Captains club question

dpluta

I have a cc acct but the wife doesn't. Since we'll always ever travel together is there an advantage to getting her an acct as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely you should get her an account. I don't know what level you are but with both as members, you get double the perks in the cabin. For example, if you are Elite you get 90 minutes free internet, if both are elite you get 180.

Plus, there is no cost so why would you not have her join.

If you've always cruised together, you might find that she already has a Captain's Club number. I've always had my own and I can't remember ever doing anything to establish one for myself. I did set up accounts for our daughters once they turned 18.

Give Captain's Club a call and ask. Make sure she is given credit for all of her past cruising.

Once you hit Elite, you'll both receive benefits. Granted, she could attend the Elite events with you as your cabin-mate. However, to get her own load of laundry and internet minutes, she needs her own account.

I had a similar question recently. I joined the Captains's Club to book a cruise for my husband and me in February. I looked through some older posts to see if their were benefits of dual membership and decided it was worth it, but then I could not figure out a way to add him to my account. My understand is rather than having to set up another online account for your spouse, you can call Captain's Club and they will register her for you, but I have not done it yet.

I had a similar question recently. I joined the Captains's Club to book a cruise for my husband and me in February. I looked through some older posts to see if their were benefits of dual membership and decided it was worth it, but then I could not figure out a way to add him to my account. My understand is rather than having to set up another online account for your spouse, you can call Captain's Club and they will register her for you, but I have not done it yet.

Sorry but you can't do that. If you call they will set up an account for your spouse who will get a separate number. They used to have family accounts but that was eliminated many years ago. Setting up an account for your husband is seamless and there is no reason not to do it.

When you live under the same address you can connect the accounts as one household. We are C&A members and for our first cruise with X the whole family recevied CC numbers (including our DD who´s not 18 yet). Of course our status from C&A was transferred to the CC.

Both C&A and CC do know "inherited" points. So as an example my DH did a cruise on his own. But I did get the cruise point for it too (under the old rule). This year I did cruise with my Mom and without DH and DD. My account did raise but it did not raise with the full points. Why? I still had those inherited points from my DHs cruise so actually I received the full points but the inherited points were substracted. My DHs account on the other side (now that I have more points cruised than him) did inherit some points from me. It´s a bit complicated.

steamboats

Yes, thanks, just wanting one My Celebrity account, will call to register spouse for his CC membership.

You will need to update both accounts and make sure the My Celebrity for both is correct. If you don't one of you will get the perks and the other may not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums