Disembarkation - Ventura

Bruce62

Hi,

Just got off Ventura after a 3-day cruise, to find there was no system for getting off, other than, self carry at c.7.30 am, followed by every man for himself at c.8.30am.

Is this the norm now, or just for the so called 'Party-Cruises' ?

Thanks

Hi,

Just got off Ventura after a 3-day cruise, to find there was no system for getting off, other than, self carry at c.7.30 am, followed by every man for himself at c.8.30am.

Thanks

I dont know is the straight answer ....but I would hope not , for health and safety reasons alone! But I guess a lot more people self carry on these very short cruises...maybe they were late from the 7.30 slot...?

Hi,

Thanks

Thinking about it, most people on a 2-3 day cruise will only have 1 large case, so I would guess the majority would self disembark. If a lot self disembarked they probably worked out that the people left would be able to walk off without luggage at 8.30, without too many problems.

certainly on longer cruises its like its always been.

Hi,

Thanks

Last time I disembarked following a two nighter, the self-disembarkation people left at the early time as you describe. There are always going to be a high proportion of this type of traveller on short cruises as most can carry a couple of nights luggage in a small, easy to handle bag.

After this the groups system was started with the set time table, but due to the lack of numbers at the queue to walk off, I believe the process accelerated rapidly with a final announcement that all could disembark. You could still wait a bit if you wanted and the "rush" was not huge.

Regards John

I just got off a 19 day cruise on Oriana. We each had one large suitcase and I still brought home stuff that I didn't use. We self-disembarked. It's so much easier and quicker. But I am sure I read that on very short cruises, it's just a free for all, not a timed departure.

Edited by jeanlyon

Yes, we have always been told just to go after our last couple of two nighters and many people just had carry on luggage.

There was a bit of a rush at one stage when the announcement was made, but we stayed on a bit and had a leisurely breakfast . It all moved pretty quickly.