Advice on cabin bookings for seven

asalligo

Hi everyone, I have two cove balconies booked for the Dream with

4 in one cabin, Mom, her friend and my two daughters 19 and 16.

2 in one cabin , my wife and I

Each cabin is currently at capacity and my sister has decided she wants to go. What is our best option to add her?

Of course she can get her own cabin, but at single supplement prices, that is a little nuts.

There is a 5 person oceanview, but I am hesitant to put them all in one room. We are still outside the 90 day mark, so I guess I can move someone into her room from the 4 person cove. Any other ideas?

Personally, I'd put the teenagers across the hall in an Interior. Gives all folks an extra bathroom and some room to breathe. I don't think it'll be much more expensive than when they were #3/#4 in mom's cabin.

Putting 5 females in one room will be a vacation nightmare

Move one person from the 4 person cabin making each cabin 3 / 2 /2

you lose some of the discount from that 4th person making them a 2nd person instead

The cheapest option of course is to move one of my daughters into my room and let my sister have the open slot in the 4 person room for $300, A three person cove appears to be open nearby, but I just really do not want to give up our own room. I think I am going to though, it is the nice thing to do.

Edited by asalligo

If you really want to have some time togther with your own room, you will absolutely regret adding a person just to be "nice". Just think about it. I'm sure you have saved and planned for a while on this.....

Why not put someone in your room. You guys can always do the naughty when they are out of the room. They may have to change your room if the one you are in has a 2 person occupancy. The additional person will cost maybe around $350.

It is much easier to book the new person in your cabin to avoid having to move someone from the other cabin to yours. You guys can arrange who sleep in what room later.

You were looking for the cheapest option or for the best option? Sure adding daughter to your room works but then you loose the ability to have couple "alone" time that is kinda valuable on a trip.

My suggestion would be to price the inside across the hall and put the sister and 1 of your daughters in in. Sure it will cost you a little more, but it will add a 3rd bathroom as well as allow more space for spreading out. You also can have that "alone" time with your spouse with out worrying about one of your daughters walking in on you.

Have one of your daughter join your sister in a new cabin. Don't look at it as increased fare for your daughter, but a reduced fare from solo by your sister. You will also make your mother more comfortable with just 3 for 1 bathroom, and retain your couple privacy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG, get an inside across hall and put 2 in there, everyone will thank you for adding the extra cabin (including you and your wife ;) ). That will at least be 3 bathrooms between the 7 of you and much more breathing room. Trust me you will be a very happy man!!!

The cheapest option of course is to move one of my daughters into my room and let my sister have the open slot in the 4 person room for $300, A three person cove appears to be open nearby, but I just really do not want to give up our own room. I think I am going to though, it is the nice thing to do.

It would have been "nicer" if your sister had booked when you did instead of leaving the whole cabin change thing to you.

Thanks Everyone, she is now waffling about going, but if she decides she wants to, I am going to put my daughters across the hall in an interior.

One other idea. I'd be sure she pays up. What if you do all the shuffling and rebooking only to have her waffle back to not wanting to go leaving an imbalance in cabin occupancy? Don't you think enough is enough?

If you can get a Deluxe Ocean view it would be the most cost efficient and they have plenty of room for 5. The rooms are 50% bigger and have 2 bathrooms (though the one does not have a toilet). So 2 can shower at the same time if they want. We have booked one and had no issues with 5 in it.