LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

This is straight from the Royal Website for the Eat, Drink, Play promo. You can use at Jaime's or Sabor too which is weird because the letters I saw and the people I spoke to said the letter specifically said Jaime's.

6e789832f05c5b46ab10db3e7912b047.jpg

Lynn & Ken

Is this perk only for people who book directly with RC? I am booked on the Harmony for June 24, 2017 in a boardwalk cabin and I don't remember hearing about this. Thanks, Ronnie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this perk only for people who book directly with RC? I am booked on the Harmony for June 24, 2017 in a boardwalk cabin and I don't remember hearing about this. Thanks, Ronnie

No. it's for anyone booked in those neighborhood balconies. Doesn't matter who you booked with! We booked with a TA.

Lynn & Ken

Thank you for the comprehensive review. I think that you should give the Allure or Oasis a try- Perhaps some of your frustration is that this is a new ship and they have to get their act together- Having said that, we went on the Quantum and it was such a disappointment, we will never go back or try the Anthem. Based on your frustrations and comments, I do not think the Quantum class would work for you either.

Thanks again

I just wanted to thank you for your excellent review of the Harmony. We will be sailing on her June 24, 2017 with our 15 year granddaughter. Our cabin will be close to the one you had and is #11713. I'm pretty sure we had your cabin #11719 when we were on the Oasis five years ago. I like this deck and location, but was wondering if I could move closer to the back of the ship should I do it? I was thinking that the new slide (the Abyss) would be too close. Do you think it matters since all the cabins can see it anyway? It looks like it takes away from the view somewhat.

Do they still have an area at the back/end of deck 11 to go out and see the aqua theater show? When we were on the Oasis, we went out there and could see the show perfectly. I have some amazing pictures of the divers. It looks like they have made most of that area into suites on all the decks now.

We also have late dining and was wondering if it is really hard to see some of the shows? Unless you sit at a small table, it looks like we could have a hard time making it...especially if you need to get there at least 30-45 minutes early. Can you make some of the shows before dinner? Do you recommend doing it that way? Also, how far in advance can you make reservations for the shows?

Thanks again for your review, Ronnie

No. it's for anyone booked in those neighborhood balconies. Doesn't matter who you booked with! We booked with a TA.

Lynn & Ken

Thanks. We enjoyed Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and went there for breakfast a few times. Should I see this on my cruise docs as a perk? I remember going to Johnny Rockets anytime and it was free on the Explorer of the Seas back in 2000!

Thanks. We enjoyed Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and went there for breakfast a few times. Should I see this on my cruise docs as a perk? ...

Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast to all guests on Oasis class ships.

Thanks. We enjoyed Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and went there for breakfast a few times. Should I see this on my cruise docs as a perk? I remember going to Johnny Rockets anytime and it was free on the Explorer of the Seas back in 2000!

You should have a letter in your cabin that explains the Eat, Drink, Play perk. It will say on that letter to bring it to the restaurant (Johnny Rockets) when you are ready to redeem the free meals. If you don't have it in your cabin when you arrive, a quick trip to Guest Services and they'll print it for you. This is a new perk that just went into effect in November! Your soda cups for the freestyle machine will also be in your cabin when you arrive.

I just wanted to thank you for your excellent review of the Harmony. We will be sailing on her June 24, 2017 with our 15 year granddaughter. Our cabin will be close to the one you had and is #11713. I'm pretty sure we had your cabin #11719 when we were on the Oasis five years ago. I like this deck and location, but was wondering if I could move closer to the back of the ship should I do it? I was thinking that the new slide (the Abyss) would be too close. Do you think it matters since all the cabins can see it anyway? It looks like it takes away from the view somewhat.

Personally, I loved our location and I think that if it was me, I'd try to move down from 11713 to one closer to where we were, especially if you would like to see some ocean when on your balcony. The Abyss was not too close to us and at our height we still had a good aft view!

Do they still have an area at the back/end of deck 11 to go out and see the aqua theater show? When we were on the Oasis, we went out there and could see the show perfectly. I have some amazing pictures of the divers. It looks like they have made most of that area into suites on all the decks now.

No, on the Harmony the only aft common areas are up one level from the Boardwalk which is on deck 6. There are stairs on each side of the aqua theater that will take you up one deck to the rock climbing wall and that is the only open area for seating and a great place to see the aqua show.

We also have late dining and was wondering if it is really hard to see some of the shows? Unless you sit at a small table, it looks like we could have a hard time making it...especially if you need to get there at least 30-45 minutes early. Can you make some of the shows before dinner? Do you recommend doing it that way? Also, how far in advance can you make reservations for the shows?

Thanks again for your review, Ronnie

We had no problem at all making our shows. Most of the shows for late seating dinner start around 10:30 or so. I think only one was earlier than that like 10pm and we made it without any issues. You'll find that there are many show time offerings for you. You can choose earlier shows and still be able to make your 8:30 dinner. The shows are generally about 50 minutes to an hour.

If you look toward the beginning of this review you will see how many days prior to sailing that the entertainment bookings opened up on the cruise planner.

I did read your review, but I don't remember when you said you could book the shows. You mentioned something about not being able to book a show if it was under two hours from the time you were booked for dinner. Did that ever get fixed? I was looking at some of the daily schedules you posted and Grease was at 8:00 both days I looked. If there is only an 8:00 PM show, how do we get to see it if late dining is at 8:30? Thanks, Ronnie

I did read your review, but I don't remember when you said you could book the shows. You mentioned something about not being able to book a show if it was under two hours from the time you were booked for dinner. Did that ever get fixed? I was looking at some of the daily schedules you posted and Grease was at 8:00 both days I looked. If there is only an 8:00 PM show, how do we get to see it if late dining is at 8:30? Thanks, Ronnie

On Post #8 I mentioned that entertainment opened up for booking on July 25th which equates to about 125 days prior to sailaway. For a night where you do Grease at 8pm, you would have to do dinner at another venue on the ship. When we originally booked Grease it was supposed to be at 8pm on day 2, and even at the time I thought that was strange to have it then when day two is normally always the first formal night which also equates to the Captains party where there is live music and champagne and dancing in the promenade. A few days prior to our cruise, I noticed that our Grease reservation had been moved to 10pm that night, which made more sense and we were fine with that.

Anyway, I had planned on doing a specialty (Chops) restaurant that evening and had problems booking it pre-cruise because the earliest reservations that they showed was 6pm (even though the earliest is 5:30 when they start taking reservations). Because of that, and even though it was 2 hours before our reserved seating, the cruise planner wouldn't not accept both reservations together. If I tried to book the restaurant, it would have canceled our show. That's why as soon as I got on the ship, I made my dining reservations through the Royal IQ App without any problems.

There might be a time when you have to do dinner outside of the MDR, but with a ship this large, there are several other venues. Some are at a fee, but there are some that are complimentary like Solarium Bistro (it is complimentary right now, I'm not sure when they will start charging a fee).

I will also make note that if you let your dining staff know that you have a show reservation, they will get your food to you pretty quickly. We did that one night when there was a show that we wanted to see. This particular show was one that you didn't need reservations for, but we knew we wanted to see. They got us through dinner rather quickly. Of course we opted to not have dessert that night in the dining room.

Always terminal 18.

Bob is correct. Terminal 18 is the only terminal that can handle the size of an Oasis class ship. This is why Oasis had to move up the coast to Canaveral so that Harmony could port in Ft. Lauderdale.

I will also make note that if you let your dining staff know that you have a show reservation, they will get your food to you pretty quickly. We did that one night when there was a show that we wanted to see. This particular show was one that you didn't need reservations for, but we knew we wanted to see. They got us through dinner rather quickly. Of course we opted to not have dessert that night in the dining room.

Thanks so much for all your help. Ronnie