My thoughts about my valor cruise

dwaterhouse

1. Be patient, expect to wait in lines

2. Use your knife for cutting during dinner, the side of your fork is not sirated, it will keep your plate from sliding across the table.

3. Don't get upset with your server that you didn't have time for dessert, if you order 3 appetizers and 2 entrees, and expect to be finished in less than 1 hour..

4. Put down your cell phone... Enjoy your significant other and children.

5. The words " excuse me", " please and thank you " go a long way

6. I know it's your vacation, and you paid for it, and you will do as you want ...But if you are going to eat in the dining room on formal night.... Please.... Take a shower and don't wear shorts, tshirt, flip flops and a baseball cap. Have a little self respect .... Carnival either enforces the rule... Or they need to get rid of it... Either way take a shower please.

7. Be kind to your elders and handicapped, i know you need to get to the buffet, but no need to run them over or cut them off.

1. Be patient, expect to wait in lines

2. Use your knife for cutting during dinner, the side of your fork is not sirated, it will keep your plate from sliding across the table.

3. Don't get upset with your server that you didn't have time for dessert, if you order 3 appetizers and 2 entrees, and expect to be finished in less than 1 hour..

4. Put down your cell phone... Enjoy your significant other and children.

5. The words " excuse me", " please and thank you " go a long way

6. I know it's your vacation, and you paid for it, and you will do as you want ...But if you are going to eat in the dining room on formal night.... Please.... Take a shower and don't wear shorts, tshirt, flip flops and a baseball cap. Have a little self respect .... Carnival either enforces the rule... Or they need to get rid of it... Either way take a shower please.

7. Be kind to your elders and handicapped, i know you need to get to the buffet, but no need to run them over or cut them off.

So , how did you like the ship ?

I don't think half the people on a cruise know the words "please" and "thank you"...or "excuse me" for that matter. On our last cruise my spouse, my son and I were checking out the photos at the gallery and this older woman - on a scooter no less - stops right behind where we were standing. After a few moments I asked "oh, do you need to get by?" And she replied "yes I do". I said "oh okay sorry we didn't know. Usually people say excuse me when they need to get by". She looked at me as if I had two heads lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wait!!!!

Am I really expected to shower before dinner? I have been in the pool all day drinking so I feel fresh.

I think by your screen name we may have a lot in common... I was a HM3/8404. If so... Don't make me give you the hygiene talk.... Lol

I loved the ship.... It's beautiful to me. It is actually at the top of my list of all time favorites.

Crew was fantastic. Had a great time.

This is what is important to me, I kind of tune out the rest of humanity while onboard (I know that some on here would put quotations around humanity;)).

I also was on this cruise. I do have to say that I was disappointed on formal night at the number of people who think it's cute to wear street clothes. Understandably, not everyone has a suit, but a nice polo with slacks is ok. I saw men in shorts and tshirts. The buffet was open--they should have gone there.

As far as the cruise itself--no complaints. Staff was excellent. Dealing with the usual "I'm the only one on the ship" attitudes from passengers is to be expected. I had quite a bit of fun watching the trivia on deck 3. Between some of the hilarious answers and Zanna (the crewmember asking the questions) mispronouncing nearly every word (she's American)...that was the highlight of the seadays!

I loved the ship.... It's beautiful to me. It is actually at the top of my list of all time favorites.

Crew was fantastic. Had a great time.

IMO-- Valor has the best crew of any ship I have ever been on. Super friendly bartenders, wait staff, room attendants, entertainment crew-- everyone we came in contact with. Even though the weather was not perfect and the ports were just okay, it was one of my favorite cruises because of the crew.

Sailed the Valor first week of October, otherwise known as "Get ahead of Hurricane Matthew, then get behind him tour." Staff was atypical Carnival: effecient and polite.

The 2.0 upgrades were the Guys Burgers (A must) and the Iguana/Frog ensemble. SeaDay Brunch was awesome,as was the Steakhouse. Live Carribbean bands returned poolside, and we were blessed with the adult pool on those sea days when everyone was outside.

The weather forced us to miss Grand Turk, and we were delayed back to port by about 7 hours, but the staff didnt miss a beat. Restaurants remained opened, and in general everything flowed smoothly when people wanted it to.

We're considering one of the three day Bahamas cruises on the Valor in late March to breakup the year between week long cruises.

If you were on this cruise you also noticed the number of 65+ passengers out numbered the 60 and below. Especially at the adult only pool. Most of those folks we spoke to were very kind. I'm thinking the 20 somethings crowd was feeling a bit lonely. Great cruise over all. We are no a big fans of the American Table menu. Some of the items on the menu are not appealing, but from the grill was always a good alternative. Bonaire was just Ok. The salt marshes were interesting. The rain spoiled our stop at the beach. Aruba is always fantastic, but was hotter than our last visit in May 2015. Temp was 88 with a feel like of 98. The sunset cocktail cruise was much cooler and not a bad tour. Some of the guests on the cameraman were a bit pushy when they announced the bar was open. You would of thought they were getting their last drink of the cruise. I think Carnival should have stopped at La Romana instead of Grand Turk since we sailed right past Dominican Republic on our way to grand Turk. We have been to Grand Turk 5 times now. Thursday night through Saturday the seas were rocking and rolling. Not too bad for us. Some passengers looked a bit green.

Edited by martinhughes1

IMO-- Valor has the best crew of any ship I have ever been on. Super friendly bartenders, wait staff, room attendants, entertainment crew-- everyone we came in contact with. Even though the weather was not perfect and the ports were just okay, it was one of my favorite cruises because of the crew.

With all of the positive reviews I am reading about Valor, I am getting more and more excited! We leave Sunday and I can't wait.

If you were on this cruise you also noticed the number of 65+ passengers out numbered the 60 and below. Especially at the adult only pool. Most of those folks we spoke to were very kind. I'm thinking the 20 somethings crowd was feeling a bit lonely. Great cruise over all. We are no a big fans of the American Table menu. Some of the items on the menu are not appealing, but from the grill was always a good alternative. Bonaire was just Ok. The salt marshes were interesting. The rain spoiled our stop at the beach. Aruba is always fantastic, but was hotter than our last visit in May 2015. Temp was 88 with a feel like of 98. The sunset cocktail cruise was much cooler and not a bad tour. Some of the guests on the cameraman were a bit pushy when they announced the bar was open. You would of thought they were getting their last drink of the cruise. I think Carnival should have stopped at La Romana instead of Grand Turk since we sailed right past Dominican Republic on our way to grand Turk. We have been to Grand Turk 5 times now. Thursday night through Saturday the seas were rocking and rolling. Not too bad for us. Some passengers looked a bit green.

I regret not being on this cruise then. Would have enjoyed your company.