Drink Package Deal Alert!

LaShelle2

I just received an email and the Royal refreshment package was reduced to $18 for my Dec 5 Empress sailing. It had been selling for $28. I don't drink alcohol much but enjoy frozen non alcoholic cocktails and sodas, so this is an awesome deal for me.

Has anyone else booked it for this price?

I just received an email and the Royal refreshment package was reduced to $18 for my Dec 5 Empress sailing. It had been selling for $28. I don't drink alcohol much but enjoy frozen non alcoholic cocktails and sodas, so this is an awesome deal for me.

Has anyone else booked it for this price?

My wife and I will be on Harmony next year, so we each signed up for this. Seems like a reasonably good deal for the package.

Michael

I'm wondering if it's a glitch in the system, since the adult and child package are showing the same price of $18. :confused: Regardless, I'm very pleased with the price. Can't wait for my Coco Loco on Coco Cay!:D

With the Refreshmemt lack age there was never a difference in the prices for adults and children. Even with the basic soda package Royal eliminated the child pricing earlier this year.

Thanks for the heads up I was unsure about buying it for my teens at 28 a day but at 18 I just got it.

Your post made me think back to a cruise where I purchased a package for my son. He was a pre-teen at the time and thought it was awesome to go to the bar and order virgin drinks like a grownup.

He made lots of friends "sharing" his drink package with other kids in his kids club group btw. It was a few days before I caught onto that and put a stop to it, LOL

He's 24 now and we still laugh about all the drinks he consumed that cruise.

Hi, new to the boards. Have my first cruise in April 2017. Question about the drink package deal, etc...when you purchase them during the sale do you have to pay for them right away or are they added to the balance of your cruise you have to pay off before the specified date? Thanks in advance!!!

Hi, new to the boards. Have my first cruise in April 2017. Question about the drink package deal, etc...when you purchase them during the sale do you have to pay for them right away or are they added to the balance of your cruise you have to pay off before the specified date? Thanks in advance!!!

The money for the drinks is due right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just checked my booking and the refreshment package is on sale for $18 in mine too.

A few weeks ago when they had the 30% off sale I got an email about it and bought it. I got no email this time, but the sale applies to my sailing this time too. So it's worth a peek for those of you who missed it last time and want it. $18 is a very reasonable price for this and the cheapest I've seen it.

Thanks for the heads up LaShelle2

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I did finally get the email today about the sale.

Sailin'mama the packages on sale vary depending on your sailing. For example on my sailing the Deluxe package is on sale for $46 (20% off), but has been that way for a couple months. The refreshment package is on sale for $18(30% off) and was previously listed for full price at $26 yesterday. The soda package is $8.50, not on sale.

Others have said they are getting 25% off their deluxe, with a few reports of the deluxe being on sale for 30%, but most people are just getting 20%. The highest sale price of deluxe has been reported to be $48 and the lowest is $38, but most people are hovering somewhere in between.

A lot of people are reporting they got the 30% deal on refreshment, with a few reporting they didn't get any sale at all on this package. Seems the price is either $26 (full price) or $18 (30% off), nothing in between.

Nobody has reported a sale on the soda package.

Pre-sale prices vary based on ship and sale date and that is why there's a discrepancy in the dollar amount for packages when people have the same %off.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Your post made me think back to a cruise where I purchased a package for my son. He was a pre-teen at the time and thought it was awesome to go to the bar and order virgin drinks like a grownup.

He made lots of friends "sharing" his drink package with other kids in his kids club group btw. It was a few days before I caught onto that and put a stop to it, LOL

He's 24 now and we still laugh about all the drinks he consumed that cruise.

Our last cruise we where in the Haven on Escape and the kids loved getting all kinds of mocktails. they fell in love with virgin mojitos (lime and mint soda).

They felt cool when they sat down and the bartender would mix them up something, just like mom and dad. No idea if they shared virgin drinks outside the Haven. But I am sure it happens.

Ahhhaa...

The great drink package debate once again!

Looking for educated opinions here...

Cruising with my wife and two kids.

No one in the family drinks any sort of soda.

My wife drinks maybe 1-2 adult beverages per day, less on port days, if that.

While I don't tend to go overboard, would it be worth it to get one Deluxe drink package for myself, and "share" a drink with the wife once or twice?

Thanks!

Ahhhaa...

While I don't tend to go overboard, would it be worth it to get one Deluxe drink package for myself, and "share" a drink with the wife once or twice?

Thanks!

You could buy her one using you card (or hers). If they see you hand her a drink bought on the package they can take away your package with no refund and charge for all drinks up until that point individually. I saw it happen on an earlier cruise with two ladies in the Schooner lounge.

Also debating whether this would be worth it for us as well.

We don't drink alcohol so with the refreshment package, we will most likely drink the non alcoholic frozen drinks, the fresh squeeze juice, some sodas, but is specialty coffee like cappuccino, white mocha, latte, etc... included in the package?

We will be on the Serenade so I don't think there would be a dedicated Starbucks onboard.

Ahhhaa...

Thanks!

No, a drink package is definitely NOT worth it for your case. It takes around 5-6 drinks a day to break even, so even if you drink 2 drinks and you slip your wife 1 (which could get you in a bunch of trouble because they'll take your package away and then make you pay individually for all the drinks you've ordered plus keep your money for the package), you will still not be breaking even. You'd be better off just paying out of pocket.

Also debating whether this would be worth it for us as well.

We don't drink alcohol so with the refreshment package, we will most likely drink the non alcoholic frozen drinks, the fresh squeeze juice, some sodas, but is specialty coffee like cappuccino, white mocha, latte, etc... included in the package?

We will be on the Serenade so I don't think there would be a dedicated Starbucks onboard.

Yes coffees are also covered as well as bottled water, soda etc. I don't think the Starbucks kiosks are covered under the package, but there are other cafes on board that make latte's and mochas and cappuccinos and those are covered under the package. If your sailing currently has the refreshment package for sale at $18 then it's probably worth it for you to buy, since it sounds like you will drink enough of the drinks that are covered.

This is an EXCEL spreadsheet that was provided sometime ago by another CC member; I saved it and have since Modified it, i.e. Deluxe & Refreshment.

It may help when trying to decide whether the Cost of Pkgs is "worth it".

Enter the Number of Pkgs in Cell C6 and/or C8, and the Price of the Pkg in Cells D6 and/or D8.

Then make your best guess when determining the number of Drinks and Type per day. Once complete, review the results in Cell G98 (or H98) to determine savings, if any.

Drink_Package_Calculator-2017 (1).xls

Yes coffees are also covered as well as bottled water, soda etc. I don't think the Starbucks kiosks are covered under the package, but there are other cafes on board that make latte's and mochas and cappuccinos and those are covered under the package. If your sailing currently has the refreshment package for sale at $18 then it's probably worth it for you to buy, since it sounds like you will drink enough of the drinks that are covered.

Thank you for letting me know.