reposition cruise, no free drink package

jakzak10

On occasions X have been known to offer drinks packages on repo cruises but I have only seen them offered as a perk for 24 hrs at a time and if I wasn't checking the website on that particular day I would have missed it

Can anyone explain why Celebrity does not offer the free drink package with their reposition cruises. Prices are comparable with other sailings. If not a free drink package, why not offer a discounted package>

The drink packages ARE NOT FREE. Adding the promo to the price pushes up the prices. We don't want the drink package, since we are elite and don't drink that much outside of the happy hour. We look for cruises that don't bundle. I disagree that prices for repos are comparable with other sailings. Repos are inexpensive. Our TA on Eclipse a few months ago was $1199 pp for at level one veranda. Great price for a 15 day cruise. Try to find that price with FREE promos on a 15 day cruise.

Please note that this thread is over a year old.

The TAs are nowhere near the bargain that they used to be (we've done over 20) and are pretty close per diem to other cruises. But still no booze packages included.

I HATE it when I get sucked into responding to an old thread! I always swear I'll look at the date and then I don't.

The drink packages ARE NOT FREE. Adding the promo to the price pushes up the prices. We look for cruises that don't bundle.

I disagree that prices for repos are comparable with other sailings. Repos are inexpensive. Our TA on Eclipse a few months ago was $1199 pp for a veranda. Try to find that price with FREE promos on a 15 day cruise.

Excellent observations... agree with you completely

The TAs are nowhere near the bargain that they used to be (we've done over 20) and are pretty close per diem to other cruises. But still no booze packages included.

Latest online price for the 16 night Eclipse transatlantic from Barcelona to Buenos Aires on 23 Nov 2018 is $849pp inside and $1049pp balcony... not quite as low as some of my previous TA's but still MUCH cheaper than almost ANY other Celebrity itinerary.

Just been looking at Reflection for Spring 2019 on the Celebrity UK website..

The final Caribbean cruise is 10 nights and includes Drinks and Gratuities. The lowest priced balcony is £1199 (this is cheaper than an Oceanview by the way).

The following cruise is a 14 night Transatlantic, with no perks. The lowest price balcony is £1499.

I do not think the Transatlantic cruise is anywhere near the bargain it used to be considering it is only about £12 per night less than the Caribbean sailing that includes 2 perks.

I love a Transatlantic but certainly believe there is much better value to be found with other cruise lines. Unfortunately I love Celebrity so will keep looking.

If the drink package are not for free because they add it on to the cruise cost why is a Norwegian cruise same or lower price than celebrity cruise. Agree with others that the transatlantic cruises have now become more expensive. Shop around the cruise industry is very competitive especially with all the new ships

If the drink package are not for free because they add it on to the cruise cost why is a Norwegian cruise same or lower price than celebrity cruise. Agree with others that the transatlantic cruises have now become more expensive. Shop around the cruise industry is very competitive especially with all the new ships

We have cruised both Celebrity and NCL, but prefer Celebrity.

NCL has almost always been cheaper when comparing similar itineraries. We have enjoyed all our cruises, but the food and service is consistently better on Celebrity. I will say that our last NCL Sun Alaska cruise was excellent and the food was significantly improved over our previous cruise on the Star.

NCL's promos have some significant wrinkles. NCL charges 18% service charge on the "value" of the beverage packages. NCL recently bumped up the so called value to an outrageous amount. We have found it better to refuse the beverage package and just purchase wine onboard. We spend less that way, since for a 7 day cruise, we might drink 5 bottles of wine at most.

We have a cruise on NCL booked for next year, two on RCI and one on Celebrity in 2019. RCI's cruises that we picked didn't bundle promos, so we got great pricing deals for both cruises, cheaper by far than comparable Celebrity or NCL.