Does Oasis feel older?

Tm100

My family wants to go on the Oasis because it is close to Orlando. I have not been on the ship since 2010. I'm wondering if it still feels new or if she has aged and begun to feel outdated? I can't decide if it would be worth it to go to South Florida for Harmony.

It's a fact, oasis is no longer the newest ship. I was able to sail on it the same year of inauguration or maybe a year later can't remember now and I really felt the WOW factor from the ship and crew. Royal is amazing but just using common sense they won't have the best of the best in older ships.

Last but not least, they usually try to hire the best cruise directors on the newest ship, coincidence? Maybe- but I see this trend year after year.

Freedom class always had paella on day one but now I'm reading review that paella is gone during lunch. Freedom of the seas is no longer the newest ship she used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oasis was refurbed since you sailed in 2010. It should feel basically the same as you remember, but different. It now has electronic "wayfinders",menus, new MDR decor, updated restaurants, CATs...etc.

There is some minor wear and tear showing in the rooms, hot tubs...etc, but it didn't detract from the experience for us. I've seen worse on many other ships.

My family wants to go on the Oasis because it is close to Orlando. I have not been on the ship since 2010. I'm wondering if it still feels new or if she has aged and begun to feel outdated? I can't decide if it would be worth it to go to South Florida for Harmony.

Oasis is 7 years old - hardly an aged or outdated ship. And as mentioned she has also had her 5 year maintenance and upgrade dry dock.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

What about Voyager and Radiance class? I have a couple of southern Caribbean sailings on sight, on Jewel and Adventure, but the age of the ships is one of my concerns, thinking on wear and tear of the interior.

What about Voyager and Radiance class? I have a couple of southern Caribbean sailings on sight, on Jewel and Adventure, but the age of the ships is one of my concerns, thinking on wear and tear of the interior.

Just was on Adventure on a Southern last March and she was in great shape. RCI maintains their fleet well with 5 year scheduled dry dock and upgrade programs. The interior as to carpeting and furnishings are updated and replaced periodically as needed on every ship. Of course there will always be some wear and tear on any ship, but nothing that reflects poorly a ships overall condition. As example, we have sailed on Grandeur a couple of times in recent years and she was launched in 1996 but is still very nice and updated.

Jewel came out of a dry dock in May looking pretty with her new carpets/furnishings/decor/venues.

Adventure is coming out of dry dock within the next few days. Her dry dock was scaled back due to Hurricane Matthew, and some things were taken off the to-do list, so I'm not sure about the status of her interior carpet/furnishings/decor.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Jewel came out of a dry dock in May looking pretty with her new carpets/furnishings/decor/venues.

Adventure is coming out of dry dock within the next few days. Her dry dock was scaled back due to Hurricane Matthew, and some things were taken off the to-do list, so I'm not sure about the status of her interior carpet/furnishings/decor.

The carpet can be changed while in service I was on freedom and came back on board early to get something from cabin while at port to find my whole hallway was stripped of carpet.. Was completed before I got back just 2 hours later

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I thought she looked to be in great shape when I was on her in May. The only sign I saw that she wasn't brand new was some bad pixels on the Aqua theater screen, but they were fixed. I had been on Allure twice, so I had a good idea of what to expect.

I have to echo the same response as most people; I really did not notice the age of the ship at all. Had I not known the true age of the ship I would have never guessed she was 7 years old.

They are definitely taking great care of those Oasis ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What on the ship that you see would make you think it is outdated?

The stateroom color scheme isn't as "modern" as Harmony or Anthem, but the ship doesn't look or feel old at all. I thought Freedom felt much more dated, but again, that's more of a color-scheme thing as opposed to a wear-and-tear thing.

That's a great question. I believe Jewel has been refurbished recently, but I know that Adventure has, as today is the first sailing after refurbishment. They have upgraded it with a flowrider, water slides, and a ton of other things, during a month long dry-dock refurb. This ship will feel like new. I am headed on her in February, and absolutely LOVE the Voyager class ships, they are phenomenal!

Here is the thread on Adventures refurb- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360985&highlight=adventure

Here are a few pictures I took while on board 610e8c6072acf4b48f8376b1f3ea6b95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beach pool is my favorite part of Oasis, we pretty much spend every day there. Below is a photo Andrew (A&L_Ont) posted from his live on Harmony. Thanks Andrew

b6958756e078cd07d5c8dd6837400056.jpg

Can you notice the difference. No umbrellas, no little table to keep your stuff from floating away, and way more loungers in the same space. The beach pool has a special vibe, people sit in the water and chat to the folks in the loungers. Plus it is one pool that they monitor chair hawgs. Allure has the original design as well.

Everyone has their sacred cow, the old beach pool design is mine. I hope they don't update it any time soon. Doesn't it look like fun.

7672d75ba616a0a8423eebc8a0d60f03.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa