was told he had to leave. I think the child was about 8 or 9.

If I remember right, we were in the Spinnaker Lounge and it was a comedian.

I was in the GA a couple years ago and the comedian made a comment about kids in the audience. He then did a family friendly version and stopped himself a couple times from saying some of the adult content. So it does happen. I thought maybe the cruise told him if he sees kids to keep it clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Epic cruise, some parents had young kids in Howl after the 11pm rule. The players warned them several times, but were ignored. Finally, they just said went ahead as if they weren't there and played I'm On A Boat. The parents hightailed it out of there pretty darn quickly.

Oh god - that is FUNNY. Well played HATM team.