Takeaways from Harmony

kruzerci

Sadly, our long weekend on Harmony is coming to a close. I will not be doing a thorough review as there have been several threads over the past couple of weeks. I just thought I'd post some takeaways from a Freedom and Oasis-class lover.

-They took a phenomenal class of ships and seemingly made it better in almost every aspect. It feels like everything you love about Oasis and Allure, but updated improved upon in many cases.

-The interior design is essentially the floor plan of Oasis with the decor and features on Quantum. A total win-win.

-The ultimate abyss is a bit disappointing. It blocks a lot of the view from the boardwalk but is not exciting... Pretty slow and over hyped.

-Lots of complaints on Cruise Critic about the solarium on Harmony, but I much prefer it over Oasis. It is larger, the ceiling is more breathable than Oasis and allows a good breeze. We haven't missed the "bird bath" style pools ;).

-I expected more little differences since Harmony was built at another yard than the twins, but design wise, there are very few differences.

-Overall quality has seemed much more on par with the Royal Caribbean of 10+ years ago. I don't know whether or not that has anything to do with the premium price for this short sailing or it being the inaugural from Ft. Lauderdale.

Feel free to ask any questions!

When you say the design is the same as Oasis but has the features of Quantum, do you mean that the ship

Is more high tech?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there are 68(?) Royal IQ stations oboard, Harmony supports the Royal IQ app, the interactive TV in the stateroom is much faster and more functional, the ship has VOOM internet, the WOW bands, streamlined boarding, etc.

It has the bionic bar, wonderland, and other features like Quantum and the color schemes and cabins are almost identical to Quantum rather than Oasis.

I'm one of those pool whiners;) I would like a cool pool for hot weather in the Solarium instead of hot tubs. Does it have the little creek with running water still? I loved the sound of water as I lounged. I am trying to get past my pool prejudice but it's hard, I'm a water baby. I feel like there is no reason to lay in a hot enclosed area with no cool water pool no matter the size.

Sadly, our long weekend on Harmony is coming to a close. I will not be doing a thorough review as there have been several threads over the past couple of weeks. I just thought I'd post some takeaways from a Freedom and Oasis-class lover.

-They took a phenomenal class of ships and seemingly made it better in almost every aspect. It feels like everything you love about Oasis and Allure, but updated improved upon in many cases.

-The interior design is essentially the floor plan of Oasis with the decor and features on Quantum. A total win-win.

-The ultimate abyss is a bit disappointing. It blocks a lot of the view from the boardwalk but is not exciting... Pretty slow and over hyped.

-Lots of complaints on Cruise Critic about the solarium on Harmony, but I much prefer it over Oasis. It is larger, the ceiling is more breathable than Oasis and allows a good breeze. We haven't missed the "bird bath" style pools ;).

-I expected more little differences since Harmony was built at another yard than the twins, but design wise, there are very few differences.

-Overall quality has seemed much more on par with the Royal Caribbean of 10+ years ago. I don't know whether or not that has anything to do with the premium price for this short sailing or it being the inaugural from Ft. Lauderdale.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks. That's what we were hoping. Only 3+ weeks to wait.

Plus Wonderland.

New shows, entertainment and attractions.

On and on.

Also, we've seen some "pretty big BIRDS" in those Oasis and Allure Solarium pools! :eek:

I'm one of those pool whiners;) I would like a cool pool for hot weather in the Solarium instead of hot tubs. Does it have the little creek with running water still? I loved the sound of water as I lounged. I am trying to get past my pool prejudice but it's hard, I'm a water baby. I feel like there is no reason to lay in a hot enclosed area with no cool water pool no matter the size.

Undsrstandbale! I was upset when I first read it, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the increased airflow and the fact that it doesn't have the stagnant, humid air feel of Oasis and Allure. For that reason, it ended up feeling like it wasn't a big deal at all. The added space also makes it feel so much larger. Lots of cushioned chairs and tables along with the cabana type beds and loungers!

Seems like the more open canopy design on Harmony would make Solarium less useful if the weather is poor. When it showered during a sea day on Oasis recently, the only available loungers were under open space and subject to the rain showers. Would this be a problem?

Did you have a Boardwalk view cabin...if so what location ?

I have (since June 2015) the last 4 cabins aft on deck #9 booked...long before we knew about the Abyss...Oh well..got them at such an amazing rate...we'll manage with the obstructed view....but not happy.

i had the pleasure of being on Harmony sailing back to Barcelona during bad weather. The Solarium was completely unusable, there was a river of rain running through it :(

That is true, though more ventilated, it would be less usable during inclement weather.

But the other Solariums on Freedom and Voyager class are uncovered so not unusual. I always preferred the solariums on Radiance and older classes for the option of being totally closed or open, don't know why they abandoned that movable ceiling.

What about the little creek, is it there?????

snexlg.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

But the other Solariums on Freedom and Voyager class are uncovered so not unusual. I always preferred the solariums on Radiance and older classes for the option of being totally closed or open, don't know why they abandoned that movable ceiling.

What about the little creek, is it there?????

snexlg.jpg

Totally forgot about that, Becci. No creek on Harmony.