Ships Interior Designs

Jamericannn

I watched a few videos to compare the interior of the ships and some look really really outdated. The Splendor, for example, has that old-fashioned pink color that I definitely am not attracted to.

I hope when the Glory dry dock in March they will get the carpets a little more updated as well. I like the interior look of the Breeze and (surprisingly) the Miracle. I said surprisingly because I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how beautiful the architecture work in the walkways at the side of the ship are.

What are your favorite Carnival ships based solely on the interior look?

Check out from the 6:00 minute mark to about the 11:00 minute mark of this video

<B>VIDEO CREDITS TO SHARON AT SEA </B>

Edited by Jamericannn

The ships designs are the ship designs. The cost to completely and totally update all the interior space would be extremely expensive.

I'm not a fan of Farcus designs but some people seem to like them. They like those bright colors and "Vegas" glitz. Not me! I've always said that I thought they look like he was having bad acid flashbacks when he designed them. I get that they all have a "theme" but it's his completely over-the-top use of the decorations that I dislike.

My favorites are the Spirit-class but has nothing to do with decor (I think Miracle is hideous). Has to do with the layout and flow. Looking forward to my HAL cruise coming up at the beginning of the year on Zuiderdam, one of their Vista-class ships, and very much like Carnival's Spirit-class.

Thought Vista was light and bright and I much preferred the colors to most Carnival ships I've sailed (haven't been on the Dream class).

But I don't sail for the ship. I sail for the itineraries so decor isn't important to me.

Edited by NCTribeFan

I know many people disagree with me, but I love the Pride interior design. My favorite across the fleet.

When I first started cruising I thought what is with these designs on some of the ships, how over the top. Then when on less gaudy ships, I realized I actually missed the neon and glitz of Carnival ships.

The Vista is actually too tame for me.

The ships designs are the ship designs. The cost to completely and totally update all the interior space would be extremely expensive.

I'm not a fan of Farcus designs but some people seem to like them. They like those bright colors and "Vegas" glitz. Not me! I've always said that I thought they look like he was having bad acid flashbacks when he designed them. I get that they all have a "theme" but it's his completely over-the-top use of the decorations that I dislike.

I used to feel this way, I would look around and think ***, but then when on a much more reserved ship, I realized Joe Farcas is a genius, that crazy design really did add to my enjoyment of the cruise.

I much prefer the soothing Celebrity and Princess interior decor to Carnival's. Perhaps the Magic, and possibly the Vista might be the best of Carnival's design for my palate.

Everyone's taste is different, that's what makes the world go round.

I used to feel this way, I would look around and think ***, but then when on a much more reserved ship, I realized Joe Farcas is a genius, that crazy design really did add to my enjoyment of the cruise.

LOL, I do not think I used any profanity, now I am trying to remember what word I used there.

I watched a few videos to compare the interior of the ships and some look really really outdated. The Splendor, for example, has that old-fashioned pink color that I definitely am not attracted to.

I hope when the Glory dry dock in March they will get the carpets a little more updated as well. I like the interior look of the Breeze and (surprisingly) the Miracle. I said surprisingly because I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how beautiful the architecture work in the walkways at the side of the ship are.

Check out from the 6:00 minute mark to about the 11:00 minute mark of this video

Joe Farcus is a genius interior designer and, did you know, he also designed the whale tail funnel?

You either love his work or hate it.

See him in this recent video:

Favorite ship based solely on interior look: Liberty. We've also been on Festivle (no longer exists), Miracle, Glory, and Valor, but love the wrought iron and the colors of Liberty the best.

No, I did not know he designed that whale tail funnel...definitely genius. The "tails" are very distinguishable. A Carnival ship can be way out in the distance, but if you see a "tail", you know it's a Carnival ship. :D

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Favorite ship based solely on interior look: Liberty. We've also been on Festivle (no longer exists), Miracle, Glory, and Valor, but love the wrought iron and the colors of Liberty the best.

No, I did not know he designed that whale tail funnel...definitely genius. The "tails" are very distinguishable. A Carnival ship can be way out in the distance, but if you see a "tail", you know it's a Carnival ship. :D

I've never checked out the liberty. I am watching a video tour of it as I type right now all because of you.

They just did the carpets on Glory at the end of last year so I don't think that will be part of it.

They just did the carpets on Glory at the end of last year so I don't think that will be part of it.

I was told by the carnival agent that carpeting is a part of the plan. Maybe they are changing some not for wear and tear but because they want to put a more updated carpet.

Because of me? LOL!!! :) Please let me know what you think after you watch the video tour. We love her!

I checked out a couple videos on the liberty. It is a really nice ship. They have that unique design on the stairway rails and around other areas that I haven't seen on any of the other ships. It has a few designs and look that I really like. Deck 4 is really nice. This is the video that shows a good walkthrough

The Breeze us still my favorite though but I must say the Liberty looks nicer than I thought.

I enjoy the Splendor's decor. It can be a bit much, but in real life, the space in between all of the tiles is green, and it is really balanced. Plus the dining rooms on Splendor are gorgeous.

But if we are going solely by interior decoration, I am in absolute love with the Carnival Liberty. The chandeliers and the floral design blends modern elegance and fun quite well. I would do anything to sail on her again. The Freedom is also very nice inside! :D

I enjoy the Splendor's decor. It can be a bit much, but in real life, the space in between all of the tiles is green, and it is really balanced. Plus the dining rooms on Splendor are gorgeous.

But if we are going solely by interior decoration, I am in absolute love with the Carnival Liberty. The chandeliers and the floral design blends modern elegance and fun quite well. I would do anything to sail on her again. The Freedom is also very nice inside! :D

I would have checked it out if it had 7 day cruises.

I was told by the carnival agent that carpeting is a part of the plan. Maybe they are changing some not for wear and tear but because they want to put a more updated carpet.

Maybe in the cabins or hallways but the carpets by the elevator banks and entryways were just replaced with more updated carpet. The carpet in the cabin hallways is in desperate need of replacement. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Old carpet:

0e10445fbe299275d7d2effdb84e1aea.jpg

New carpet as of November/December 2015:

afe2b3a0e976d2d7a4c5647689a186e9.jpg

596f4b742f5093c79a8d77c454a6f6bd.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife