LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Where am I? [emoji6]

22e26389afa7cbde5a60abe02586e75e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I didn't end up in any of the Quest pictures you posted online. Really enjoyed reading your review. Found it interesting that there wasn't much interaction between Tresha and Casey. Safe journeys, I'm sure our paths will cross again on future sailings.

What ship was your first cruise, and when? I'll either confirm or deny [emoji6]

It was a warm sunny February day on the coast of Cape Canaveral. The 8th day of the month as I recall. 2015 was bound to be a great year and as we drove up to the port, there she was. Majestic in stature, freshly painted and refurbished, the Freedom of the Seas...

Thanks, you too!

Now I have to go read your amazing review [emoji106][emoji41]

It was pretty cool following his review and yours at the same time from two ships docked at the same port. You were both posting pics of the ships all docked together from different perspectives.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, there were mixed feelings about the food experience in the MDR these past weeks, some good, some fair, and some not to be eaten comments. However, no one starved!

To those that will be cruising on FOS the next weeks of November , and early December, would you please take a moment of your valuable time to post your thoughts on the food choices. We are sailing December 18th celebrating our 61st anniversary and have been following Robyn;s wonderful blog and photos with pleasure.

Thanks and have a wonderful Thanksgiving to ALL.

The Kids

Thanks for your fantastic "LIVE" It was wonderful, and I wish I was in the Caribbean now :)

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio - as always I had a lot of fun doing it :) It is snowing here, so I wish I was back there now too!!

If looking for info on the Marriott in St. Kitts, we were there two weeks ago. It is/was still early in their season so we almost had the beach to ourselves. The sand is soft and clean, and chairs are comfy and nice. We had a great day relaxing. The water wasn't as clear/pretty as it was on other areas of the island, but it was great just to sit and relax. Had a nice breeze all day and it was wonderful. Short taxi ride from the port. I'd recommend if looking for a beach day away from the crowds.

Thank you Alicia!! I am getting married on the beach there Dec. 15th so my fiancé and I look for any info we can find hahaha. Really though it will be an amazing day no matter what.....can't beat an 8 day cruise with a wedding in the middle of it!!:D Love that it may not be crowded and that the sand was nice. Take care, Jim

While I didn't order it, everyone loved the Garlic soup, and there was a dumpling entree one night which was very good but order a double portion. I had the half chicken one night and the turkey dinner another. Both were good, but I like gravy so I asked for extra. I also liked the pasta with the short rib sauce. There was also a seafood ravioli which everyone enjoyed. The one entree that was a disappointment both times we ordered it was the strip loin steak. It was on the menu two different nights under 2 different names, but it was the same both times.

Thanks Robyn for this wonderful trip report. We are taking our fist cruise and my parents are joining us on the November 26 freedom of the seas trip. Same plan as the one you just got off of. Looking at the daily planer it seems you will not be board. The food reviews good to know.

Thanks Robyn for this wonderful trip report. We are taking our fist cruise and my parents are joining us on the November 26 freedom of the seas trip. Same plan as the one you just got off of. Looking at the daily planer it seems you will not be board. The food reviews good to know.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise! Enjoy [emoji41][emoji106]

While I didn't order it, everyone loved the Garlic soup, and there was a dumpling entree one night which was very good but order a double portion. I had the half chicken one night and the turkey dinner another. Both were good, but I like gravy so I asked for extra. I also liked the pasta with the short rib sauce. There was also a seafood ravioli which everyone enjoyed. The one entree that was a disappointment both times we ordered it was the strip loin steak. It was on the menu two different nights under 2 different names, but it was the same both times.

I also ordered it the first time it was offered and after one bite, I pushed the plate away. They really need to bring back the prime rib [emoji35][emoji35]

Thanks Robyn for such an awesome report/review of FOS. My DW & I will be joining many of your followers on the 11/26/16 sailing this Saturday. Just found your thread today and read thru all 30 pages :eek::D

I see there are a couple of followers who are on this thread but haven't posted on the roll call for the 11/26 sailing. Sure hope y'all signed up for the M&M, the more the merrier :cool:

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I hope that those of you who have been dissatisfied with the food quality will be contacting RCI and letting them know. Are other ships with this menu having as many complaints as Freedom?

I filled out my survey yesterday and included an additional few paragraphs on my experience with the MDR food selection and quality. Hopefully they listen.... but I am just one voice [emoji52]

For those sailing soon, go and have a fantastic cruise! Food is just one aspect of your experience and trust me, there is always something to eat, it's just this time those somethings are mainly in the Windjammer.

Hi Robyn! Just got time to sit down and read your review after getting back from Epic. Looks like you had a great time and I really enjoyed reading this thread. It makes me miss Freedom here at PC!

You will be on Oasis a month before us because Paul and I are going June 4th with a bunch of family. 193 more sleeps for me!

Take care and thanks for the review.😊🚢