LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

Sorry for that kinda lousy embarkation..it happens. We are going same route as you with the famous roast beef sammi and make the salad of our dreams! Avoid the hectic Windjammer often as we can LOL!

Central Park for the famous roast beef along with a build your own salad.

8ee93a305d0d401d8af60105f1267f82.jpg

232cf361d60461f4b7e94026f6c41b3d.jpg

451d86ef920704abdcdf1ff02077078d.jpg

I'm happy to report that they have American chips onboard now.

ec7b2f027b32d498be2d4d18544c8d15.jpg

Sorry for that kinda lousy embarkation..it happens. We are going same route as you with the famous roast beef sammi and make the salad of our dreams! Avoid the hectic Windjammer often as we can LOL!

Lynn & Ken

01baa9118a2646436d5a6264ffb4be0d.jpg

Today is day 2 and we are in the Bahamas. Like many, we've been here multiple times so we did not get off the ship.

We had breakfast at Johnny Rockets which was good. We then made our way to the Solarium to find a clam shell and spend some time in the hot tub!

We just had lunch at Sabor which was fantastic. The guacamole was as good as everyone says!!

b443140ac8beacda4d229f04d0369e19.jpg

c8a7dec96f08fb0253555f88aabc5433.jpg

fd7feeedb525ac816114b3179cc5939a.jpg

As I mentioned yesterday, there is mint for mojitos! I enjoyed a wonderful Strawberry mojito before lunch.

da98269b74638d1c02ae9c62c8c48026.jpg

Lynn & Ken

Enjoying your report. Just wondering whether you had any difficulty making specialty dining reservations when you got on the ship. There have been recent reports that the specialty restaurants were very booked up (with pre-bookings) and that people who bought the dining packages weren't able to make their reservations even if they tried to do so as soon as they got on board. I am wondering if that was because they were on inaugural east and west sailings or whether it is going to be a continuing problem. Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. I appreciate you posting the dailies and the MDR menus. Did you get your dining time for tonight? Did I understand that dining is available to book at 120 days out and entertainment becomes available for booking at 90 days? I'd enjoy any of the specialty restaurant menus you could post a pic of as well. Enjoy your cruise!

For the person who asked about the dining discount if you reserve the first 2 nights... Harmony does not offer this discount. We ate at Chops tonight and it was $42 per person.

As for the person who inquired about the Chefs Table. I have heard that they will be offering this at some point on this ship but it is not currently available for this sailing. No other information was given about when it would be initiated.

And finally, regarding the ability to make reservations for dining once on board, we actually did our reservations through the Royal IQ app as soon as we boarded. The lines at the dining rooms and restaurants were quite long. This saved us standing in line.

Lynn & Ken

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. I appreciate you posting the dailies and the MDR menus. Did you get your dining time for tonight? Did I understand that dining is available to book at 120 days out and entertainment becomes available for booking at 90 days? I'd enjoy any of the specialty restaurant menus you could post a pic of as well. Enjoy your cruise!

Get menus this week!

Lynn & Ken

Let us know if they offer a discounted drink pkg later in the wk for the last remaining days. We usually have our own wine we bring on board for the first 2 nts. Then there is a port day so not much drinking on board. By day 4 or so it might be worth it for my husband depending on the price. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pardon my question, but just starting my planning for our March HOTS cruise. Just retd from 10 days in Ecuador South America so planning that trip has been my priority. You mentioned having lunch in Central Park. Which restaurant we're dining venue is that? I was only aware at the hotdog place in Central Park. Also can you check to see if they offer later in the day a free stretching class? On our last RCL cruise they offered yoga for a fee in the morning and stretching class for free in the late afternoon. They were the same thing, but the afternoon session is free. Free is good!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking at the compass, yes they do offer an after stretch class that is free!

Lynn & Ken

Edited by MrsKC08

The afternoon was pretty relaxing with some more ship exploring. Tonight was the first formal night, and we were able to make reservations at Chops for 530. Instead of waiting in any line on embarkation day, we signed onto the Royal IQ app as soon as we got on the ship. I quickly made our reservation for tonight right from the app without the hassle of standing in line.

As for our meal at Chops, we both started with the Caesar salad. Ken had the peppered bacon app and I had the scallops. Both were wonderful. Our waiter brought a second plate of scallops just because I said they were fantastic! For our entree I chose the filet 9oz (so that I could share with my husband) and he chose the NY strip 12oz. We chose 3 sides to share, garlic mashed potatoes, cream corn and asparagus. They were all good.

To top it all off, we chose 3 desserts to share, the mud pie (very rich), chocolate filled cake with coconut ice cream and the cheesecake.

728d7438d4eb717a7d47e9a009382b03.jpg

6b904d762618d13bb072147c1564823d.jpg

9fec158122f2eff9475f232aaa4f3305.jpg

a348ff0633ac7f7ab80bd99af6280ab5.jpg

a8b2c971ed6fc2190a10180c6d33b9cd.jpg

457865f978f709eb920884cc45480d89.jpg

Lynn & Ken

Grease was fantastic! You must make it a point to see this show. Casting was spot on and the talent was great!

f960226ce816c25cd091621aa99c4120.jpg

58efd985a29d579e04c74796a6eead0c.jpg

235058c33f4607f820aa7ba5bc5318fe.jpg

https://vimeo.com/193317010

I will say that I'm amazed at the young kids that were in the audience. I think that many people have just seen the movie on cable tv where most of the raunchiness has been cut out for cable tv. This show does NOT cut those parts out! I definitely wouldn't recommend kids under 14, maybe even 16...but obviously it's at the parents discretion.

Lynn & Ken

And finally, regarding the ability to make reservations for dining once on board, we actually did our reservations through the Royal IQ app as soon as we boarded. The lines at the dining rooms and restaurants were quite long. This saved us standing in line.

Lynn & Ken

Thanks for the tip! I had already downloaded the app and will make sure to use it as soon as we get on board.

Looking at the compass, yes they do offer an after stretch class that is free!

Lynn & Ken

Do you recall what time the late afternoon stretch class was? No worries if you don't. Just trying to be an over planner!! :)