NCL Gem NYC Arrival vs Disembarkation Time

$hip$hape

RE: NCL Gem cruise, February 7th, 2017

Skipping ahead… For our disembarkation on February 17th, on our return to NYC (Manhattan Cruise Terminal),

the NCL itinerary lists the Gem’s arrival time at 10:00 am.

Issue - Flying home…

We have a choice of Delta flights, back to Buffalo from JFK of 12:30 pm(too early?) or 4:30 pm(late) .

NCL PCC says “You should be able to make the 12:30 flight, if everything goes okay, but I wouldn’t recommend it,

unless you want to worry about your flights for the next 96 days.”"

Looks like we will choose the 4:30 flight.

Questions:

Does the Gem actually arrive at 10:00, or can we disembark at this time?

(This seems like an unusually late arrival time since the next cruise departs at 4 pm.)

If we choose the 4:30 flight, how long may we stay on the ship ‘til they kick us off?

Edited by $hip$hape

Last Feb., we did a 10-nighter on the Gem out of NY. Although the ship returned on time, our disembarkation was delayed for nearly two hours after those who had carried off their own bags because ICE decided to halt disembarkation entirely until their dogs had sniffed each and every piece of luggage brought down off the ship. Not until that had happened was anyone else allowed off the ship.

Stuff can happen.

Even if it doesn't, I'd be worrying about that 12:30pm flight, especially on a weekday.

Last Feb., we did a 10-nighter on the Gem out of NY. Although the ship returned on time, our disembarkation was delayed for nearly two hours after those who had carried off their own bags because ICE decided to halt disembarkation entirely

until their dogs had sniffed each and every piece of luggage brought down off the ship.

Not until that had happened was anyone else allowed off the ship.

Stuff can happen.

Even if it doesn't, I'd be worrying about that 12:30pm flight, especially on a weekday.

Thanks... I understand;

Sniffin' and stuff can happen.:p

Maybe, before departure, we'll take last advantage of the UBP !?

Thanks... I understand;

That is probably a whole new question you may want to check on if you are serious. I recall about 6 months ago someone brought up they tried to order a drink on disembarkation morning and they got charged for it. I don't recall all the details and it didn't seem to make a lot of sense that they could still add the charge to your account but the drink plan was no longer in effect.

That is probably a whole new question you may want to check on if you are serious. I recall about 6 months ago someone brought up

they tried to order a drink on disembarkation morning and they got charged for it. I don't recall all the details and it didn't seem to make a lot of sense that they could still add the charge to your account but the drink plan was no longer in effect.

At 90 days to go, I'm disconcerted and embarrassed.

I will pose this query to me PCC.:p

Being in Arizona, she(my PCC) seems to know nothing other than adding additional fees.:)

I'd hate to charge NCL with the burden of an additional drink.:rolleyes:

Thanks... I understand;

On my Pearl cruise last November and on the Sun in February, we were told the UBP was "over" the morning of disembarkation and were discouraged from ordering a mimosa for the regular charge.

image-300x209.png

On my Pearl cruise last November and on the Sun in February, we were told

the UBP was "over" the morning of disembarkation and were discouraged from ordering a mimosa for the regular charge.

I guess they don't want you drinking just before getting off the ship.

I'm sure it's only "for your own safety".:rolleyes::)