5 Hour Energy and Beverage Policy

Triksy

Help, I have not cruised since the change in the beverage policy which I have thoroughly read and can not figure out if I can still bring 5 hour energy on board. I purchased a 10pk to share between myself and my husband. I cant figure out if it is considered a beverage and thus is a no no because it is a bottle and not a can. Or if it is not considered a beverage and is instead considered a vitamin/medication. Can anyone provide me this info? Do I carry it on or put it in my checked luggage? Or just give up and leave it at home because that ish is expensive and I don't want them to throw it away. Leaving on the Glory in just over a week.

Help, I have not cruised since the change in the beverage policy which I have thoroughly read and can not figure out if I can still bring 5 hour energy on board. I purchased a 10pk to share between myself and my husband. I cant figure out if it is considered a beverage and thus is a no no because it is a bottle and not a can. Or if it is not considered a beverage and is instead considered a vitamin/medication. Can anyone provide me this info? Do I carry it on or put it in my checked luggage? Or just give up and leave it at home because that ish is expensive and I don't want them to throw it away. Leaving on the Glory in just over a week.

Hi there

I believe (only an opinion) that if you put them in your carry on and they are found the likelihood of them being taken away would be high.

They at very small bottles and if you put a few in your suitcases instead, lets say with your toiletries they likely wouldn't be noticed.

Don't know where you are going but they are sold all over and you might find the at your stops as well. Would some other "energy" drink type sold in cans be a possible substitute? I am not familiar at all with what might be a comparable product.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I cruised last year, left on Black Friday. I took a 10 pack, still in the box and right inside my checked luggage.

I've also put single bottles in with my toiletries.

They do sell them onboard but they are about $4.99 each, if I remember correctly. But, they have changed gift shop vendors in the past year also.

It will be considered a bottled beverage and the guidelines will apply.

I always bring a few handfuls of 5-hour energy bottles in my purse and carry-on and no one has ever said a thing. To be on the safe side, I would scatter them about your carry on and not keep them in the original box (mine come in a small box from Sam's Club).

I always bring a few handfuls of 5-hour energy bottles in my purse and carry-on and no one has ever said a thing. To be on the safe side, I would scatter them about your carry on and not keep them in the original box (mine come in a small box from Sam's Club).

Thanks, I think this is what we are going to do. Going this route even if they take some, they are not likely to take all of them.

They really don't care about "non-booze" drinks...in moderate amounts..However, you're on vacation....you don't need all that "energy"!

I guess that really depends on how you like to vacation. Our last cruise I honestly needed to sleep for a few days just to recover when we got home. Especially with Carnival it seems like there is always something to be doing that's more fun than sleeping.

Help, I have not cruised since the change in the beverage policy which I have thoroughly read and can not figure out if I can still bring 5 hour energy on board. I purchased a 10pk to share between myself and my husband. I cant figure out if it is considered a beverage and thus is a no no because it is a bottle and not a can. Or if it is not considered a beverage and is instead considered a vitamin/medication. Can anyone provide me this info.

Energy drinks are considered as beverage, not medication. So it will be up to you to take a risk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The worst drink you can have.

I just cruised last week on the Sunshine. I brought 2 twin packs of 5 hour energy on board with me. Nothing was said. I even left them sitting out on the desk the whole week. I think you will be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once you are past Security, no one cares. The cabin stewards don't report unauthorized beverages in cabins.

And those Red Bull drinks are in a can.

Why yes they are, very observant. Nobody including airlines care about anything bottled in 3.4oz or less. They dont care plain and simple. If by chance it would be used to smuggle booze they better check my tiny bottle of mouthwash, or my wifes contact solution and so on. There is no rule about bringing booze onto a plane (and yes i bring something to enhance my coffee) well i had some left and it made it right thru cruise security in my carry on. But as things would have it my plain ol' plain ol' extension cord was indeed confiscated. So i call it a wash.

Why yes they are, very observant. Nobody including airlines care about anything bottled in 3.4oz or less. They dont care plain and simple. If by chance it would be used to smuggle booze they better check my tiny bottle of mouthwash, or my wifes contact solution and so on. There is no rule about bringing booze onto a plane (and yes i bring something to enhance my coffee) well i had some left and it made it right thru cruise security in my carry on. But as things would have it my plain ol' plain ol' extension cord was indeed confiscated. So i call it a wash.

