LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Hi Robyn! Just got time to sit down and read your review after getting back from Epic. Looks like you had a great time and I really enjoyed reading this thread. It makes me miss Freedom here at PC!

You will be on Oasis a month before us because Paul and I are going June 4th with a bunch of family. 193 more sleeps for me!

Take care and thanks for the review.[emoji4][emoji568]

We had a fantastic cruise! I'm now counting down to February when I get to do it all over again on Freedom! [emoji106]

We will miss each other by a month on Oasis! One of these days our cruising paths will cross [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As D+, there is usually a plate of petit fours on formal night (yesterday), but there wasn't. I think they got their days mixed up....it was delivered this afternoon....

8fba975117eea5e84c50446c7c81f7da.jpg

I also received the Crown and Anchor free gift I ordered, today, because you can just never have enough towels.....

50e1fd1e65923d83c4ab3f081aa7e257.jpg

You mentioned you had to order your free gift. If so how?

Thanks have over two months to go so will keep a check

Was able to book BOGO tonight for Specialty dining for $30/person-not a bad deal. One dinner first night and other TBD-tip is included in the price

Edited by LPut714

I came to this party late but glad I stayed to read every awesome word of your review. Few seasoned cruisers such as yourself exhibit such wonderful excitement and anticipation, such pure happiness being on a cruise.

Looking forward to your next one!

I MUST get myself out of dry-dock and on another cruise soon.

BTW I think I remember your first cruise review. Radiance?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I came to this party late but glad I stayed to read every awesome word of your review. Few seasoned cruisers such as yourself exhibit such wonderful excitement and anticipation, such pure happiness being on a cruise.

Looking forward to your next one!

I MUST get myself out of dry-dock and on another cruise soon.

BTW I think I remember your first cruise review. Radiance?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Wow!!! I'm so glad you stopped by!!! Yes you are right, my very first cruise was on the Radiance [emoji3]

Thanks for your kind comments!!

Good idea to take yourself outta drydock and hit the high seas again - why don't you join us on Girls Cruise 2017?? [emoji106]

Good stuff, Robyn. Thanks for taking time to share your experience. It was great reliving the cruise through your posts.

For those interested, I thought the coffee in Windjammer was a bit weak. MDR coffee wasn't too bad, but Cafe Promenade had the best coffee on board.. and that includes Starbucks, IMHO.

For those of us with food allergies, crew in both the Windjammer and the MDR went above and beyond to meet our needs. Three separate nights, when the MDR menu offered nothing I was interested in (or could eat), my waiter arranged for the chef to prepare something special for me. One night, it was salmon even though salmon wasn't on the menu that night. He also arranged a couple souffle deserts that were downright yummy. And a simple request to any Windjammer chef netted me gluten-free pancakes or french toast every breakfast. So while it seems the quality may have slipped recently, it isn't all bad news. This first-time cruiser found plenty to eat.

Now the research starts to identify our next cruise. I'm anxious to see how many sleeps it'll end up being.

Good stuff, Robyn. Thanks for taking time to share your experience. It was great reliving the cruise through your posts.

For those interested, I thought the coffee in Windjammer was a bit weak. MDR coffee wasn't too bad, but Cafe Promenade had the best coffee on board.. and that includes Starbucks, IMHO.

For those of us with food allergies, crew in both the Windjammer and the MDR went above and beyond to meet our needs. Three separate nights, when the MDR menu offered nothing I was interested in (or could eat), my waiter arranged for the chef to prepare something special for me. One night, it was salmon even though salmon wasn't on the menu that night. He also arranged a couple souffle deserts that were downright yummy. And a simple request to any Windjammer chef netted me gluten-free pancakes or french toast every breakfast. So while it seems the quality may have slipped recently, it isn't all bad news. This first-time cruiser found plenty to eat.

Now the research starts to identify our next cruise. I'm anxious to see how many sleeps it'll end up being.

Hopefully not too many sleeps! Glad you enjoyed re-living the cruise! :D

Hi all! I was on this cruise, too, first time on a Freedom class ship, we loved it!! I agree about the food, but as others have said, that's only one aspect of the cruise experience! I like the MDR experience, like to dress up a little, and be waited on. We had great tablemates, and the best waitstaff team!

We loved the entertainment and rated it far above our experiences on Carnival! Highlights for us were a live orchestra (two jazz sets, our favs!), great band in the Bolaras, great music related games, singing and dancing shows were good, headliners were fabulous... but our most favorite place to be entertained was at the Schooner when Andy was playing the piano! He was wonderful, took requests (and knew every song requested), played a lot of the kids do of music we love.

We don't get to cruise often, and feel that we definitely picked the right ship! Our cabin steward was wonderful (Willy), too! We talked with him quite a bit, as he is from my husband's native country, he took excellent care of us!

In closing I just want to say that every RCCL employee we encountered spoke to us, seemed happy to be there, and helped to make our vacation one to remember! Thnx Robyn for the live review as we cruised, and I just read every word, and agree with your summation !

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hi all! I was on this cruise, too, first time on a Freedom class ship, we loved it!! I agree about the food, but as others have said, that's only one aspect of the cruise experience! I like the MDR experience, like to dress up a little, and be waited on. We had great tablemates, and the best waitstaff team!

In closing I just want to say that every RCCL employee we encountered spoke to us, seemed happy to be there, and helped to make our vacation one to remember! Thnx Robyn for the live review as we cruised, and I just read every word, and agree with your summation !

Glad to know that you too enjoyed your cruise like Robyn. Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! I'm very excited to be sailing on the Freedom again as it is definitely a favorite of mine [emoji106]

This cruise will take us to Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I have plans for most of these ports, and will be reporting on my day at each of them complete with commentary and pictures. Our cruise also has 3 sea days and I am looking forward to relaxing by the pool and enjoying everything Freedom has to offer. I will be posting often, and uploading pictures of the ship as long as the Internet is reliable. Feel free to ask questions as I do scroll back and try to answer all of them!

I'm cruising with 3 friends this time, in fact it's our 10th annual Girls Cruise which means no DH's and no kids [emoji483]Just 4 women on the high seas (okay hopefully not too high). I'm sailing solo in a D2 balcony on deck 9, and the view should be amazing as it is a center hump.

I have just checked in to my pre-cruise hotel, the Toronto Airport Marriott, it's a full service Marriott that I have stayed in many times. I will be receiving a wake up call at 3A.M, and our flight to Fort Lauderdale is at 6A.M ✈️

I will be spending 2 nights at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach in a fantastic corner ocean view room

e0022a5dfd32e3a41de1c787851c4650.jpg

The weather forecast in Fort Lauderdale is calling for sunny skies and temps in the 80's.

☀️

Looking forward to sharing my cruise adventures with you!

Robyn,

I can get a standard room at the Marriott for a 212 plus tax. Do you remember if they have a self laundry? Thanks

Cindy

Robyn,

I can get a standard room at the Marriott for a 212 plus tax. Do you remember if they have a self laundry? Thanks

Cindy

Hey Cindy, yes they do have guest laundry [emoji106]

Appreciate you sharing your cruise with us, ckrobyn! Am boarding Freedom Sunday and looking forward to a return to Royal (haven't sailed with them in over 10 years).

Was surprised to hear the food's not what I remember, but I bought in to the BOGO specialty dining, so I'm sure I'll survive. And am glad to hear that WJ is a good alternative.

I read your posts and scanned the Cruise Compass photos you posted... doesn't look like they offer much for singles onboard, but I'm hoping I just missed seeing what might be there.

Thanks again -- you went above and beyond with this live review!

Appreciate you sharing your cruise with us, ckrobyn! Am boarding Freedom Sunday and looking forward to a return to Royal (haven't sailed with them in over 10 years).

Was surprised to hear the food's not what I remember, but I bought in to the BOGO specialty dining, so I'm sure I'll survive. And am glad to hear that WJ is a good alternative.

I read your posts and scanned the Cruise Compass photos you posted... doesn't look like they offer much for singles onboard, but I'm hoping I just missed seeing what might be there.

Thanks again -- you went above and beyond with this live review!

Glad you enjoyed the LIVE review and so excited for your upcoming cruise! The last few days before boarding are really the most exciting :D I do recall seeing a few singles events listed in the compass, but I can't be totally sure?!

Food is subjective, but after 30 cruises on Royal I felt in a position to weigh in on the quality and variety. Like I said in a previous post, the food isn't terrible, it's just not up to what should be a higher standard for RCI.

I'm onboard Freedom again in February and we are also taking advantage of the BOGO for the first 2 nights.

Have a super cruise - and try to get to the Port early, it's an awful terminal :(

Glad you enjoyed the LIVE review and so excited for your upcoming cruise! The last few days before boarding are really the most exciting :D I do recall seeing a few singles events listed in the compass, but I can't be totally sure?!

Food is subjective, but after 30 cruises on Royal I felt in a position to weigh in on the quality and variety. Like I said in a previous post, the food isn't terrible, it's just not up to what should be a higher standard for RCI.

I'm onboard Freedom again in February and we are also taking advantage of the BOGO for the first 2 nights.

Have a super cruise - and try to get to the Port early, it's an awful terminal :(

Food is like art: you like what you like, eh? I really don't like food on Holland, but I'll sail them to Alaska because I think their itineraries are better.

Am smh at your terminal comment though. This will be my cabinmate's 3rd cruise. She's sailed from Miami and New Orleans and hated the terminals so we're trying Ft Lauderdale for her...I honestly have not had a bad enough experience to worry about the terminal...and I'm not telling her you said this til we're onboard :-}

Dining room menu tonight

dc6aaa3dda963eefac7f083986b62cb7.jpg

I had the tiger shrimp and it was excellent. Sorry no picture....ate it too fast [emoji15]

Is the menu the similar on other ships? It's my first cruise in January on Legend of the seas

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Food is like art: you like what you like, eh? I really don't like food on Holland, but I'll sail them to Alaska because I think their itineraries are better.

Am smh at your terminal comment though. This will be my cabinmate's 3rd cruise. She's sailed from Miami and New Orleans and hated the terminals so we're trying Ft Lauderdale for her...I honestly have not had a bad enough experience to worry about the terminal...and I'm not telling her you said this til we're onboard :-}

I was on the sailing after Robyn and have to say the terminal process was much improved. Part of the problem is they have all new employees. Security had to ask how to know if someone is in the Priority Line based on their set sail. I do think they try to get you on really quick and the first sailing was a learning curve.