LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

We are heading to the port by taxi around 9:45AM. We will have a wait at the terminal, but I'm so excited I am totally good with that! It's crazy....this is my 30th Royal Caribbean cruise, and the intense excitement on boarding day just never gets old [emoji4]

I love that embarkation day feeling! Getting to port early, seeing the ship, even unpacking once in the stateroom. The first boat drink (along with the mandatory photo of it posted to social media :p ). It all has such a satisfying and relaxing feeling for us.

Edited by Wolfhunt

We're here!!!eda36ad410026d79f9b925e1b03827a2.jpg

The first glimpse of the ship always makes my heart beat a little faster!

33055d9ccd8a13aa61ef473b17727e48.jpg

In case anyone was wondering which terminal?!?!

Also, leave this Samsung at home [emoji15]

2b7e3952e9bfe592bf54022813073aa6.jpg

Check in was fast! We arrived at 10AM, dropped our luggage, went through security, checked in and we are now seated and waiting for those doors to open and it's only 10:45AM! [emoji106]

There is no specific waiting area for suites and Diamond Plus, just in case anyone was wondering.....the terminal is being renovated so I suspect there will be one of these days!

I'll post as soon as I am onboard!!! ️[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was a really great day in Fort Lauderdale. If you are planning to visit the area for vacation or pre-post cruise, I highly recommend purchasing water taxi tickets, it was well worth the price of admission $26. We enjoyed a day touring around the inter coastal and hopping off for a few hours at the Galleria - we are 4 women, so it had to happen [emoji849]lol.

The weather was absolutely perfect, and while we were enjoying the water taxi, there was running commentary on the homes (think estates!) on millionaires row. It was mind boggling to see these massive homes with massive yachts literally docked outside the front door!

Bought a groupon for the watertaxi so I am glad you had a great time. Doing it pre-cruise with DD and MIL while we wait for DH and DD to arrive in Ft Lauderdale later that night.

Please post some compasses if you can especially at sea days. We are going in Jan for DD 18th.

Today was a really great day in Fort Lauderdale. If you are planning to visit the area for vacation or pre-post cruise, I highly recommend purchasing water taxi tickets, it was well worth the price of admission $26. We enjoyed a day touring around the inter coastal and hopping off for a few hours at the Galleria - we are 4 women, so it had to happen [emoji849]lol.

The weather was absolutely perfect, and while we were enjoying the water taxi, there was running commentary on the homes (think estates!) on millionaires row. It was mind boggling to see these massive homes with massive yachts literally docked outside the front door!

So tomorrow is the day we are all waiting for....in fact my ship (okay, I'll share it) is on her way back to Port Everglades to pick me up (okay, 3000 other passengers too)! There is nothing quite like going to sleep knowing you are boarding a cruise ship the very next day!

I've just returned to my hotel, and I'll spend a bit of time reorganizing my suitcase, and packing what I'll need for Day 1 on the ship. I'm hoping for luggage delivery before dinner, we have the late seating, but in case it doesn't arrive I will have some fresh clothes to wear to the dining room. I made a table request in advance, and I received an email back with a schematic of the dining room and exactly where my table is located. We requested a 10 top, deck 4, mid-dining room by the window. I've made some great cruise friends in the MDR, so we are looking forward to meeting new table mates tomorrow night.

I will be posting a lot tomorrow, so be sure to check back often [emoji3]

Thanks for following along! ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!

we took the water taxi tour last year. It was well worth the price. Lots to see and after a busy cruise it was a good way to relax

Hi everyone! We made it onboard at about 12:45pm due to immigration delays. I really didn't mind the wait, there were so many other excited passengers we were all very busy chatting with each other!

The one good thing about boarding later is we basically went straight to our cabins - mine is 9342 which is a center hump and the location is perfect

dec3b2e7aa32f9953d6e540781a569be.jpg

After dropping off my carry on and putting wallets and passport in the safe, it was off to the Windjammer for lunch. While the food was quite good, I really missed the honey stung chicken as well as the paella, which are two traditional boarding day items [emoji52]. The honey stung is on the room service menu, so there is no doubt I will enjoy it over the next 8 days!

Here are a few pics from around the ship

4a4eafbc21cb53592bf9d55e523dce70.jpg

The Freedom proudly serves Starbucks at the Cafe Promenade

9ceb0d18b1df270ade9fb637ca541fa2.jpg

I enjoyed my first frozen caramel macchiato

bdbf928d42fed83d074b0319741bb5e2.jpg

I purchased the Royal Replenish package, and I plan on enjoying a variety of beverages over the course of the week. I'll pay for the odd alcoholic drink during the day, and of course I'll have a few sips of something in the Diamond Lounge each evening [emoji6]

I purchased the unlimited internet package for 1 device, and I'm looking forward to VOOM speed!

Here are a few more pics from around the ship

a5872e8e313b5d7b0beaf1a3a57a8f42.jpg

I love the Freedom class cantilevered hot tubs

09932db65eb9dd1c47c39d55db9ae534.jpg

Here's the adult only Solarium Pool, I plan to spend some time here in the sun ☀️

7299c37b250738e21ab16d0c10d8d56f.jpg

The Cafe Promenade offerings look yummy

99775c70a88b0a44d3283861f82e7499.jpg

More later!!

Still haven't departed at 6:37

Delayed departure due to delayed embarkation and now as I type this there is an announcement that we are further delayed due to a medical situation. We are scheduled to leave at 8:00PM now [emoji15]

I have the same room in the spring!!! Let me know how the bed is!? 2 years ago the bed I had was too hard for me!!

I guess I must have prayed hard enough to the mattress Gods, because my bed has an EGG CRATE TOPPER!!!!

I brought my own mattress pad, but looks like I won't need it [emoji106][emoji4].

You'll love the cabin, the location is perfect and the balcony view is amazing!