Elite Cocktail Hour - Silhouette

mitchden

What kinds of drinks can I get during the "daily" cocktail hour for Elite members? Can I carry a glass of wine into the main dining room?

Drinks are not to leave the Elite Event. Drinks are red wine, white wine, apple martini, any basic well drink. ie rum and coke, gin and tonic. someone will have a pic of the list. It is a nice list. The Sky Lounge has a bar. If you have a drink package you can order what you want from you package.

Instructions say not to take drinks from the cocktail event and there is usually a gatekeeper at the door who enforces that

Noone is going to stop you taking a glass of wine out of the lounge, but it is a long way to carry it to the MDR. Its not worth the effort in my opinion

We have seen both gatekeepers stopping people and actually had bar/wait staff making sure our glass of wine was full just prior to our leaving for dinner. They would go around about 10-15 prior to MDR start time. I personally see no problem of someone taking ONE drink out of lounge. The quality of drink is below what they sell in Premium package, for a reason, thus the cost is so small AND the perceived benefit is nice to be able to take your unfinished drink with you.

The beer selection, IMHO, sucks! They sell some very good beers ALL around ship, but do not offer them during the Elite Cocktail Hour. I complain, but hey it is free, so I tend to drink the cheap wine vs cheap beer.

Many years ago, I would complain and they would allow me to have a Boddingtons, which was very much appreciated. Recent staff have not been as flexible.

Edited by shipshape sam

Noone is going to stop you taking a glass of wine out of the lounge, but it is a long way to carry it to the MDR. Its not worth the effort in my opinion

No one but the staff at the door who will force you to put the drink on a tray next to the door before you leave. Not 100% of the time, but the vast majority of the time in the many cruises we've been on with a Elite event but no coupons.