Happy hour specials- buckets of beer

smitty2013

Hello, we are on the Eclipse Feb 19, 2017 14 night cruise and have inside cabin so no drink package included. Does anyone know if there are any happy hour specials at any of the bars? If so what bars and prices of drinks?

Also can you purchase bucket of beer at pool bar and if so anyone know price and details?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen buckets of beer on offer now for nearly two years. The price varied according to what beer was on offer but was in the $5 -6 range per bottle.This is probably because nearly 90% of passengers have a drinks package of sorts and thus there is no need to provide this incentive. Happy hours differ from ship to ship but once on board check the Community notice board beside Guest Relations, it is often posted there, if not check the Passport Bar on S class ships where they always have a happy hour. Not sure the best place to check on M Class ships

Edited by Beanb41

Hello, we are on the Eclipse Feb 19, 2017 14 night cruise and have inside cabin so no drink package included. Does anyone know if there are any happy hour specials at any of the bars? If so what bars and prices of drinks?

Also can you purchase bucket of beer at pool bar and if so anyone know price and details?

Thanks

Sometimes, but, it is not publicized. Where you will find Happy Hour details is in the front of the blue drink book in the lounges. There are certain hours, usually 5-6, and 10-11. We will be on the Eclipse Jan 2-8, and I will check for you. We find them on some ships, and not on others.

Marie

Sometimes, but, it is not publicized. Where you will find Happy Hour details is in the front of the blue drink book in the lounges. There are certain hours, usually 5-6, and 10-11. We will be on the Eclipse Jan 2-8, and I will check for you. We find them on some ships, and not on others.

Marie

Thanks I appreciate anything you can find out. If you have a chance ask bartender at pool bar if they sell buckets of beer and if so how many and how much.

Thanks I appreciate anything you can find out. If you have a chance ask bartender at pool bar if they sell buckets of beer and if so how many and how much.

Will do. I will be available Jan 12/13, so please bump this up so I remember to respond back. Thank you.

Marie

There were some specials on our TA. The one I remember was at the Martini Bar later in the evening when they had a buy one get 1 half price. There were some late afternoon specials also. Didn't see any buckets of beer at the pool.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Look on the back page of the daily it will have the drink specials of the day. The buckets are normally at the pool bar. As said buy 5 get 6.

In my experience, I would buy bucket, drink 1-2 then, take back rest to cabin. Next day, swap 1-2 unopened warm bottles at same bar for chilled.

Even if not advertised, ask at pool bar if 6-for-5 available.

The Rendevous bar, maybe others, had a drink menu that indicated 'discount drinks period'. At Rendevous, daily 4-6, they had 3-4 choices about $2-3 lower. I can recommend "Loss of Words' made with Don Julio tequila cocktail :D- tell server if you like it on sweeter-sour side.

I have not seen reduced prices for the 'drink of day' - just an attention-getter.

Watch out for servers offering drinks in fancy logo glasses - you'll pay extra for the souvenir. Those unaware leave their 'souvenir' glasses laying among discards.:eek: HAPPY CRUISING

In my experience, I would buy bucket, drink 1-2 then, take back rest to cabin. Next day, swap 1-2 unopened warm bottles at same bar for chilled.

Even if not advertised, ask at pool bar if 6-for-5 available.

The Rendevous bar, maybe others, had a drink menu that indicated 'discount drinks period'. At Rendevous, daily 4-6, they had 3-4 choices about $2-3 lower. I can recommend "Loss of Words' made with Don Julio tequila cocktail :D- tell server if you like it on sweeter-sour side.

I have not seen reduced prices for the 'drink of day' - just an attention-getter.

Watch out for servers offering drinks in fancy logo glasses - you'll pay extra for the souvenir. Those unaware leave their 'souvenir' glasses laying among discards.:eek: HAPPY CRUISING

Thank you for the info.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app