Anyone Ever Had A FREE Upgrade To The Haven

babs135

I've read a lot about upselling, etc but wondered if there was ever a time when people got a free upgrade to a better cabin, including The Haven?

We did get an upgrade on the NCL Spirit from an inside to an outside view cabin but that was some years ago.

Bear in mind I'm in the UK which may or may not make a difference.

If it is happening, it is either not being reported here or not happening much. The only one that comes to mind is a couple years back a husband and wife went from inside to port side DOS on BA when they got to port. They are not regular posters here but that was their story and they had pics of the room.

ETA - while not to Haven, there is the "are my eyes deceiving me" thread that went from a gty up to minisuite. Other free upsells I've seen past few years were from studios to balconies.

Edited by dexddd

We updated for "free". My son had other commitments, so he could not come with us. This left us with three people in two balconies. Every day I monitored the price of the cruise. 9 days before we sailed, I saw a two bedroom suite listed for less than what we paid for the two balconies. I called my travel agent and we were able to get this suite. However, we did not get any money back and they stripped us of some of our onboard credit. I was a little miffed about the onboard credit and thought about turning the offer down, but I am glad we chose the cabin. The perks on the suite were wonderful. I would never pay full price for a suite, but we did enjoy it this one time.

My sister was on The Epic a few weeks ago and spoke to a couple from Texas who got upgraded to Haven for free and they didn't know why. First time NCL guests too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was their last name Bush?

This is the first time I am saying this on CruiseCritic-

Two years ago, my wife and I were upgraded from a mini-suite to a 2 bedroom suite in Haven for free. NCL called my agent three days before sailing and asked if we wanted it.

It happened to also be a 60th birthday cruise for my wife and our 20th NCL cruise.

I really wanted to pay........

Friends of ours booked an inside room on the spirit last July. They were travelling with their two teenage daughters in one inside room. Two days before the cruise they got a call that they were upgraded to TWO balcony rooms for free. They were first time cruisers.

We are booked on the escape (M6) in Feb and yesterday I received the bidding email. I would LOVE an h6 cabin but I am not going to bid. I do hope I get lucky and get one for free, but I am happy with the cabin we chose if not. This is our first time on NCL

We just booked an OK (Obstructed Oceanview) on our upcoming Pearl cruise. I joked with the PCC that it would be nice if we got a real OV, but since we had never gotten an upgrade, I wasn't holding my breath (I said this with much laughter in my voice). Much to our surprise, we got a free upgrade to a BA!