Constellation in dry Dock May 2017

Beanb41

12 day Europe cruise in a balcony on deck 6 with the classic drink package and tips and $300 obc for $1350 a person. Tell me how thats expensive.

You're going to the holy land, well right now you are, they can be had for a song sometimes.

Only that I can see it is about to dick in Barcelona in next couple of hours.

I don't know what the process is, but does seem strange that there are no pictures or updates.

At least the ship will be there when we get to Barcelona tomorrow [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seen a post over on social media this evening saying the cruise has been delayed until Sunday and Celebrity will put people up in hotels with transfers until then.

The post says there's been an issue with software that manages the ship's turbine machinery and the ship experienced a limitation to its top speed after it left the dry dock.

If you're on the sailing due to leave Friday check your email.

Seen a post over on social media this evening saying the cruise has been delayed until Sunday and Celebrity will put people up in hotels with transfers until then.

The post says there's been an issue with software that manages the ship's turbine machinery and the ship experienced a limitation to its top speed after it left the dry dock.

My husband and I were booked on that sailing, and then we decided to go in a different direction because we didn't love the itinerary. Now I'm really glad we switched. I feel badly for all the people that are in Barcelona who are going to have to scramble to make hotel arrangements for two more nights.

I think there's also going to be a big issue because of the Grand Prix. That was one of the big draws of the cruise, and quite a few people booked just for that. I know ports are never guaranteed, but Celebrity was really pushing it as the centerpiece of the cruise. It's almost like taking a Mardi Gras cruise that doesn't make it to New Orleans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Feel for those expecting to join the ship tomorrow. Problem is that some pax will already be en-route and are totally unaware of the situation. Wonder whether they will now make the Monaco Grand Prix (I recall some previous posts asking about docking location as they had purchased tickets for the event)?

Feel for those expecting to join the ship tomorrow. Problem is that some pax will already be en-route and are totally unaware of the situation. Wonder whether they will now make the Monaco Grand Prix (I recall some previous posts asking about docking location as they had purchased tickets for the event)?

A copy of the email from Celebrity has been posted to their roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53156373&postcount=317

It will be interesting to see Celebrity manage the situation as the Grand Prix would no doubt have been a major factor for quite a number of people.

Their stop in Monte Carlo was to be Saturday the 27th.

Their stop in Monte Carlo was to be Saturday the 27th.

The original itinerary says Monaco on Saturday and Villefranche on Sunday (with an 11pm departure from each). The GP would have been accessible from Villefranche. :(

That stinks! Hopefully Celebrity will handle logistics and compensation properly for these guests. And likewise, hopefully the inconvienced travelers can "embrace their new adventure" rather than dwelling on a "ruined" cruise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time.

That stinks! Hopefully Celebrity will handle logistics and compensation properly for these guests. And likewise, hopefully the inconvienced travelers can "embrace their new adventure" rather than dwelling on a "ruined" cruise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time.

So far logistics have been appalling. First notice was a vague email late last night, only 12 hours before boarding. No details or instructions were provided, just an international number to call. Which we did but the person at the other end had no idea what was going on.

Just about to board a flight now and we have no idea what to do or where to go when we land. Absolute chaos.

Unfortunately if we don't make it to the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend the cruise will be ruined, it is the only reason we booked this cruise. Will be a waste of money and holiday time.

Things might get better when we land but I won't hold my breath!

Communincation was terrible and the number provided says their office is closed. I received the email at midnight last night and woke up this morning to find it. Now there is no one to contact until their offices open. Utterly ridiculous.

So far logistics have been appalling. First notice was a vague email late last night, only 12 hours before boarding. No details or instructions were provided, just an international number to call. Which we did but the person at the other end had no idea what was going on.

Just about to board a flight now and we have no idea what to do or where to go when we land. Absolute chaos.

Unfortunately if we don't make it to the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend the cruise will be ruined, it is the only reason we booked this cruise. Will be a waste of money and holiday time.

Things might get better when we land but I won't hold my breath!

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. Hopefully it will work out. Will be thinking of you and all the other passengers in limbo. Keep us updated if you can.

Oh, wow. I am so sorry to hear this for all of you booked on this cruise. I am curious to know what they are going to tell you about the Grand Prix.

I hope in the end Celebrity makes this right to the best of their ability and you can still have a wonderful vacation.

Best wishes!

I can only speak for us but celebrity have given us a fair deal for delay and they've told us up front which is good. For the Grand Prix they've said they are trying to arrange a charter flight to Monaco from Barcelona and back for Saturday qualifying, then on Sunday fly us from Barcelona and after the race bus us to genoa to stay the night and then join ship in genoa. Didn't matter whether tickets were celebrity or privately booked. They think around 10% of ship is going to Grand Prix. Case of wait and see, they took names and phone numbers so just waiting for update on Grand Prix. Otherwise in hotel and determined not to let this spoil our vacation. Worse things happen is our attitude and so far it's working. Hope everyone else is sorted by now.

Communincation was terrible and the number provided says their office is closed. I received the email at midnight last night and woke up this morning to find it. Now there is no one to contact until their offices open. Utterly ridiculous.

I got in touch with our Concierge today and got everything squared away. I feel like the compensation was fair and we will still have a great vacation! :)

We still haven't​ had it confirmed as to what our compensation is. We've only tickets to qualifying, not both days so interested to see what they do there.

We don't have the benefit of having a concierge, so are still totally in the dark.

Edited by koopmae

We are making every effort to fully accommodate our guests during this unfortunate delay and to provide compensation for any discomfort or inconvenience this has caused.

We recognize that many have planned this cruise to attend the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco. Our One Touch Team will ensure they are still able to enjoy this historic racing event without interruption – all necessary flights and transfers have been arranged.

While in Barcelona, our staff have planned activities and tours to make the most of their stay.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this unfortunate situation. Nothing is more important to us than the quality and enjoyment of our guests’vacation.

We are making every effort to fully accommodate our guests during this unfortunate delay and to provide compensation for any discomfort or inconvenience this has caused.

We recognize that many have planned this cruise to attend the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco. Our One Touch Team will ensure they are still able to enjoy this historic racing event without interruption – all necessary flights and transfers have been arranged.

While in Barcelona, our staff have planned activities and tours to make the most of their stay.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this unfortunate situation. Nothing is more important to us than the quality and enjoyment of our guests’vacation.

Please let us know the details of getting us to Monaco!

We do realise it's a logistical nightmare, but please could just a round robin email be sent advising what has been done so far, confirm compensation levels, and what the plan is for the GP so that we are no subjected to rumours and Chinese whispers? UK guest being told different to US guests, those with bookings through travel agents being told another and those with a concierge service all being sorted. It's just adding to the discontent and confusion :rolleyes:

We have still not heard any information about plans to get us to the formula 1. Leaving it a bit late for people to make the necessary arrangements if expected to be on a flight first thing in the morning.

As for planned activities we have not seen a Celebrity member of staff since we left the port on a coach over 6 hours ago.

Been on phone again to the US as the UK office are on holiday now (!).

Upshot is the emails have been sent to the hotels, (where X know where you are) to print out the email and give to us, either under the door or otherwise. I have my email as the service rep sent it through. I have asked for the emails to be sent to people's email addresses as well and not rely on the hotels (as one we are in are have made it pretty clear we are not their preferred type of guests). It might be an idea to speak to your respective hotel reception. Below is a copy of the email I have, but I do not know if it is the same info for all people heading Monaco, so please do not rely on it:

We appreciate your patience as we work through the challenges to support the Grand prix. Below is a brief recap of what will happen tomorrow.

Saturday

All independent guests (not in the Omni life group)

Take a cab from your respective hotel - we will reimburse the cost onboard

Go to the BCN airport @ terminal B

Guest needs to be there by 5:30am for a 7:50am flight

Coach transportation from airport to the Grand Prix will be provided

Departure flight is at 9pm and coach pick-up will be arranged and additional information provided in the morning

Guests are required to have their passport, F1 tickets and ONLY a small bag

both the airline and F1 have security restrictions on personal items

Sunday

Guests will be flown from BCN airport in the AM

Once the race is completed they will be met and coached to Genoa

Guests will overnight in a hotel in Genoa and join ship on Monday when it arrives

(please note as we are paying all expenses this does not provide an additional days compensation)

EDITQUOTE