What a mess!

sunset785

I usually don't complain here and I could probably be considered a big fan of Carnival's. However, I am NOT happy right now. I am booked on the Sunshine with a past guest rate for March. Checked prices and it went down $20 total for the past guest rate so I called because they it's $20 back in my pocket. So I called to have it adjusted and she said an amount about $60 less than what I paid but I figured she may be able to see something else online to get me that deal. So I hung up and realized she changed me to Early Saver. I absolutely did NOT want Early Saver as my husband hasn't been approved for the time off yet and I didn't want to run into any penalities before final payment. So I called back and now they have been trying to figure it out for 25 minutes to change me back. I am SO SO frustrated. Mistakes happen, I get it but I have things to do! This should have only been a quick phone call (they answered right away, no waiting!) Anyways, they are now canceling the entire reservations and rebooking me.

The story gets better. I was hung up on after 25 minutes of being on hold. Anyways I waited for an email with the new booking and my husbands name was spelled wrong!! So I had to call back AGAIN ! I spoke with a manager and they are giving me $25 OBC but I am pushing for more. The last CSR suddenly became nice when she realized that I knew what I was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm confused. Are you saying that when you asked her what type of rate she was switching you to, she lied and said it was something other than Early Saver?

No I told her that I wanted my current rate adjusted because I saw online it went down $20. She didn't ask just automatically changed it to Early Saver.

I have had experiences with incompetent CSRs with both Carnival and Celebrity. It amazes me how different you are treated by the land based employees vs the crew on the ship. I think the people who answer the phones should have to work a contract with the crew aboard the ship to see how to become good at their job and the proper way to treat people.

Edited by firemanbobswife

No I told her that I wanted my current rate adjusted because I saw online it went down $20. She didn't ask just automatically changed it to Early Saver.

Yes they are quite fond of leaving the details out , and I think they get their jolly's that way too. Quite often you will read in the forums where a person will find a cheaper rate then apply for the cheaper rate . Only to find out a few days later that they will have to pay their cruise completely off even though it's several months out. Good luck .

I have always booked early saver, and in the past, it has really paid off. I have boarded with over $800. OBC. Alas, not the last 2 cruises. I used to use a PVP, but, he no longer works there. Some of you, I recognize your names, so you have probably heard my rant about this. I got involved with my parent's booking, as they don't do computers, so I get all their email from Carnival, and print out their boarding passes, luggage tags, etc... My dad is pushing 90. The PVP that called them, lied to them so much, I made a big stink about it. And get this! since my email is the same as when I either take care of their cruise, or book my own, he somehow put me on a "no fly list" with Carnival. Funny, as usually, if you even get on the site to just look up cruises, I get several calls from PVP'S. I have even called Carnival and asked to have a PVP to call me. Years later and still hasn't happened.

Our last cruise was on the Freedom in 9/16. I originally booked a suite on the Breeze, then called back, as that turned out not to be doable. Since, I was downgrading, I was told I could not do it. The Carnival rep, not PVP, finally let me change it, if we went on Freedom, instead. My head was spinning when I got off the phone. How did I end up on a smaller ship than I had ever gone on? Was like taking to a car salesman.

But, to put things back to what has been discussed, I did find 3 different price drops, but, was denied each time. The forms to fill out are different and you have to insist that you don't want to change rooms, just want the OBC. I called when my online form was denied, and especially when 1 time, I was only going to get a $39. drop and they changed my room, added extra taxes, extra tips, and it was a bigger price than I started with. I was on the phone about 2 hours to get everything back to what I began with. Huh? I won't be booking early saver again. Have booked with PVP, or online, and just with whoever picks up the phone on Carnival, one time with an online travel agent. I now will be booking with the travel agent. Hope you get everything straitened out and have a GREAT cruise. Any cruise is better than no cruise. My cruise on the Freedom was disappointing, but, I still would have rather gone than not!:):)

Yes, but you said that she told you she saw a rate that was $60 cheaper. So I'm curious as to what rate type she told you it was when you asked her. I mean, you did ask her what rate type she was switching you to, right?

I hope you get everything straightened out, I know it is frustrating. I usually just fill out the form online, luckily that has worked well for me in the past.

Unfortunately there is no form for past guest price adjustments.:(

Bill

I was under the impression that this could only be done if you purchased an early saver fare ?

You can get price adjustments with most bookings up until final payment date. ES is the only rate you can get price reductions after the final payment date.

Bill

Yes they are quite fond of leaving the details out , and I think they get their jolly's that way too. Quite often you will read in the forums where a person will find a cheaper rate then apply for the cheaper rate . Only to find out a few days later that they will have to pay their cruise completely off even though it's several months out. Good luck .

Really, I don't think I have ever seen this. I have heard that people don't realize that if you price adjust you now have to follow the rules of the new price. So if you book with a reduce deposit and you price match to a non-reduced deposit rate you need to pay the remaining deposit.

Really, I don't think I have ever seen this. I have heard that people don't realize that if you price adjust you now have to follow the rules of the new price. So if you book with a reduce deposit and you price match to a non-reduced deposit rate you need to pay the remaining deposit.

Well you've had good luck then ,problem being their not being told by the Carnival rep of the change .

Well you've had good luck then ,problem being their not being told by the Carnival rep of the change .

Oh, I'm not saying people aren't being told of the change. I'm saying that I haven't heard of people having to pay their cruise in full after a price adjustment but I have heard of people needing to pay the remainder of their deposit. They usually find this out after they get a notice saying their booking has been cancelled.

Yikes! How frustrating. I wonder if, in hindsight, the original enticement of $20 was worth the aggrivation.

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldnt even bother calling for 20.00. Maybe Im leaving money on the table but I booked at a rate I was happy with in the first place. The hold alone would not be worth it to me. Time is worth something to me

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldnt even bother calling for 20.00. Maybe Im leaving money on the table but I booked at a rate I was happy with in the first place. The hold alone would not be worth it to me. Time is worth something to me

Is there any amount that you would call for? I agree that time is worth something to me, but I can usually do other things while I am on hold.

Yikes! How frustrating. I wonder if, in hindsight, the original enticement of $20 was worth the aggrivation.

No it wasn't. I wasn't even going to call about it but I had a few minutes to myself and there was no hold time so I figured- hey $20 bucks! But in hindsight no wayyyy!

No it wasn't. I wasn't even going to call about it but I had a few minutes to myself and there was no hold time so I figured- hey $20 bucks! But in hindsight no wayyyy!

I'm cheap and would have absolutely called for the price drop. That's 2 Kiss On The Lips drinks! [emoji1].

If you don't have one already, I would suggest a PVP for the future. None of this would have happened with my guy. He's super.