LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Do you know if Giovanni's is open for lunch any day? Sorry that I'm asking so many questions but we leave in 7 days and I'm just so excited.

Don't apologize for asking questions, that's why I'm doing a LIVE report! I totally appreciate your excitement [emoji4]

I'll find out about Giovanni's for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am enjoying all these reports. I will be on the Freedom in May from Barcelona. Your comments are making me excited as I have not been on FOS before. I have been on many Royal ships (elite) but not this one. Thanks for all the info.

Oasis is a few miles ahead of you on it sway from St. Maarten to Port Canaveral.

Celebrity Summit may cross your bow in a bit on its way from St. Maarten to St. Thomas.

Regal Princess is on its way from St. Maarten back to Port Everglades and will most likely be a bit ahead of you all the way back to Florida.

That is it for cruise ships on the move in the area. Azamara Quest is docked in St. Barts. You may be able to see the lights of the island off the starboard side of Freedom. After that the lights of St. Maarten may be way off the starboard side of the ship.

You might be able to see St. Croix way off in the distance off the port side of Freedom. Then the BVI's will be off in the distance on the port side later tonight if Freedom keeps to her anticipated projected course.

That should do it for any sightseeing tonight.:)

Oasis is a few miles ahead of you on it sway from St. Maarten to Port Canaveral.

Celebrity Summit may cross your bow in a bit on its way from St. Maarten to St. Thomas.

Regal Princess is on its way from St. Maarten back to Port Everglades and will most likely be a bit ahead of you all the way back to Florida.

That is it for cruise ships on the move in the area. Azamara Quest is docked in St. Barts. You may be able to see the lights of the island off the starboard side of Freedom. After that the lights of St. Maarten may be way off the starboard side of the ship.

You might be able to see St. Croix way off in the distance off the port side of Freedom. Then the BVI's will be off in the distance on the port side later tonight if Freedom keeps to her anticipated projected course.

You are my human compass.... What would I do without you???? [emoji6]

I am enjoying all these reports. I will be on the Freedom in May from Barcelona. Your comments are making me excited as I have not been on FOS before. I have been on many Royal ships (elite) but not this one. Thanks for all the info.

You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying!

Do you know if Giovanni's is open for lunch any day? Sorry that I'm asking so many questions but we leave in 7 days and I'm just so excited.

Giovanni's is open on select sea days for lunch, although it is suggested that you check with the restaurant directly once onboard [emoji3]

The chocolate breakfast sounds amazing! Do you know if they have those selections every morning or is it on a specific day? Thanks for doing this, it makes the wait a little easier. [emoji57]

Our experience is that the chocolate breakfast is once per cruise.

What site do you use to track the ships like this? It is interesting.

Robyn, I am loving this review. Thank you for sharing your time with us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

MDR menu tonight.....

6b8a16f260d1773300932f3d5fc83d2c.jpg

Here are the changes in the Shiitake menu:

Broiled Salmon removed from the classics menu.

Shrimp Cocktail removed from starters.

Veal Scaloppine Oscar with Crab meat is replaced with the Breaded Pork Chop.

Roasted Rack of Lamb is removed from the menu. Don't like this being gone.

Robyn, great review so far! We're back on the Freedom in a couple weeks on the Western 6-nighter and I'm hoping to do a similar live review (though not as well organized!).

What camera did you say again you're using? These photos have come out really well!

Robyn, great review so far! We're back on the Freedom in a couple weeks on the Western 6-nighter and I'm hoping to do a similar live review (though not as well organized!).

What camera did you say again you're using? These photos have come out really well!

I have to chuckle just a bit [emoji4] I am just using my iPhone 6 for all photos!!

I'll watch for your review!!!

Here are the changes in the Shiitake menu:

Broiled Salmon removed from the classics menu.

Shrimp Cocktail removed from starters.

Veal Scaloppine Oscar with Crab meat is replaced with the Breaded Pork Chop.

Roasted Rack of Lamb is removed from the menu. Don't like this being gone.

I'm not thrilled with the menu changes either [emoji35]

What site do you use to track the ships like this? It is interesting.

Robyn, I am loving this review. Thank you for sharing your time with us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Ocean Boy is a human compass, he doesn't need a website [emoji15]

Thanks for following along, glad you are enjoying the review!! [emoji106]

Our experience is that the chocolate breakfast is once per cruise.

I think you're right (as you always are [emoji106]) our waiter said the chocolate breakfast is once a cruise and it's tomorrow [emoji3]

Hi Robyn[emoji112]🏼

I have a question from my girlfriend. We are following your trip since we are selling in a few weeks onboard the Freedom. Last cruise on the Independence we were not able to find •fresh toasts•at the windjammer during breakfast. By any chance have you seen them during your cruise?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Robyn[emoji112]🏼

I have a question from my girlfriend. We are following your trip since we are selling in a few weeks onboard the Freedom. Last cruise on the Independence we were not able to find •fresh toasts•at the windjammer during breakfast. By any chance have you seen them during your cruise?

Thank you

Are you referring to toast, as in bread toasted, or French toast? I have seen both of them every day in the Windjammer.... Although I always choose a bagel [emoji6]

Edited by ckrobyn

Are you referring to toast, as in bread toasted, or French toast? I have seen both of them every day in the Windjammer.... Although I always choose a bagel [emoji6]

Thank you so much [emoji1376]

Is that an Azamara ship in port too. Sailed on the Quest in march this year and adored her and the crew. Capt Jose and Russ the Entertainment director were amazing as was the rest of the crew. Welcoming you on and off the ship at each port with a class or two of bubbly, cold towels and other refreshments. We sail on freedom next year and I know it will be so different in so many was, some good and some not so good, it's going to be different but I am looking forward to Freedom, there seems to much to do on board.

Is that an Azamara ship in port too. Sailed on the Quest in march this year and adored her and the crew. Capt Jose and Russ the Entertainment director were amazing as was the rest of the crew. Welcoming you on and off the ship at each port with a class or two of bubbly, cold towels and other refreshments. We sail on freedom next year and I know it will be so different in so many was, some good and some not so good, it's going to be different but I am looking forward to Freedom, there seems to much to do on board.

Yes, that definitely was an an Azamara ship in port with us in St. Maarten. I've often wondered about their cruise experience, thanks for sharing yours [emoji3]

I have a feeling you will notice the difference between the two ships, but I can tell you that the crew on the Freedom are really great, which always makes a cruise that much better!