Allure- Ft Lauderdale what to do on departure day?

We are coming back on the Allure Sunday morning but flight doesn't leave until 7pm from FLL. Our airline isn't part of the ones that we can precheck our bags with using Royals bag option. What can we do in Ft Lauderdale with our luggage all day with 2 kids? Will any of the hotels have an option to pay day fee to use pools and bell check service? Any advice on how to spend the day would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This past April. we had the same situation. We used the day room option at the Rodeway Inn . I believe it was @ $60. They pick you up at the cruise terminal, take you to their hotel, where you have full use of a room and the facilities . We enjoyed it very much. When we were ready, they took us to the airport. There are no stores or eating places within walking distance. They do however, have a nice little store in the lobby, as well as a restaurant.

This past April. we had the same situation. We used the day room option at the Rodeway Inn . I believe it was @ $60. They pick you up at the cruise terminal, take you to their hotel, where you have full use of a room and the facilities . We enjoyed it very much. When we were ready, they took us to the airport. There are no stores or eating places within walking distance. They do however, have a nice little store in the lobby, as well as a restaurant.

Can you make reservations for this in advance or not?

We booked an excursion through rccl for a sight seeing bus and boat tour. It was great we really liked the boat tour and our bags were stored on the bus. After the tour we were dropped off at the airport.

There are hotels that offer a day rate, unfortunately some you can not pre-book. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites and at the Hilton Marina before a cruise and have gone back to spend the afternoon or drop bags with bell captain with no issues (no day-room/not checking in). Both have nice pool areas. The Hilton Marina is at a Water Taxi stop - and the water taxi is a great way to relax and pass time. Both close to some great restaurants.

We've done both - a full day excursion with RC (I think it was a trip to the swamp to see alligators) and day room. Both worked well, I think the day room was cheaper. I think the excursion was specifically geared for people with late flights (i.e. if I recall correctly, the coach dropped us off at the airport at the end).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think so. I think we just called them as soon as we came disembarked and reserved the room..then they arranged to pick us up. We did did have to wait awhile..seems like it was about 45 minutes. I suggest you call them just to be sure.

Thanks so much the information.

In addition to getting a day room, there is a wonderful riverboat excursion. It takes about an hour and a half and sails three times/daily. It is on the Carrie B Riverboat. http://www.carriebcruises.com. We've gone on three times (different groups of people each time) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It docks near the Cheesecake Factory and there are many other shops/restaurants nearby to enjoy. If you preorder your tickets, a discount is offered.

In addition to getting a day room, there is a wonderful riverboat excursion. It takes about an hour and a half and sails three times/daily. It is on the Carrie B Riverboat. http://www.carriebcruises.com. We've gone on three times (different groups of people each time) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It docks near the Cheesecake Factory and there are many other shops/restaurants nearby to enjoy. If you preorder your tickets, a discount is offered.

The carrie b is the boat tour included with the tour i mentioned in the post above. it was one of our favorite excursions. Have a great cruise :)