Anyone purchase onboard credits through My NCL?

Welovecruising!

I have tried two times now to purchase onboard credits through My NCL. It shows that they went through and then nothing else happens. I called twice and they say they have no record of me making the purchase. Anyone else experience this issue? Does it take a while to process? They told me over the phone it was instantaneous.

Have had that issue when I wanted to prepay DSC and then when I bought a case of water.... the NCL rep indicated the website does not process things from time to time.... I also received the screen confirmation but never an email so I knew it wasn't processed.

sent using Forums mobile app

I have tried two times now to purchase onboard credits through My NCL. It shows that they went through and then nothing else happens. I called twice and they say they have no record of me making the purchase. Anyone else experience this issue? Does it take a while to process? They told me over the phone it was instantaneous.

Just call and tell the NCL rep. you want to purchase OBC. Ask for email confirmation , which usually you get before you get off phone.

NCL web is lacking when it comes to making payments, etc. I tried making payments on my NCL once, then reverted back to "old fashioned way" talking to a real person. Surprise, surprise it worked. LOL

Are there any benefits to purchasing OBC in advance? A discount or something?

A purchase of $1,000 using NCL MasterCard would be worth an extra $30 cash back (on redemptions of 25,000 or more points). Also you could walk off the ship with no balance or even a credit balance. No real benefit other than that.

You called twice? Why not just do the transaction over the phone?

Are there any benefits to purchasing OBC in advance? A discount or something?

It can be advantageous for those from other countries with the exchange rates. I buy OBC for my parents as gifts for holidays/birthdays as they cruise a lot.

OP, yes, I've had that issue before. About 50% of the time if I attempt to purchase OBC prior to my cruise, the website fails. Sometimes it shows on the shopping cart icon that it's added to my cart, but when I visit the cart there's nothing there, and then I'll add it again and I may end up with double what I wanted and then when I try to remove half of it, I get an error message. It's a whole ball of fun. :rolleyes: Other times, it's worked without a hitch. They really need better tech folks. Sigh.

I pre-purchased some OBC for a Breakaway cruise I went on back in May so that I could take advantage of an American Express Offers deal from Norwegian. It worked out well -- as it turns out, I bought some CruiseNext coupons on board and had no trouble using up my OBC.

If you purchase OBC and you don't use it all do you get it back at the end of the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They now only provide a refund via a check mailed to your home (at least that is what they told us on the BA). Ours took about 10 weeks to receive.