Will new offer be applied after final paymnet made?

alexandra cruiser

I booked the 4 FREE excursions before final payment, now I see same cruise is offering 6;contacted my TA to add the extra. Since its the weekend, no reply yet. But wonder if others have done this, I ve gotten a discount in fare on other lines,but not this ,exactly.

Any thoughts?Seems only fair, as not to would penalize early bookers.

Edited by alexandra cruiser

I booked the 4 FREE excursions before final payment, now I see same cruise is offering 6;contacted my TA to add the extra. Since its the weekend, no reply yet. But wonder if others have done this, I ve gotten a discount in fare on other lines,but not this ,exactly.

Any thoughts?Seems only fair, as not to would penalize early bookers.

Wrong. Recent O web post dropped the total amounts in O Life perks and also changed the wording from "per person" to "per stateroom." You probably have more than the current deal.

BTW, O's "book onboard" deals now have price drop protection.

and you re all right,did misread.Sorry for confusion.

Sent another email to my TA to ignore first.

You think that O is trying to trick us with the per cabin from the per person? It is easy to misread this since the offers last year were all per person.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....so if we booked under the old offer of per person, we will still get that offer? Or can we be bumped back to the fewer excursions? If the latter, perhaps the on board credit would be a better option (or did they reduce that too?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong....so if we booked under the old offer of per person, we will still get that offer? Or can we be bumped back to the fewer excursions? If the latter, perhaps the on board credit would be a better option (or did they reduce that too?)

You will get what you booked - unless YOU request a change (before final payment).

Edited by Paulchili

Believe the OBC amounts where reduced as well. Beverage package did not change.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will find that the offers will either be reduced or increased based on how well a particular cruise is selling. If there is a lot of unsold cabins, offers often get better but you must read the new offer very carefully. It usually gives something but sometimes also takes away so you have to look at the value.

On our last two cruises, I was able to improve our offer. The tariff was reduced on both. The last time it was after final payment. Work with your TA. You can't get what you don't ask for.

On our last short cruise (10 day on the Marina), we upgraded to an OS from an OC for a very reasonable amount. We decided we would never get another chance on our budget to stay in an OS so we went for it. I realize that is a self-initiated improvement but if a cruise is selling out, upgrades are possible at significantly reduced rates. The upgrade to the OS was made three weeks before departure.