LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

I always love that view of El Morro.

As for med school, the deal with my parents was that I'd go to school and someday they would get to go on cruises.:) Someday is here.:):)

That's awesome! You're a good son [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon everyone! So excited to be broadcasting LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas tomorrow at 6:50PM & 8:50PM Easter Standard Time. Drew Thomas's, "Now You See it".

https://livestream.com/drewthomasmagic/events/6612252

Tune and and enjoy :)

Thanks Drew for the link. I've got it on my calendar! Loved you on AGT and when we saw you on The Freedom 2 years ago.

Looks like a beautiful day in San Juan. We are having downpours here.

The weather was perfect all morning, however once we arrived in San Juan the clouds rolled in...no rain though [emoji3]

Tomorrow you should be in St. Maarten along with Anthem. Have you seen that ship before?

Yes I have, when she first sailed... I believe it was in Port Canaveral, I was on FOS at the time [emoji4]. Did you know we will be docked with Harmony in SXM as well??? It's going to be one busy port!!!! [emoji15]

Yes I have, when she first sailed... I believe it was in Port Canaveral, I was on FOS at the time [emoji4]. Did you know we will be docked with Harmony in SXM as well??? It's going to be one busy port!!!! [emoji15]

From what I can tell there will be 7 ships....

Freedom of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Thompson Discovery

P&O Britannia

Azamara Quest

AIDAluna

Yes, a very busy day and a good day to get a look at some ships.

From what I can tell there will be 7 ships....

Freedom of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Thompson Discovery

P&O Britannia

Azamara Quest

AIDAluna

Yes, a very busy day and a good day to get a look at some ships.

Do you have any recommendations on what to do in St. Maarten? ***think duty free shopping*** [emoji6]

Do you have any recommendations on what to do in St. Maarten? ***think duty free shopping*** [emoji6]

Think surfing the fence at Maho while getting blasted from the exhaust of a 747 taking off at Princess Juliana Airport.:):):)

Today was really great [emoji3]We had wonderful weather all morning and I was able to sit in the sun and swim in the pool.

We arrived in San Juan at about 1PM, and the ship was cleared at 1:30PM for passengers wishing to go ashore.

After a leisurely lunch in the WJ, I left the ship to explore a bit of Old San Juan. Since I have sailed from this port many times, I was mainly interested in a bit of exercise and a little window shopping.....I've spent a lot of pre and post cruise in SJ and it's a place that I really like [emoji3].

I met up with a few of my friends and we paid a visit to Senor Frogs [emoji481].

It was dark when we headed back to our ship, which looked ominous to us as we approached.....

0652360006a8f84e332d0ce7e30734f4.jpg

I'm all showered and ready to pay a visit to the Diamond Lounge for a few cocktails before dinner. I'm enjoying sitting in the VCL as the overflow lounge [emoji4]

Tonight we will dine in the MDR, and of course I will post the menu and maybe a few food pics too....

Tonight's entertainer is a hypnotist - Matthew Fallon, which we will see at 10:15PM. I saw his show on the Adventure in February and it was really good!

More later......

Please let us know if sushi is available without an additional charge either in the MDR or in the WJ.

Sushi is available in the Jade section of the WJ at dinner only. There is no sushi in the MDR. You can order sushi from Izumi to go at the Cafe Promenade

..7193a0bdd8d60f74ab80143f9b8755ee.jpg

Edited by ckrobyn

Hey Robyn,

Let us know if Luggage Valet is available when you disembark. We weren't able to use it the week before on FOS. They gave a vague reason that didn't make sense when I asked. Thanks.

I'm not eligible for luggage valet so who can I ask if it is available? I've personally never been on an airline that uses it. I usually fly Air Canada or another Canadian based airline.

I'm not eligible for luggage valet so who can I ask if it is available? I've personally never been on an airline that uses it. I usually fly Air Canada or another Canadian based airline.

Guest Services would be my suggestion....

Hi,

I have only cruised on RCCL once and am looking forward to going on Freedom in March. How different is the WJ lunch menu vs the dinner menu? We enjoyed the MDR on our last cruise but am not crazy about what we are seeing for their new menus.

Thanks!

Actually pretty different. Dinner last night was many of the same MDR items, as well as a carvery and a stirfry station. Lunch is mainly stews, a fish item or two, pasta, salad and the usual hot dogs and hamburgers. There is no pizza available in the WJ. I wouldn't hesitate to have dinner in the WJ any day of the week. I was pleasantly surprised last night.

Thanks for the info! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary on Freedom in February.

Congratulations! My husband and I also celebrated 20 years on here in 2015 [emoji4]