Specialty Dining "Holiday" Reservations

Surfguyxxx

I'm doing a holiday cruise on Serenade leaving 12/23 for 10 nights. I've been trying to book specialty dining for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve but the site wouldn't allow it "yet". I just went on and found out they are now charging $75pp to dine at Giovanni's and at Chops. Do you think this is a bit excessive or is this the norm? I just can't decide :confused::confused::confused:

Our Grandeur holiday sailing is offering the same "special". The description says it you will receive a glass of champagne along with an amuse-bouche and petit fours at the end of the meal. Otherwise, it looks like the same menu although Giovanni's is will be offering a "special" lobster tail but it doesn't say if that is included in the $75.

I personally wouldn't pay this but I bet some cruisers will.:rolleyes:

Sherri:)

We've sailed over Christmas or New Years r both for the last 5 years and gave always celebrated at the soecialty restaurants on those days. So glad that with the way the schools schedule worked out this year that we are sailing Jan 2 - 8 and will avoid those high prices.

As much as we enjoy the specialty restaurants I cannot see paying $300 for the four of us for dinner but there will be people that will and the restaurants will still be full.

Is it $75 on other nights?

Why not just go another night if not? It would be the same menu wouldn't it ?

Yes but you don't get the glass of champagne, amuse-bouche or petit fours.:D:D:rolleyes:

Sherri:)

I'm doing a holiday cruise on Serenade leaving 12/23 for 10 nights. I've been trying to book specialty dining for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve but the site wouldn't allow it "yet". I just went on and found out they are now charging $75pp to dine at Giovanni's and at Chops. Do you think this is a bit excessive or is this the norm? I just can't decide :confused::confused::confused:

Excessive!

No not the norm, Holiday Cruises since 2002 (not all RCL) We book the Specialty Dinning, but not this year at $75pp.

We will be going to the MDR with a good bottle of wine and Christmas Crackers.

We have booked for other nights at the normal price, I am sure we will enjoy both.

We will be on the Oasis for Xmas this year and are going to be dining at 150 Central Park for Xmas Eve. Since we'll be in a Junior Suite we can eat in the Coastal Kitchen for a few dinners and save $$ by not eating in Specialty Restos for a few nights.

I felt free to splurge a little on Xmas Eve dinner since we'll have that perk.