LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Good morning everyone! Nothing quite like a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed, after a long day of travel. I managed to get to bed early, and woke up at about 5AM. I will have to wait until 6:30AM for Starbucks to open, then my day can really begin [emoji4].

The sunrise is beautiful, and happening very quickly. Looks like it will be another picture perfect weather day in Fort Lauderdale...

590088d17999e1f993de1b20828a0bf9.jpg

I can finally say I'm going on a cruise....tomorrow! After many months of planning, and a very large and active roll call, I am boarding the Freedom tomorrow ️. There are many Cruise Critic events planned through our roll call including, an informal meet up at the pool bar after muster, a cabin crawl, a slot pull with over 85 participants, and a wine tasting event. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Good morning Fort Lauderdale!4ccad9df0a04561e2622f53fa065c1ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving your review already! We stayed at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach and really enjoyed it as well. The Marriott BeachPlace Towers is also a fantastic hotel. It's so much fun going to The Rock Bar for those Giant Margarita"s .:D We sail Freedom in December and can't wait!....Have a great time!

Loving your review already! We stayed at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach and really enjoyed it as well. The Marriott BeachPlace Towers is also a fantastic hotel. It's so much fun going to The Rock Bar for those Giant Margarita"s .:D We sail Freedom in December and can't wait!....Have a great time!

Our friends are at the Beachplace Towers, and we walked by the Rock Bar yesterday on our way to meet them - looked like a great place, we may have to check it out tonight!

Good morning from one of Robyn's cronies at the Marriott BeachPlace Towers! We are really enjoying our stay here and love how convenient it is to everything. There is a CVS downstairs![emoji2]

Here are some pictures of the pool and the view from this morning.

c40a77b9e6946691a314591dd88f85ba.jpg82588bbe620860e7f609e9dce83b43d5.jpg

We went to Lulu's bait shack for dinner last night which is also downstairs. It has a Cajun inspired menu and was very good. I had taco salad with blackened chicken. Very reasonable. The bill without drinks was $20 for 2. [emoji322]

3f595b1e68200a41bd5858eb6011d810.jpg74a4ff469efe48c5fff20a9b7b922ff1.jpg

Thanks Shar27, (she's my BFF) I'm glad you poked your nose in here, and thanks for posting updates on the Beachplace Towers and those great photos! Looking forward to more posts from you!! [emoji106][emoji41]

Edited by ckrobyn

Overall, I am pleased with this Marriott, however if I had to point out one thing, it would be that the pool is really small and doesn't lend itself to lounging around all day....

Breakfast was great, here is what we enjoyed at the Bistro on the main level of the hotel

643d8dbc63575f07ecaddf52da633691.jpg

73c93636a6101dbfd645281033940c69.jpg

We are off to catch the Water Taxi soon. Here are the stops

24f52eb35236f6b91e30c0ac38635927.jpg

Looking forward to a day of exploring, shopping and eating [emoji41], and maybe a drink or two.....

Robyn,

Thanks for doing this. We are on the 8 day in March so we are excited to see how your cruise goes and what the timing of everything ends up being.

We are looking to grab some dinner in San Juan on Tuesday night because of the late departure. Will be interesting to see how you use the time. Also to see what we would be missing out on the ship on Tuesday night if we get back around 8 or so.

Have a great departure. Love that you take lots of pictures!!!

I know its a big ask but if you can grab a cruise compass for each day we would all love to see it!

-Sean

Robyn,

Thanks for doing this. We are on the 8 day in March so we are excited to see how your cruise goes and what the timing of everything ends up being.

We are looking to grab some dinner in San Juan on Tuesday night because of the late departure. Will be interesting to see how you use the time. Also to see what we would be missing out on the ship on Tuesday night if we get back around 8 or so.

Have a great departure. Love that you take lots of pictures!!!

I know its a big ask but if you can grab a cruise compass for each day we would all love to see it!

-Sean

I'll try and post the compass for you[emoji2], but if I can't you will at least know when all the main activities and entertainment are taking place.

Thanks for following!!

Today was a really great day in Fort Lauderdale. If you are planning to visit the area for vacation or pre-post cruise, I highly recommend purchasing water taxi tickets, it was well worth the price of admission $26. We enjoyed a day touring around the inter coastal and hopping off for a few hours at the Galleria - we are 4 women, so it had to happen [emoji849]lol.

The weather was absolutely perfect, and while we were enjoying the water taxi, there was running commentary on the homes (think estates!) on millionaires row. It was mind boggling to see these massive homes with massive yachts literally docked outside the front door!

So tomorrow is the day we are all waiting for....in fact my ship (okay, I'll share it) is on her way back to Port Everglades to pick me up (okay, 3000 other passengers too)! There is nothing quite like going to sleep knowing you are boarding a cruise ship the very next day!

I've just returned to my hotel, and I'll spend a bit of time reorganizing my suitcase, and packing what I'll need for Day 1 on the ship. I'm hoping for luggage delivery before dinner, we have the late seating, but in case it doesn't arrive I will have some fresh clothes to wear to the dining room. I made a table request in advance, and I received an email back with a schematic of the dining room and exactly where my table is located. We requested a 10 top, deck 4, mid-dining room by the window. I've made some great cruise friends in the MDR, so we are looking forward to meeting new table mates tomorrow night.

I will be posting a lot tomorrow, so be sure to check back often [emoji3]

Thanks for following along! ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!

Robyn, waving goodnight to you from the Hyatt Convention Centre. Tomorrow I will wave goodbye to you from Harmony. The funny thing is we are thousands of kms away from home but blocks away from each other here.

Have an amazing cruise on Freedom.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Robyn, waving goodnight to you from the Hyatt Convention Centre. Tomorrow I will wave goodbye to you from Harmony. The funny thing is we are thousands of kms away from home but blocks away from each other here.

Have an amazing cruise on Freedom.

Andrew

Hey Andrew! I'm following your thread too!! It's crazy, there are at least 3 LIVE reports going on this week, lol I kinda wish I was at home reading them all [emoji3]

Have a super cruise! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Harmony!

Bon Voyage!

Enjoy your FR cruise Robyn. Glad you are doing a LIVE review. Bertie is in the CL as Rahul is on vacation until Dec. 4. Carlington Berry is in the DL.

Thanks Sherri, I'm always super excited to sail on the Freedom!

That's what I said for my NCL [emoji15] Cruise tomorrow..... 1 more sleep!

I feel like I am cheating on RCL.... but I will never get to pinnacle....so try new things.

Have a great time! Hopefully we will sail together again one day!![emoji2]

Good Morning, and welcome to Day 1 of LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas!! I woke up this morning just in time to see this beautiful sunrise while still in bed

09db593e28d30caf6d0bb7a85563b8ab.jpg

One of these ships is Freedom.....

5e2495d20913672c7d0b9c1925111049.jpg

5c9d148745216765629a5f8a79a6544a.jpg

I've just enjoyed a Starbucks and now it's time to start my day ☀️ The weather forecast for Fort Lauderdale today is early 80's and sunny - it should be a wonderful sailaway later this afternoon!

We are heading to the port by taxi around 9:45AM. We will have a wait at the terminal, but I'm so excited I am totally good with that! It's crazy....this is my 30th Royal Caribbean cruise, and the intense excitement on boarding day just never gets old [emoji4]

Edited by ckrobyn

... The weather forecast for Fort Lauderdale today is early 80's and sunny - it should be a wonderful sailaway later this afternoon! ...

Bon Voyage Robyn! We had our first freeze of the season last night, so I'm especially jealous right now.