Upgrade fairy!! So shocked!!

Spoot

my first cruise was a balcony and haven't looked back except for our upcoming cruise on the Fascination this November, did it Nov. 2014 and did not get to enjoy the balcony because it is a very port intense cruise so we opted for a oceanview this time. So enjoy your balcony and your cruise

my first cruise was a balcony and haven't looked back except for our upcoming cruise on the Fascination this November, did it Nov. 2014 and did not get to enjoy the balcony because it is a very port intense cruise so we opted for a oceanview this time. So enjoy your balcony and your cruise

We had a suite on the Valor in November 2014 and even though it was port intensive, pulling into port & the sail-aways were incredible. We lived on our balcony.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've never had a balcony before - always interior or portholes because I'm so cheap. But it seems like such a fantastic deal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds really good..go for it! We always used to be inside cabin people...be prepared.. once you have a balcony, its very hard to go back to the inside,, I am going on a cruise with my sister (instead of my husband) so we are going on the cheap. Trying the inside again..gonna be hard! :rolleyes::confused::D

We got a similar call this evening. We are also on the Fascination, but we sail this Sunday the 30th. Our offer was from porthole to midship balcony for $200 total. We jumped on it. We don't sail balconies often because of the much higher costs but only $200 more you betcha!

I wouldn't have taken the upsell for a balcony on any Fantasy class ship. The aft balconies are all " after market " add ons and are small. Those who are mentioning they enjoyed their aft balconies on Conquest class ships are comparing apples to oranges.

To the OP, I hope you enjoy your cruise and that's what matters most. :)

So, upgrade fairy called my hubby. Poor thing knows nothing of the fairy so didn't know how special this was. We have an inside cabin on the fascination leaving San Juan on the 6th. We paid $450 pp. we got offered a balcony for $300 total and balconies are going for $978 per person right now. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, you got a very good deal, especially so you can try a balcony for yourself and make up your own mind about whether you like it or not. I personnaly would love it! Any chance to get fresh air and sunlight in the cabin---any ole time you want!

Everyone who has tried a balcony cabin has their own opinion. Now you'll get to make your own. I think you are going to really like it! Congrats, and have a ton of fun on your cruise.

By the way, I love the smaller ships. I love the big ships. I love the new ships. I love the old ships. Ha! I just love being on a ship going to someplace other than work! :D

OP & 4104ever - congrats!

We took a similar deal for an aft wrap on our last cruise...but our call was the day before, as we were leaving the house.

One word to the wise - make sure they remove the previous guests from the room if they are still on it, when you check-in. We had mix-ups the whole time - key cards had to be changed out like 4 times...locked out of room...their computer systems don't talk to each other...it was a pain...

But that huge wrap-around balcony was SO worth it!

Like others have warned... I can't see ever settling for an inside again :p

enjoy!

OP - congrats on the 'upsell'! Aft balconies are the best, especially the end/corner ones where you get an "L" shaped deck.

Even on a port-intensive cruise, it's great to be able to sit on your own balcony and pull away from port, cuppa whatever in hand:D, without dealing with the throng on the lido.

congrats on the 'upsell'! Aft balconies are the best, especially the end/corner ones where you get an "L" shaped deck.

In this photo the upper deck corner cabins have no windows and the lower deck has windows in the corner cabins but no furnishings on the L shaped corner spaces. Are these corner cabins on Fantasy class ships guest cabins?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

827778041_KZbmB-L.jpg