Coffee maker in a balcony cabin

Has anyone had any issues brining on a 4 cup coffee maker, and coffee on RCCL ship? We are in a balcony cabin on a 7 day cruise, we've had suites with coffee makers like the convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What on earth would you want to do that for. Pick up the phone before you go to bed, dial room service, order it for the time you want to get up , and it will be there at your door free. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't say I've ever seen anyone post this but I would presume a coffee maker would be on the prohibited items list and would be confiscated.

You are correct, coffee makers are on the prohibited list.

[emoji23][emoji23] I'm sorry but this is funny. Of all the places on the ship to get free coffee, why would you lug a coffee maker in your luggage? Are you also going to bring mugs and creamer? If not, then you're going to have to go out where they serve coffee and get those things before you can make your coffee, in which case, you may as well just grab the actual coffee while you're at it.

You can also order room service for breakfast and they'll bring coffee for you.

"Can I bring a coffee maker?" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had any issues brining on a 4 cup coffee maker, and coffee on RCCL ship? We are in a balcony cabin on a 7 day cruise, we've had suites with coffee makers like the convenience.

It is crazy as others have pointed out. However I think ship coffee is nasty. It would be nice to have a good cup of coffee

so totally NOT allowed.

best you can hope for is requesting one of the ones that are set aside for suites, but do not hold your breath. the ones on board have already been vetted and deemed safe to use on board. they cannot guarantee that any you bring on board is equally safe.

Gresha, another option to consider, besides the French Press, is one of those Melita pour-over filter cones. I like the coffee that comes out of those better than the French Press, which -- to me -- always seems to allow too much sludge in the bottom of the cup. :(

If you want to be nice to your cabin steward, think about how you'll dispose of the coffee grounds, and clean up afterwards. I've seen posts where people talk about packing little plastic bags (the kind you'd have for used diapers, or to pick up after pets) to make the cleanup go smoothly.

And here's a nod of thanks to the posters on here who were kind and helpful. You know who you are. :)

[emoji23][emoji23] I'm sorry but this is funny. Of all the places on the ship to get free coffee, why would you lug a coffee maker in your luggage? Are you also going to bring mugs and creamer? If not, then you're going to have to go out where they serve coffee and get those things before you can make your coffee, in which case, you may as well just grab the actual coffee while you're at it.

You can also order room service for breakfast and they'll bring coffee for you.

"Can I bring a coffee maker?" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I've been drinking coffee for close to 40 years, I've never had to lug my on creamer with me. Maybe that's because I drink it black, with no sugar. A simple yes or no that a coffee maker is prohibited would suffice, why all the editorial emojis

Edited by ATC cruiser

I've been drinking coffee for close to 40 years, I've never had to lug my on creamer with me. Maybe that's because I drink it black, with no sugar. A simple yes or no that a coffee maker is prohibited would suffice, why all the editorial emojis

Why all the emojis? To get across the fact that I was literally cracking up at this question, and the picture in my head of someone packing a coffee maker to bring on a vacation where there is free coffee provided in multiple places. Sometimes social cues help other people recognize when they are being slightly ridiculous so they can evaluate their thoughts and behavior accordingly, in case they don't want people to think they're totally wacko. Perhaps I'm the only person who thought that was ridiculous and also hilarious, in which case, I can receive the social cues from others that laughing at her was inappropriate...but I think the majority of people probably agree with me.

We were in a balcony stateroom on the Brilliance of the Seas in June and asked our stateroom attendant if it might be possible to have a kettle, as we drink a lot of tea (we're British!). We know that kettles and coffee-makers are usually only for the suites but she said that if there was one available, she would let us have it. And she did! Not only did we have the kettle for our hot water but she also brought us teabags, sugar and milk sachets. So it's always worth asking as the worst that can happen is that they will say no!

Edited by Lanzalady

We were in a balcony stateroom on the Brilliance of the Seas in June and asked our stateroom attendant if it might be possible to have a kettle, as we drink a lot of tea (we're British!). We know that kettles and coffee-makers are usually only for the suites but she said that if there was one available, she would let us have it. And she did! Not only did we have the kettle for our hot water but she also brought us teabags, sugar and milk sachets. So it's always worth asking as the worst that can happen is that they will say no!

Thank you, that's another good idea., You're right it never hurts to ask.

I would also ask the stateroom attendant to bring you a hot water kettle. I have heard that most of the ships with European itineraries in the summer supply them to all cabins, not just the suites, and put them in storage for the winter. I don't see why US passengers can't have access to them if they aren't in a suite.

Even when we're in a suite we don't use the coffeemaker. It's too much muss & fuss. We bring instant and find cream (not the creamer but real dairy) on the ship or onshore. We don't usually set an alarm when we're on vacation and prefer to make our own first cup rather than having room service wake us up with it.

Why all the emojis? To get across the fact that I was literally cracking up at this question, and the picture in my head of someone packing a coffee maker to bring on a vacation where there is free coffee provided in multiple places. Sometimes social cues help other people recognize when they are being slightly ridiculous so they can evaluate their thoughts and behavior accordingly, in case they don't want people to think they're totally wacko. Perhaps I'm the only person who thought that was ridiculous and also hilarious, in which case, I can receive the social cues from others that laughing at her was inappropriate...but I think the majority of people probably agree with me.

a coffee maker is way less ridiculous than a crock pot or a blender, and people have wanted to bring those aboard. cuz yeah, people who actually drink good coffee at home would find the sludge on board to be sub par bordering on undrinkable.

plus the double standard on ships cruising out of Southhampton, etc where they do provide coffee makers or kettles in all cabins.

I would also ask the stateroom attendant to bring you a hot water kettle. I have heard that most of the ships with European itineraries in the summer supply them to all cabins, not just the suites, and put them in storage for the winter. I don't see why US passengers can't have access to them if they aren't in a suite.

Even when we're in a suite we don't use the coffeemaker. It's too much muss & fuss. We bring instant and find cream (not the creamer but real dairy) on the ship or onshore. We don't usually set an alarm when we're on vacation and prefer to make our own first cup rather than having room service wake us up with it.

This is true with cruises departing from the UK but if they sail from anywhere else in Europe, such as Barcelona, then they don't have them as standard.