Jewish Heritage Tour of Berlin

landlocked_cruiser

Can anyone recommend a good Jewish Heritage Tour of Berlin? SPB is not a.ailable when we are in Berlin. There are 4 of us.

try Alla tours or Milk and Honey tours. Both seem to get good marks. Used Alla in SPB and they were very good, but did not go to Berlin as it was too long a ride for me.

Also check out SPB tours.

The owner (Viktoria) is from St Petersburg originally but now lives in Berlin with her husband and thus has good connections in Germany.

I have used their tours in both places and we were very satisfied (but I have not done the one that you are specifically interested in).

Alla is highly recommended as well.

Edited by Paulchili

Paul,

I must confess that I have often missed such factors as well! And I've even gotten in trouble once or twice because of my tendency to read posts too fast ...

I also have a relative who has lived in Berlin for more than 20 years and gave us a wonderful tour of Jewish Berlin on our first visit there. But she is not a licensed guide and is kept very busy dealing with her business translating books from English to German and vice versa so I'm sure she wouldn't be available.

Mura

Just as a note. Several on my other tours, on our Baltic cruise, took the Berlin Jewish Heritage Tour. I don't remember a single person saying it was worth the long grueling bus ride to get there and back. I believe the consensus was that if one wanted to see and do Berlin, then fly in early and spend several days there before (or could be done after) the cruise. The tours were not worth the money, bus rides, and hassle. ;)

Just as a note. Several on my other tours, on our Baltic cruise, took the Berlin Jewish Heritage Tour. I don't remember a single person saying it was worth the long grueling bus ride to get there and back. I believe the consensus was that if one wanted to see and do Berlin, then fly in early and spend several days there before (or could be done after) the cruise. The tours were not worth the money, bus rides, and hassle. ;)

+1!!!! I've been saying for years that IMO driving several hours to a major city means you just won't begin to see enough. On our first visit to Berlin we were there a week and didn't begin to see it all.

Agree with both above posts in general.

That said, if one feels they may have no opportunity to visit the area again - for any number of reasons - then visiting Berlin for a day may not be such a bad decision (IMO, better than walking around in Warnemunde)

Agree with both above posts in general.

That said, if one feels they may have no opportunity to visit the area again - for any number of reasons - then visiting Berlin for a day may not be such a bad decision (IMO, better than walking around in Warnemunde)

I think it was an over 3 hour drive and did not think it was worth it. On the other hand my BW did it once and loved it. The second time we both stayed in Warnemunde and had a wonderful day. Little streets nice shops a small port area and the beach makes for good time without the hassle of over 6 hours sitting on a bus or in a car.