Does NCL drop prices for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

fdpevey

Looking to cruise end of February, which means that would be less than 90 days out, and trying to decide when to make the jump to a purchase.

I know the relatively consistent "Free at Sea" promotions, but I am talking about a real price drop.

Does that ever occur for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Looking to cruise end of February, which means that would be less than 90 days out, and trying to decide when to make the jump to a purchase.

I know the relatively consistent "Free at Sea" promotions, but I am talking about a real price drop.

Does that ever occur for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Real price drops are based more on sales performance of cabins per voyage and are offered in proximity to actual sailing. Perks like free packages are offered on holiday events but not always.

Also saw on an online TA website that from 11/21-11/30 you can get two perks for an inside cabin.

Our TA is offering this as of 11-21. Inside cabins get two promos. And, the gratuities are included, free, if the choices are UBP or UDP. My understanding is that this is not an NCL promo, but strictly a TA offer. Or a deal between the TA and NCL, not sure how it works, but my understanding is that you can't get it booking direct.

Now, this is not a "real price drop", but I'll take it any day, because it will get us free drinks and save us hundreds on the 18% gratuity on the package price.

What counts is how much you pay at final payment, minus the extra perks value and OBC.

Edited by punkincc

Our TA is offering this as of 11-21. Inside cabins get two promos. And, the gratuities are included, free, if the choices are UBP or UDP. My understanding is that this is not an NCL promo, but strictly a TA offer. Or a deal between the TA and NCL, not sure how it works, but my understanding is that you can't get it booking direct.

Always find it strange NCL won't match TA perks if booking direct since the cruise line would save on not paying TA commission.

is this something for only certain travel agents or is this something all agents will offer?

I have not seen it in the email offers of the two TAs who email me the most, so it may be specific only to a few or maybe just to the one we used this time. It might be worth googling some TAs and making a few calls to inquire, especially if you are booking an inside. If anyone got an email about joining a FB group in order to access special offers, that would be the one.

Edited by punkincc

Now, this is not a "real price drop", but I'll take it any day, because it will get us free drinks and save us hundreds on the 18% gratuity on the package price.

What counts is how much you pay at final payment, minus the extra perks value and OBC.

That's a good one!!

That's a deal I would jump on if I knew who it was through! I'll have to go check my emails.

Always find it strange NCL won't match TA perks if booking direct since the cruise line would save on not paying TA commission.

The costs to the cruise lines to pay TA commissions is way less than what it would cost them to retain in-house employees.

Although not a commission, in house agents also receive an incentive for each booking made.

Is there cyber monday sales at the Shops on board of Escape?

Get 2.54 centimeters of gold chain for the same price as the 1 inch price. All $10 watches marked down to $8.48 (plus 18% service charge).

And no sales tax!!

Edited by AdGuyMG

No, there is not a 50 dollar deposit on suites. And the future cruise Haven only credit offered on board was simply too pricey. They said they are beta-testing. Yeesh

It is the same 50 dollar deposit they offered 3 weeks ago- excludes suites.

People would put down a 150 bucks total for 3 people in an H6 and cancel right before final as it is easier to let NCL use 150"$ of your money than $1500 dollars whilst you make up your mind.

We just came off of a b2b. I booked probably 30/60 days out. Online TA posted a price with 2 perks. When I questioned the 2 perks I was told that the price would go up on the room. So it was like paying for your own perks, IMHO. So we went for the better price on the room and skipped the perks. Sometimes they make things so difficult.