I'm not quite sure about that. Someone had posted a while back that they tried to bring on the little baby wine bottles in lieu of the one 750ml bottle that's allowed and they took it. Maybe because it was alcohol but I don't know. I think it was before the all out ban on bottles but I can't be for sure. It's hard to keep track of that kind of stuff.

I would say you might be able to get away with one or two. But 10 might be pushing it. I don't drink that stuff but if I recall they aren't that cheap so be prepared to have them confiscated or down them at the checkpoint [emoji41]

Also I believe Red Bull or Rockstar or one of those types of drinks are included with Cheers so you could get those if you're getting the package and they don't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks.

I'm not quite sure about that. Someone had posted a while back that they tried to bring on the little baby wine bottles in lieu of the one 750ml bottle that's allowed and they took it. Maybe because it was alcohol but I don't know. I think it was before the all out ban on bottles but I can't be for sure. It's hard to keep track of that kind of stuff.

I would say you might be able to get away with one or two. But 10 might be pushing it. I don't drink that stuff but if I recall they aren't that cheap so be prepared to have them confiscated or down them at the checkpoint [emoji41]

Also I believe Red Bull or Rockstar or one of those types of drinks are included with Cheers so you could get those if you're getting the package and they don't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks.

Its pretty safe to say it was because it was alcohol. Weve seen people try to reason with the employees about the small wine bottles. Even tho it may be less than a total of 750ml X 2 its still more than the 2 total bottles that the policy states.

Can you imagine what people would try to bring on if there were no restrictions? Can you see the guy trying to push a keg thru the metal detector and wonder why its beeping , lol

Or the woman bringing two "cougar town" size bottles of wine aboard.

And for those of you that watch Last man on earth, the taquila swimming pool tandy lays around in.

Carnival would really be the fun ship

Its pretty safe to say it was because it was alcohol. Weve seen people try to reason with the employees about the small wine bottles. Even tho it may be less than a total of 750ml X 2 its still more than the 2 total bottles that the policy states.

Can you imagine what people would try to bring on if there were no restrictions? Can you see the guy trying to push a keg thru the metal detector and wonder why its beeping , lol

Or the woman bringing two "cougar town" size bottles of wine aboard.

And for those of you that watch Last man on earth, the taquila swimming pool tandy lays around in.

Carnival would really be the fun ship

Very well could be but the point is the small bottles were spotted on X-ray causing them to take a further look. So it's really try it at your own risk. The policy is no beverages in bottles are allowed so it's probably safe to say that if they are spotted, they won't get through. You can't really compare mouthwash and such (not that you are, just saying as a general statement) as those aren't meant to be consumed. But hey, go for it. The worst that can happen is they make you throw them out or you can drink them before you board.

Very well could be but the point is the small bottles were spotted on X-ray causing them to take a further look. So it's really try it at your own risk. The policy is no beverages in bottles are allowed so it's probably safe to say that if they are spotted, they won't get through. You can't really compare mouthwash and such (not that you are, just saying as a general statement) as those aren't meant to be consumed. But hey, go for it. The worst that can happen is they make you throw them out or you can drink them before you board.

So nothing is suspicious about someone bringing a 32oz bottle of mouthwash for just a one week cruise or possibly a 100oz bottle of laudry soap dont forget fabric softner. Neither is labeled alcohol but still raises an eyebrow.

Im so positive nobody would smuggle alcohol onboard in a clearly labeled liquor bottle.

Just as im sure noone is smuggling booze onboard in what might simply be the worlds smallest bottles.

So nothing is suspicious about someone bringing a 32oz bottle of mouthwash for just a one week cruise or possibly a 100oz bottle of laudry soap dont forget fabric softner. Neither is labeled alcohol but still raises an eyebrow.

Im so positive nobody would smuggle alcohol onboard in a clearly labeled liquor bottle.

Just as im sure noone is smuggling booze onboard in what might simply be the worlds smallest bottles.

Those may very well get a second look as you're right they are suspicious. I was referring to the small travel sized bottles. But whatever. I'm not getting into another argument with you over stupid stuff. Carry on and have a nice day.