Vista/HMC?

cruisewiththekids

I noticed that none of the Vista itineraries include Half Moon Cay. Is it too large, or is there another reason it doesn't visit the island?

We were told it is too large of a ship to effectively be able to run a tender operation to the island.

it is a Carnival corp own island, not a Carnival Cruise Line owned island.

other ships within the carnival corp stop at hmc like holland american, princess and others

Holland America has first dibs on HMC.

Princess has its own private island dont think it goes to HMC.

So, does that mean the Breeze, Magic, and Dream don't visit HMC either?

Vista is not much bigger, if at all bigger than those two. Right?

Vista is larger and carries more passengers than the other three ships listed.

Carnival Magic:

130,000 GROSS TONNAGE

3690 GUEST CAPACITY

1004 LENGTH IN FEET

1367 ONBOARD CREW

Carnival Dream:

130,000 GROSS TONNAGE

3646 GUEST CAPACITY

1004 LENGTH IN FEET

1367 ONBOARD CREW

Carnival Breeze:

130,000 GROSS TONNAGE

3690 GUEST CAPACITY

1004 LENGTH IN FEET

1386 ONBOARD CREW

Carnival Vista

133,500 GROSS TONNAGE

3956 GUEST CAPACITY

1055 LENGTH IN FEET

1450 ONBOARD CREW

Edited by dacsmom

Vista is larger and carries more passengers than the other three ships listed.

Probably should have Googled it before I posted.... Not much bigger at all....

Carnival Vista is only slightly larger than Carnival Breeze -- 133,500 gross tons vs Breeze's 130,000 -- yet has one additional passenger deck and carries 246 more cruisers (for a total of 3,936 passengers, compared to Breeze's 3,690, when sailing at double capacity).

With just 246 more passengers, that wouldn't make the difference at HMC, I don't think. But honestly, I don't know if any of the other Dream class ships go there......

Probably should have Googled it before I posted.... Not much bigger at all....

Carnival Vista is only slightly larger than Carnival Breeze -- 133,500 gross tons vs Breeze's 130,000 -- yet has one additional passenger deck and carries 246 more cruisers (for a total of 3,936 passengers, compared to Breeze's 3,690, when sailing at double capacity).

With just 246 more passengers, that wouldn't make the difference at HMC, I don't think. But honestly, I don't know if any of the other Dream class ships go there......

I know the Dream does not go there.

it is a Carnival corp own island, not a Carnival Cruise Line owned island.

other ships within the carnival corp stop at hmc like holland american, princess and others

Actually, to be more accurate, the island is owned by Holland America. Carnival Cruise Lines has use of it because both cruise lines are owned by Carnival Corporation. And they are the only two of Carnival Corp's lines that use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, to be more accurate, the island is owned by Holland America. Carnival Cruise Lines has use of it because both cruise lines are owned by Carnival Corporation. And they are the only two of Carnival Corp's lines that use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Other lines have called on HMC

MSC Divina was there a couple of years ago.

https://travelshopgirl.com/visiting-little-san-salvador-half-moon-cay-on-msc-divina-msc-cruises/

Wonder why. CCL would control all the excursions and drinking there so would think it would be very profitable port to go to.

Only 1 of the 3 ships in the class is home ported on the East Coast (Magic, in Port Canaveral). Breeze and Dream sail primarily Western Caribbean itineraries. Even when Breeze and Dream head east, Half Moon Cay being southeast of Nassau most likely puts Half Moon Cay out of reach.

Magic tends to go further south than the Bahamas on her Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Carnival most likely decided to put the larger ships on the less port-intensive itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 1 of the 3 ships in the class is home ported on the East Coast (Magic, in Port Canaveral). Breeze and Dream sail primarily Western Caribbean itineraries. Even when Breeze and Dream head east, Half Moon Cay being southeast of Nassau most likely puts Half Moon Cay out of reach.

Magic tends to go further south than the Bahamas on her Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Carnival most likely decided to put the larger ships on the less port-intensive itineraries.

Breeze and Dream sailed from Miami and Port Canaveral for 4+ years and never called on HMC.

Doing the Magic later this month and it is the longer S Caribbean cruise to Aruba and Curacao. On way back we stop at GT so think it would be feasible to stop at HMC.