Cost of wine on Golden Princess?

Hi. We are cruising from Melbourne to NZ and back to Melbourne in January. I can't see us using the all inclusive drinks package - at $73+ per person perday - so was just wondering what an average glass of wine might cost? We'd prob be looking at about 3 per day between 2 of us.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi. We are cruising from Melbourne to NZ and back to Melbourne in January. I can't see us using the all inclusive drinks package - at $73+ per person perday - so was just wondering what an average glass of wine might cost? We'd prob be looking at about 3 per day between 2 of us.

It's only $59 a day, a glitch in the online system, if you want it wait till you board. I'm not a drinker, but last year all the ones I noticed were around $8-$10 a glass, also if you buy a bottle they'll hold the remains till the next night, worth remembering.

It's only $59 a day, a glitch in the online system, if you want it wait till you board. I'm not a drinker, but last year all the ones I noticed were around $8-$10 a glass, also if you buy a bottle they'll hold the remains till the next night, worth remembering.

On Golden Princess bottled wine AU$35 and up. Glass $8 and up. Yes, as Gut said, buy ia bottle in the MDR, if you only drink half, they will keep it for you.

Tip: Go for the Chilean wines, decent and some of the cheaper ones on board.

Above all enjoy.

Edited by NSWP

On Golden Princess bottled wine AU$35 and up. Glass $8 and up. Yes, as Gut said, buy ia bottle in the MDR, if you only drink half, they will keep it for you.

Tip: Go for the Chilean wines, decent and some of the cheaper ones on board.

Above all enjoy.

We were talked into trying one of the Chilean wines on our last Princess cruise. Yes it is cheap, and it tastes like it too, never again.

We were talked into trying one of the Chilean wines on our last Princess cruise. Yes it is cheap, and it tastes like it too, never again.

I recall having a Chilean Carmenere on Golden and it was a very decent drop. But then I happen to like that variety.

Hi,

it is not worth you buying a drinks package. I do enjoy a wine on a cruise and I found it hard to break even with the drinks package, which also includes all coffees, and soft drinks. I'd buy as you go if I was you.

Trish

Hi,

it is not worth you buying a drinks package. I do enjoy a wine on a cruise and I found it hard to break even with the drinks package, which also includes all coffees, and soft drinks. I'd buy as you go if I was you.

Trish

That's true if you only drink wine or beer but if you enjoy a cocktail or two a day then the package becomes cost-effective.

Depending on what you want to drink, you might also want to check out buying your wine before you board...you're able to take on as many bottles as you like, to drink wherever you like provided you pay corkage - this is $15 per bottle, but if you can find something you like in the $10-$20 a bottle range, you're going to come out ahead even with the corkage fee. MDR or any of the bars will keep your own bottles for you as they do with ship bought wine ...just has to have a sticker or stamp to show you've paid corkage.

There are good and ordinary in every brand. But generally the Chilean ones are ok. As are the Argentine Malbecs.