Does Oasis feel older?

Tm100

Oasis was refurbed since you sailed in 2010. It should feel basically the same as you remember, but different. It now has electronic "wayfinders",menus, new MDR decor, updated restaurants, CATs...etc.

There is some minor wear and tear showing in the rooms, hot tubs...etc, but it didn't detract from the experience for us. I've seen worse on many other ships.

The electronic wayfinders were on Oasis originally. Oasis was the first ship to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The beach pool is my favorite part of Oasis, we pretty much spend every day there. Below is a photo Andrew (A&L_Ont) posted from his live on Harmony. Thanks Andrew

b6958756e078cd07d5c8dd6837400056.jpg

Can you notice the difference. No umbrellas, no little table to keep your stuff from floating away, and way more loungers in the same space. The beach pool has a special vibe, people sit in the water and chat to the folks in the loungers. Plus it is one pool that they monitor chair hawgs. Allure has the original design as well.

Everyone has their sacred cow, the old beach pool design is mine. I hope they don't update it any time soon. Doesn't it look like fun.

7672d75ba616a0a8423eebc8a0d60f03.jpg

That is a big difference between Harmony and Oasis. I prefer the old set up also with the umbrellas and small tables at the beach pool. That to me is a set back for Harmony.

Mentioned previously I think in 5 years Harmony will look older than Allure or Oasis. To me the Harmony is not fitted to the same high standard.

Allure will still look new in 10 years IMO

Just curious, other than the solarium panels, what fit and finish issues have you noticed. Simple things can be replaced with current maintenance schedules.

Mentioned previously I think in 5 years Harmony will look older than Allure or Oasis. To me the Harmony is not fitted to the same high standard.

Heard a comment on our cruise on the Allure in August. The person's opinion mirrored your comment due to the Harmony not being built by same ship builder as the Oasis and the Allure. He had cruised on the Harmony on one of the first cruises and reported it was a dismal situation. He was definitely not a fan. Was glad to be on the Allure and believed it was a better build. Very interesting.

Just curious, other than the solarium panels, what fit and finish issues have you noticed. Simple things can be replaced with current maintenance schedules.

Yes we picked up the solarium panels on our July cruise.

The big notice to me was the Boardwalk not patch on Allure's. The detail isn't there

The is just something about the ship that makes it feel not as polished.

However; I loved it and would sail on her again in a flash.

Yes we picked up the solarium panels on our July cruise.

The big notice to me was the Boardwalk not patch on Allure's. The detail isn't there

The is just something about the ship that makes it feel not as polished.

However; I loved it and would sail on her again in a flash.

Maybe it just needs broken in. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just was on Adventure on a Southern last March and she was in great shape. RCI maintains their fleet well with 5 year scheduled dry dock and upgrade programs. The interior as to carpeting and furnishings are updated and replaced periodically as needed on every ship. Of course there will always be some wear and tear on any ship, but nothing that reflects poorly a ships overall condition. As example, we have sailed on Grandeur a couple of times in recent years and she was launched in 1996 but is still very nice and updated.

One exception is Radiance, alas. Her drydock coincided with Empress' refurbishing disaster, so a lot of the Radiance drydock workers were diverted to Empress. The result was that the drydock was only a technical one, and they left worn our carpet, chairs and woodwork untouched, along with the stateroom furnishings. Except that they took out the old beside lamps that had a small reading lamp in them and replaced them with tacky shaded lights that light up the entire cabin.:mad: It was the first time since Monarch in 2008 that I was on a ship that I thought looked worn out.

Oasis, on the other hand, looked as fresh to me last week as she did when we sailed on her in 2009. I think OP has nothing to worry about.:)

I agree, Harmony is like an Apple Watch (new, but prone to obsolescence), while Allure is like a Rolex chronograph (dials and needles, but will keep look and working well).

Edited by Pipo

I agree, Harmony is like an Apple Watch (new, but prone to obsolescence), while Allure is like a Rolex chronograph (dials and needles, but will keep look and working well).

Your comparison proves my other point.

If according to you

[emoji832]allure is like a Rolex

[emoji839]harmony like an Apple Watch

Then I conclude that

[emoji837]allure attracts Baby Boomers while

[emoji838]harmony attracts Millennials

My friends and I were on the oasis and allure and we didn't like it. But for some reasons we are extremely inclined to book the harmony for 2017.

I thought she looked to be in great shape when I was on her in May. The only sign I saw that she wasn't brand new was some bad pixels on the Aqua theater screen, but they were fixed. I had been on Allure twice, so I had a good idea of what to expect.

They were actually replacing the aqua theater screens while we were on three weeks ago

Edited by Ery