Best Months For Caribbean Cruises

Jamericannn

I think late April and May are the best months to cruise to the Caribbean because the weather is not too hot or "cold". The water in the pools should be great as well. Also, it is before the hurricane season which usually brings a lot of rains. No one wants to have rain falling on sea days or when they are at the beach.

What are your favorite months to cruise the Caribbean and why?

all of them, the Caribbean's year round temperature is pretty much 80-85, so not quite sure about the "cold" part. As a diver, the summer months water temp is mid 80's, winter water temp low 80's, which is cold for a whimp like me. Winter is nice as we are leaving cold Colorado for the Caribbean. Fall offers some great pricing because of the tenuous weather. Any month cruising is a good month

all of them, the Caribbean's year round temperature is pretty much 80-85, so not quite sure about the "cold" part. As a diver, the summer months water temp is mid 80's, winter water temp low 80's, which is cold for a whimp like me. Winter is nice as we are leaving cold Colorado for the Caribbean. Fall offers some great pricing because of the tenuous weather. Any month cruising is a good month

That's mostly true about the temperature. However, July and August are a lot more humid than December.

So we always cruised with kids during vacations and breaks revolving around their schedules in the past which meant spring or fall break and summer month. However now it's just the 2 of us, so we have been able to try all times of the year, and have been surprised at the temps. Don't really care for Aug-Oct due to hurricane season, (have tried 2 times and not successful), but Nov-Dec have really turned out great and depending on how far south your traveling in the carribbean, the waters are very warm. Actually weather was nicer than early spring temps, when the water is warming up from the colder winter months. But that's just been our experience, and we were quite surprised and love this time of the year. It's nice to get away right before the holidays and unwind before all the stress comes around. :D

I choose September or October for the costs and very few children. You never know if the weather will cooperate. We did have to miss a port last year, and it did rain 6 out of 8 days this year - but I was on a cruise!! So all was well.

Depends on where in the Caribbean, but water temps can definitely drop into the 70's during winter and be unpleasant for some. In the Bahamas, which is a popular spot on Caribbean cruises, it can get into the low 70's during the winter which is quite cold for most.