Carafe of wine in restaurant

Gettingwarmer

We've certainly had carafes and half carafes in the past but not recently. We are on Aurora shortly so will enquire. We sometimes find that half a carafe is just fine for us if we don't want to drink a lot. If we have a bottle of say red and don't drink it all and ask for it to be kept for the next night and then the next night we both want fish well red doesn't go very well with that - yes I know some people will drink red with anything, we have a friend like that. Still it's nice to have the option of carafes. It's only ever been available with the House Wine but it may be something that's no longer on the wine list.

We've certainly had carafes and half carafes in the past but not recently. We are on Aurora shortly so will enquire. We sometimes find that half a carafe is just fine for us if we don't want to drink a lot. If we have a bottle of say red and don't drink it all and ask for it to be kept for the next night and then the next night we both want fish well red doesn't go very well with that - yes I know some people will drink red with anything, we have a friend like that. Still it's nice to have the option of carafes. It's only ever been available with the House Wine but it may be something that's no longer on the wine list.

When we were on Aurora last November they were not mentioned under the house wine but we saw one being carried through the restaurant. Maybe it is something you have to ask for. Let us know how you get on. Enjoy your cruise.

You could get carafes and half carafes of wine on Britannia in October, they were not advertised on the wine list but if you ask the wine waiter he will tell you the cost. To be honest we found the Olly Smith P&O red wine to be very nice and very reasonable in price.

Hi, When you're freedom dinning how do they manage with getting you're bottle back the next night? Thanks

Catherine

It can be sorted. I understand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, When you're freedom dinning how do they manage with getting you're bottle back the next night? Thanks

Catherine

I believe they put your cabin number on the bottle rather than your table number so doesn't matter where you sit, you just tell the wine waiter you have an opened bottle from the previous night.

Catherine

They have a card system (tghey give you a receipt to show) so they can find your wine the next night irrespective of what restaurant you were in.

We did it and no problems.