Adventure of the Seas - excursion plans

bensmom1

For Southern Carib itinerary next March, here's what I've got so far after lots of reading here (we are not big on sightseeing tours or shopping, too lazy to hike, and in the past have most enjoyed snorkeling/beach/water stuff):

- St. Maarten--walk to Divi Little Bay for easy beach and snorkel

- St. Kitts--probably catamaran to Nevis thru RCCL

- St. John's--Adventure Antigua Ecotour (snorkel boat)

- St. Lucia--coastal cruise to Pitons booked thru RCCL

- Barbados--probably taxi to Boatyard for fun beach day and maybe hop on a boat to snorkel with turtles

Thoughts? I know it seems like a lot of water stuff, and I thought about something like the cave tour in Barbados, etc. but we have never been to any of these ports and I think each beach/water day will be a little different.

For Southern Carib itinerary next March, here's what I've got so far after lots of reading here (we are not big on sightseeing tours or shopping, too lazy to hike, and in the past have most enjoyed snorkeling/beach/water stuff):

- Barbados--probably taxi to Boatyard for fun beach day and maybe hop on a boat to snorkel with turtles

Thoughts? I know it seems like a lot of water stuff, and I thought about something like the cave tour in Barbados, etc. but we have never been to any of these ports and I think each beach/water day will be a little different.

We are definitely doing the same thing in St. Kitts and St. Lucia- not quite sure yet on the other ports- In Antigua we will most likely do a beach day. I think your plans look amazing so far. :)

We did the Ecotour in Antigua a couple of years ago. We loved it.

We rented a car and did a DIY tour of Barbados. One of our stops was the cave tour. We would not recommend it. We waited a LONG time to even get into the cave and then were underwhelmed by the tour itself. We spent about three hours there that we wish we had back to do other things.

In Barbados I like Sail Calabaza, Gina takes a max of 12 people on the catamaran and you are pampered the whole day. She is a wonderful cook and her banana bread is fantastic. I was up close to so many sea turtles and it was one of the best excursions I have been on.

http://barbadoscatamaran.com/

took this tour feb/2016 only 14 people on the boat at one time and take your shoes off before you get on the boat the most amazing cat. tour i have ever done. we were a group of 10 and a sad face at end of the day. you will not run dry on the rum food was out of this world. if i ever get back to barbados i will book this again

I can highly recommend Silvermoon Catamaran in Barbados. Only 12 on board. Snorkeled with turtles, at shipwreck then sailed to a beautiful cove for a very nice lunch. Amazing crew, perfect day. Would definitely book again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by TigerCruzin

I can highly recommend Silvermoon Catamaran in Barbados. Only 12 on board. Snorkeled with turtles, at shipwreck then sailed to a beautiful cove for a very nice lunch. Amazing crew, perfect day. Would definitely book again

Another vote for Silver Moon:) But if OP just wants a less expensive beach day the Boatyard is a good choice.

St.John - I did the Xtreme tour with Adventure Antigua tour last year and it was one of my favorite things I did the entire cruise. I'm booked for the eco tour next month so I can let you know how that goes.

St. Lucia - check out Joys Adventure. A little bit of everything and overall a great time

Barbados - I also recommend Sail Calabaza :)

Have you considered booking privately instead of with RCI on two of your port stops?

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

We are going on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean and would normally book the the cruise line for excursions. It appears the prices have doubled since our last experience and found a booking company thru TripAdvisor's reviews called Viator and hoping someone might have experience if they are reliable to book excursions.

We are going going to zip line in St. Lucia and the ships excursion does not go to the Treetop Adventure Park.

Thanks,

Roy

We've used Viator a number of times - but not for Caribbean ports. All Viator tours have been reasonable priced and excellent. Highly recommend.

Best independent tours ever are in the Caribbean. Bernard's in St. Maartin, and Cosol in St. Lucia. Both are inexpensive, and have top ratings on TripAdvisor. Bernard's takes you to Orient Beach for beach time, and to Maho Bay beach to experience the planes landing.

We did the RCL excursion to Nevis previously. Very good. It's a 45 minute ride to Nevis, and would suggest doing it thru RCL rather than independently because of difficulty of getting back to the ship if something goes wrong.

We've done the Adventure Antiqua Ecotour - excellent! Great choice.