Docking in St. Thomas

OKCer

When HAL was docking at Crown Bay, we had one cruise where we were redirected by the Harbour Master to Havensight as we were on our approach to the harbour. No reason was given, and there was an available berth at Crown Bay. So no guarantees, but yes, Celebrity is contracted to use Crown Bay.

Totally agree. We were so disappointed to be docked at Crown Bay, even though it has changed drastically since our first time there in 2009. It's still out of the way, the majority of the shops are overpriced jewelry stores and there are shipping containers everywhere.

It's my understanding that Celebrity will always dock there, even when there is space at Havensight (which there was plenty of space on our cruise).

"If there be two or more ports at which to dock, the ship that FlamingJune1967 is on must not dock at the port which be more convenient or fair to look upon. Lo, the ship must dock at the port which shall cause FlamingJune to walk the farthest or incur the greatest cab fare. It is written."

Flaming's Book of Cruise Law

p. 234

Which cruise lines dock in Havensight? That is definitely my port of choice.

We were at Crown Bay a few weeks ago - just not the same as Havensight. I understand that only Carnival and I think NCL use Havensight now - Celebrity and RCCL us the out of the way Crown Bay.

"If there be two or more ports at which to dock, the ship that FlamingJune1967 is on must not dock at the port which be more convenient or fair to look upon. Lo, the ship must dock at the port which shall cause FlamingJune to walk the farthest or incur the greatest cab fare. It is written."

Flaming's Book of Cruise Law

p. 234

That's our story too.

For years we cruised Celebrity and docked at Havensight.

Then we have cruised HAL the last 5 years and docked at Crown.

Now we are back on Celebrity and they are now at Crown:(

It isn't terrible and traffic is less but I prefer the shopping at Havensight and don't want to give up beach time to make the stop there and get back to Crown.

Oh well first world problems.