LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

We had so much fun on the ship in March. Have you been to Vintages yet. We went there every night. Lovely was our favorite bartender and her counterpart who we nicknamed Handsome were great. Tell her bernadette, Colleen and Ita said hello.

Sorry , one more question. Where was your muster station at. We have a group that will be in your cabin and 2 of the JS next to you. Thanks, Enjoy your trip.

Our muster was deck 4 just outside the dining room # B19

21e0dfa4b182924f62a758ff2b9294a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you uncorked that bottle of champagne that i saw in one of your pictures?

What time is arrival in Labadee tomorrow? Be careful someone on another thread was writing about jellyfish stings that they recently got there. Yup, always looking out for my Canadian friend.:)

Actually, that bottle of bubbly you saw was one of 2 placed in my cabin. I know where 1 came from, but the other is a mystery [emoji15]

I can assure you that both will be uncorked and enjoyed during the next 7 nights....

JELLYFISH?!??? Say it isn't so??? I'll be extra careful.... Thanks for the warning......it's good to have friends looking out for me [emoji6]

We had so much fun on the ship in March. Have you been to Vintages yet. We went there every night. Lovely was our favorite bartender and her counterpart who we nicknamed Handsome were great. Tell her bernadette, Colleen and Ita said hello.

I haven't been to Vintages yet, but I'm sure I will [emoji4][emoji485]and I'll look for Lovely, and Handsome too - sounds like he won't be hard to find?!??

I just got of Nov 4 with a friend in the RFS and going back on Nov 20th with my family. The CL lounge was over crowded and couldn't find a seat before dinner. Has it been crowded this week? We ended going up to the Diamond Lounge which had overflow seating outside in the Viking Crown which was nice.

Your review is making the anticipation worse.:)

Vincent is my stateroom attendant, and I will say hi to him for you [emoji4].

Bad weather on a cruise is tough to take, but I'll take it over a day in the office! So far our weather has been great ☀️

That's cool. Ask him if he got to enjoy his wine. We had a bottle, unopened that we bought in Fla, that we gave him. We did not want to cart it back to TO on the plane.

Glad you are having great weather. I agree about taking the bad on a cruise over a day in the office. :)

There is a very nice girl that works at the Ports of Call desk. She is from Richmond Hill. I can't remember her name-?M..... She was excited to meet someone from close to her home. I think it was Major Mac and Leslie St. area.

I was amazed that on a ship with so many people that we met quite a few from Ontario. Enjoy your cruise, and if you want to bring some sunshine and warmth home with you it would be wonderful. :D

I just got of Nov 4 with a friend in the RFS and going back on Nov 20th with my family. The CL lounge was over crowded and couldn't find a seat before dinner. Has it been crowded this week? We ended going up to the Diamond Lounge which had overflow seating outside in the Viking Crown which was nice.

Your review is making the anticipation worse.:)

Your post is timely, we are sitting in the VCL right now because the DL is so flippin' crowded!! I'm okay with it, we've met some nice people and we are enjoying great conversation and a few drinks [emoji1]

We are sailing in March so following. I am not happy with some of the changes that I see on the menu since our last cruise for the Moho selection.

Starters: no Escargots and no Shrimp Cocktail. Main Courses: no Prime Rib...replaced with Slow-Roasted Beef Striploin. Classics: no Manhattan Strip Steak. Desserts are all the same.

The Escargot and Shrimp Cocktail would be our primary selections. Not much left except I believe I remember the Smoked Fish Rillettes being pretty good. I hate that the Prime Rib is gone. The Strip Steak was a decent choice (remembering that it is cruise ship food)...as this was my son's go-to when there was nothing else on the menu that he liked. I hate to see it go as I would usually have at least one night as well.

Please keep posting the menus for each night as I would really like to compare what is still available.

Thanks

I was just thinking the same thing. My DD(12) is not going to like the fact that her steak is gone. I will miss my daily shrimp cocktail.

I'm not liking these new menu's. The only thing "new" about them is the fact they have removed all of the good dinner options [emoji35].

I always have the filet of beef on the first formal night, and it's disappeared along with the pepper grinders (but that's a whole other thread lol!)

I'm not a foodie, but because I cruise a lot, I know when something I usually enjoy is missing. They replaced the filet of beef with a sub par strip loin steak.

I can't seem to upload a menu picture at the moment, however I'll try again later along with a shot of the Day 2 compass.

I'm on my way to the adult late night comedy [emoji3]

I was just thinking the same thing. My DD(12) is not going to like the fact that her steak is gone. I will miss my daily shrimp cocktail.

Shrimp cocktail and the steak were my nightly routine at the MDR. They are basically forcing people to skip the MDR and to purchase speciality package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tomorrow we are in Labadee, and the forecast is for mostly sun and 88 degrees....I will take it! We will be heading ashore at about 9A.M to spend a relaxing day at Columbus Cove. There will be pictures later in the day ☀️

Thanks so much for the info on Giovanni's and your thoughts on the new menu. We had heard from my dd's friends that they were not really happy with the MDR on their Freedom cruise 2 weeks ago. We are considering the 5 night dining package at this point. I AM sad about the filet in Gio's but I will live. We were really turned off by both food and service in Chops on our last Freedom cruise but maybe it has improved.