HELP!! Oasis of the sea's WEDDING

Hi there,

i was looking to get some information regarding weddings on the Oasis of the seas, wondering if anyone has gotten married on this ship that could offer me some advice or tips, or have gone to a wedding on this boat/a boat. i wanna know if it was difficult to plan or how smooth the process was and if you would recommend a port wedding or an on ship wedding. Also wondering about receptions, looking to have something formal afterwards supper followed by speeches and a dance the traditional wedding stuff. Also looking at how much $ its going to run me. Any info would be great :):):):)

Info here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_weddings

Be sure you are sitting down when you review the prices.

Our daughter got married on Liberty last year. The shipboard service was outstanding. All of the shipboard crew involved with the wedding did everything possible to make the event perfect.

However, dealing with the shoreside contractor (Royal Romance) for the pre-wedding planning was an excercise in frustration. Don't expect return calls or email responses to be prompt. Expect to spend lots of time on the phone asking for supervisors, etc. Expect lack of communication between the shoreside contractor and the shipboard crew.

I just got married on the anthem in May...all I can say is get everything in writing and make sure you tell everyone what you want multiple times over. The wedding coordinators thru royal are horrible!! They tell you they will do something and never do it or they tell you that something can be done when it can't. The crew onboard were wonderful but the planning and the communication was the worst of any company I have ever seen! The worst part was if you had a question they wouldn't get back to you for days and you had to have email back and forth to have an appointment to even call them to discuss things, every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by FRMCRZR823

I just got married on the anthem in May...all I can say is get everything in writing and make sure you tell everyone what you want multiple times over. The wedding coordinators thru royal are horrible!! They tell you they will do something and never do it or they tell you that something can be done when it can't. The crew onboard were wonderful but the planning and the communication was the worst of any company I have ever seen! The worst part was if you had a question they wouldn't get back to you for days and you had to have email back and forth to have an appointment to even call them to discuss things, every time!

Very similar to our experience.

Would you consider getting married on another cruise line?

We were married on Carnival Pride in 2014, and we had a great experience.

Before that, most of my cruises were on RC, so we checked out their wedding packages. Everything was a la carte and very expensive. Carnival was more affordable, and everything was in one package.

If Carnival isn't your "thing," I've heard wonderful things about Princess Weddings.

I planned my daughter's wedding on a 3 hr riverboat cruise in New Orleans. The Captain married them and we had our own venue on the boat to eat, drink, dance etc. all provided by the boat. Don't know if something like that might work for you the you and your spouse can do the cruise as a honeymoon.

My son wanted to get married on Allure. After checking the prices....in the link Bob posted....he and his fiancee decided to cruise on Allure and get married in Jamaica. http://www.tropicalweddingsjamaica.com/

They had a beautiful beach wedding and celebrated in a Specialty Restaurant on the ship.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Info here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_weddings

Be sure you are sitting down when you review the prices.

Our daughter got married on Liberty last year. The shipboard service was outstanding. All of the shipboard crew involved with the wedding did everything possible to make the event perfect.

However, dealing with the shoreside contractor (Royal Romance) for the pre-wedding planning was an excercise in frustration. Don't expect return calls or email responses to be prompt. Expect to spend lots of time on the phone asking for supervisors, etc. Expect lack of communication between the shoreside contractor and the shipboard crew.

Hi Bob - out of curiosity, who performs the marriage? Always assumed the captain does, but maybe I've watched too much tv haha.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Hi there,

i was looking to get some information regarding weddings on the Oasis of the seas, wondering if anyone has gotten married on this ship that could offer me some advice or tips, or have gone to a wedding on this boat/a boat. i wanna know if it was difficult to plan or how smooth the process was and if you would recommend a port wedding or an on ship wedding. Also wondering about receptions, looking to have something formal afterwards supper followed by speeches and a dance the traditional wedding stuff. Also looking at how much $ its going to run me. Any info would be great :):):):)

I have found that the price for a wedding on royal is way more expensive and can add up pretty quickly. When it adds up you almost spend as much as land wedding! Carnival is way more affordable and they offer great packages. You are also able to go tour the ship for free(which I did about 3 weeks ago) to see how the different venues look. Royal they charge you 250$ for a tour[emoji15]. That was a deal breaker for me. So we decided to go with Carnival on the vista leaving out of Miami.Also check out Norwegian. We are touring them in 2 weeks. They are kind of pricey too but we're still gonna check them out.

Hi Bob - out of curiosity, who performs the marriage? Always assumed the captain does, but maybe I've watched too much tv haha.

If you opt for the wedding at sea, you are guaranteed either the Captain or Staff Captain. They did not tell us up front which we (our daughter) would get, but it turned out to be the Captain.

Edited by clarea

If you opt for the wedding at sea, you are guaranteed either the Captain or Staff Captain. They did not tell us up front which we (our daughter) would get, but it turned out to be the Captain.

:) As pinnacle cruisers I would expect the Captain to make the effort to officiate your daughter's wedding. :)

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I was wondering if you got married at Sea and if so, do you have pictures? I'm strongly considering the Anthem but i was told my one person I could have it at 270 which is bright and beautiful and by another person I could only have it in the Music Hall which is very dark.