Hello Hello Hello! Booked first ever cruise!!

Clovelle

.....And I'm sooooo excited!! :D

Looking forward to 'meeting' some of you on this fabulous site, it's a mine of useful information!

We've never breen on a cruise before, we're total newbies but I've learned so much over the last few days from here - but we've taken the plunge now and booked! :eek:

We go in April (so fairly short notice?) from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean, 7 nights, on MSC Divina.

We are a group of four from the UK, me, hubby, and our two older teens (who are very keen to try this type of holiday :) )

So excited to be here! Hello all! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising, Clovelle!! I can tell already that you have about figured out that cruising is somewhat addictive! Most of us on here have admitted we are addicted...there is no cure...just another cruise! :eek:

Once you start getting specific questions, don't be shy about asking! Lots of really good folks on CC who are full of great knowledge and willing to help newbies! Be sure to check out the threads related to your cruise line, ports of call, etc. to get some good tips and ideas.

Thank you both for the welcome! :)

I surely will have questions. many in fact, so much to get to grips with!

Now - to make myself a coffee and do further research! :D

Edited by Clovelle

Looking forward to 'meeting' some of you on this fabulous site, it's a mine of useful information!

We've never breen on a cruise before, we're total newbies but I've learned so much over the last few days from here - but we've taken the plunge now and booked! :eek:

We go in April (so fairly short notice?) from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean, 7 nights, on MSC Divina.

We are a group of four from the UK, me, hubby, and our two older teens (who are very keen to try this type of holiday :) )

Hello Clovelle. First of all welcome to CC, Second, Congrats on booking your first cruise and i hope you have a wonderful time. Happy Cruising. :)

Welcome to cruise critic :) Don't forget to look for your roll call :)

Hello, and welcome to the addiction!:)

Hi there and welcome. It looks like you have found your specific Roll Call, and the general MSC board. You are well on your way to researching and planning this fabulous cruise. Have fun. :)

Thank you, and LOL, yes I did! Roll call and MSC board! :D

I'm getting to grips with this site and throwing myself into it all!

First, welcome to CC. You will have years of enjoyment from this site. HOWEVER, you have GOT to get out of the depression you are clearly in. Everything about your post screams sadness and that you don't want to cruise or be involved in cruising in any way.

So, take a big breath and relax. Eventually you will start to get excited. :D

The cool thing about this site is that no matter what question you have big or little, strange or mundane you can ask and get an answer. Just read down the first page or two of the subject you will be asking about and see if there is a recent answer/question. People get cranky when you ask a question that has been asked a 1000 times in the last week alone. On the other hand, you can ask a weird question like: I love ABC shampoo but don't want to fly with it. I am leaving on the Happy Ship on November 10th out of port LaLa. Someone, and I mean someone, will come on here and tell you where you can find it, how you can get there and what is the best way to get there. Awesome.

Just remember when you ask questions to give us all the details so we don't have to guess. Leaving out a ship or cruise line, for example, means that we are only guessing at your answer because what might be true on Princess might not be true on Cunard.

That said, I hope you get excited soon. Seriously, a good attitude like you have makes for an even better cruise so have fun like I know you will.

Edited by notentirelynormal

First, welcome to CC. You will have years of enjoyment from this site. HOWEVER, you have GOT to get out of the depression you are clearly in. Everything about your post screams sadness and that you don't want to cruise or be involved in cruising in any way.

So, take a big breath and relax. Eventually you will start to get excited. :D

The cool thing about this site is that no matter what question you have big or little, strange or mundane you can ask and get an answer. Just read down the first page or two of the subject you will be asking about and see if there is a recent answer/question. People get cranky when you ask a question that has been asked a 1000 times in the last week alone. On the other hand, you can ask a weird question like: I love ABC shampoo but don't want to fly with it. I am leaving on the Happy Ship on November 10th out of port LaLa. Someone, and I mean someone, will come on here and tell you where you can find it, how you can get there and what is the best way to get there. Awesome.

Just remember when you ask questions to give us all the details so we don't have to guess. Leaving out a ship or cruise line, for example, means that we are only guessing at your answer because what might be true on Princess might not be true on Cunard.

That said, I hope you get excited soon. Seriously, a good attitude makes for an even better cruise so have fun.

Hi there! :) Thank you for the welcome - but - not sure if you read a different thread? - because I am SOOOO excited and could not be happier to be doing a cruise!! :D

I am so giddy I just can't wait!! LOL

Our teen boys are equally looking forward, as is my hubby who I thought wouldn't be!

(apologies here if your reply was said in humour! :D I may have missed the point, I have been known to! :D)

Thanks for your tip about doing a search first, that's great, I will! :)