Dining Reservation Table Size

bethhorn

Hi.

We're on the Getaway and I'm booking us our complimentary dining tables (so we can eat at the time we like). We've never cruised on NCL before. If we want to be paired up with random people at dinner (like with traditional dining on other ships), do we just ask for a table bigger than our party? Or if I reserve a table of 6, do I need to show up with 6 people?

Does that make sense?

Hi.

If we want to be paired up with random people at dinner (like with traditional dining on other ships), do we just ask for a table bigger than our party? Or if I reserve a table of 6, do I need to show up with 6 people?

Does that make sense?

Yes you can ask if there is a table available that can seat for more than your party.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi.

We're on the Getaway and I'm booking us our complimentary dining tables (so we can eat at the time we like). We've never cruised on NCL before. If we want to be paired up with random people at dinner (like with traditional dining on other ships), do we just ask for a table bigger than our party? Or if I reserve a table of 6, do I need to show up with 6 people?

Does that make sense?

You can ask but the odds of finding anyone to share a table with are pretty slim unless you are a solo cruiser.

By making reservations in advance, you are making this more difficult. The best thing is to show up at the restaurant and tell them you'd like to share. They will have you sit the the side to wait until others show up asking to share. This could be 15 minutes, an hour, or never. You'll decide how long you want to wait before you just give up and go eat. Rarely do people share, although some do. You'd be better off to meet people around the ship, then invite them to join you for dinner.

Edited by LrgPizza

The last time we shared a table with someone we didn't know in the MDR on NCL we were checking in with the hostess at the same time as another couple and we just asked them if they'd like to join us. We had a fantastic conversation with them and everyone enjoyed themselves. I think asking to be seated with strangers is something that wouldn't occur to most people.

Oh, no that happens quite often if fact they will also ask when you check in if you would like to dine with others.

We have never been asked this, nor have we ever heard anyone else asked. It's certainly not standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have never been asked this, nor have we ever heard anyone else asked. It's certainly not standard.

We have never been asked this either, and if we were we'd definitely do it.

It appears that, judging from your past cruises, this is not a NCL policy. We have been asked many times on several lines - Silversea coming to mind as being the most eloquent in asking if we care to dine by ourselves or with "fellow travelers".