Ice Bar with UBP

Taylor95

The ice bar is not included in the UBP.

IMHO, the ice bar is overrated. On the Getaway, it was like walking into a large freezer. The novelty wore off after 5 minutes, there are a limited selection of drinks to chose from, and I could have easily gotten a similar drink at the bar next door for free with the UBP.

I know the ice bar includes two drinks and has a $20 fee. Does anyone know if you have the UBP if the cost is still $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drinks in the Ice Bar are always FREE...whether you have the UBP or not.

The $20 charge is for admission.

The ice bar is not included in the UBP.

IMHO, the ice bar is overrated. On the Getaway, it was like walking into a large freezer. The novelty wore off after 5 minutes, there are a limited selection of drinks to chose from, and I could have easily gotten a similar drink at the bar next door for free with the UBP.

I agree with you. We went to the ice bar on Breakaway, and it's a one time thing. I'm asking for my daughter & her friend - she will be celebrating her 21st birthday on Getaway next month and they want to try it.

I agree the Icebar is way overrated. I still can't believe I paid money to put on a jacket cleaned by a canned spray and worn by a lot and walk in a freezer and freeze. The Mojito bar is much better and free with UBP.

Even if you have like 4 drinks? I didn't think so. Just 2 for $20. Not all always and free.

Don't be so argumentative...they only give you two when you arrive..you can't order more...for free or even if you want to pay money. You are charged for admission, not for the drinks...you pay the admission fee even if you don't drink.

I know the ice bar includes two drinks and has a $20 fee. Does anyone know if you have the UBP if the cost is still $20?

Taylor, I wish there was a discount for the onboard ice bar visits (like is in place for some others events that include beverages and activities), but that isn't the case.

I tend to think of it as paying the fee for a combined 'experience' (not specifically the entrance or the beverages), and I encourage people to do it at least once . . . but that is coming from someone who lives in the South, and doesn't have those temperature ever as being normal. :)

If you go, I hope you'll really enjoy.

Drinks in the Ice Bar are always FREE...whether you have the UBP or not.

The $20 charge is for admission.

Even if you have like 4 drinks? I didn't think so. Just 2 for $20. Not all always and free.

Don't be so argumentative...they only give you two when you arrive.. you can't order more... for free or even if you want to pay money. You are charged for admission, not for the drinks...you pay the admission fee even if you don't drink.

I don't know if Kathy's response was meant to be argumentative or not, but it did seem like a valid question . . . and was, unfortunately, followed by an incorrect answer.

Yes, Len, there is definite history of people purchasing a third beverage while in the ice bar. I've personally done it more than once, in different ice bars, on different ships.

There is a beverage I enjoy that is readily available on most NCL ships, but not on those that have an ice bar, whereas that beverage is exclusive to the ice bar only. Seems a bit doofus, but that's their rules, so I play by them.

The beverage was charged to the neighboring bar, but consumed (and thoroughly enjoyed :)) within the ice bar. If the place was busy, I'd be concerned about any effort needed for them to make that happen, but those bartenders are often spending a portion of their shift outside since the attendance has been dropping dramatically for this experience.

I normally attempt to ignore you here on Cruise Critic, but I'm making this exception so people can know their options if they decide they'd like to extend their stay and have an additional beverage they enjoy.

Taylor, I wish there was a discount for the onboard ice bar visits (like is in place for some others events that include beverages and activities), but that isn't the case.

I tend to think of it as paying the fee for a combined 'experience' (not specifically the entrance or the beverages), and I encourage people to do it at least once . . . but that is coming from someone who lives in the South, and doesn't have those temperature ever as being normal. :)

If you go, I hope you'll really enjoy.

Thank you. My daughter will be celebrating her 21st birthday, so she and her friend plan to check it out.

Never been in the ice bar, but I have also seen several reports of people buying more drinks, I think there was even a menu with prices posted (a few years back, so probably no longer current). Between the options of refusing to sell you more drinks for any price, or giving you extra drinks and refusing to take more money, or selling you extra drinks and charging you more money for them… which one seems most likely to you?

I can only speak of my experience on the Epic. I tipped the bar tender and asked if was possible for an extra drink. He gave it to me and others of my party I tipped him again. When was leaving he asked if I wanted another. I personally didn't see any