LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

I wouldn't say it ruined my cruise but it was disappointing when cruising last week that we had such a hard time booking speciality dining. Never had that issue before. I think and heard from the staff that the royal IQ app is part to blame. Sometimes it didn't show the dining we had planned and then one day it still showed one we had cancelled. I think people add the specialty dining then don't show. The hostess at 150 said they were keeping track of dining on an excel file separate from the app because it wasn't reliable. Also our internet went out one day. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry you had a problem. Any reservation we have made through the App while on board has been fine, thank goodness!

Lynn & Ken

c24bc0c4a561b53d61c83df38180e597.jpg

Today was day 5 and we arrived into St. Marteen along with the Freedom of the Seas, the Brittania, the Queen Mary 2, and a couple ships that were on the other side of the Brittania that I couldn't see.

As planned, we didn't get off the boat at this port. We spent the day onboard. We went to Mini Bites for breakfast this morning, but just barely made it before they closed (9:30 am today). I had an omelet but it was not very good. It was over cooked, but I think they were rushing to close and get off the ship.

I must say that I was disappointed with the onboard activities offered for those who stayed onboard. We've never had such little to do when there is a port day. So, we just relaxed and took in an afternoon nap.

Lunch was at Johnny Rockets today thanks to our free lunch with being booked in a Boardwalk balcony. As I mentioned, we thought that this would have been uploaded to our sea pass card, but we found out that we need a letter to present to our server. Since we didn't recall having one in our cabin we made a trip to guest services and they printed us one.

Ken had the double cheeseburger and I had the tuna melt. For those who are not aware, it is all you can eat at JR, however I don't know how anyone can possibly eat more than one entree and fries and onion rings. Dessert like pie and sundaes are included but milkshakes, malts and floats are not.

e39bd8f40fdab8a90fdf70528d7ab57c.jpg

We decided on having sundaes and coming back later for our buy 1 get 1 milkshakes another time.

11dc7985f54d37a03713631cacc67887.jpg

Lunch was late today because JR didn't open until 2:30, but since we have late dining, that was fine!

As we were getting ready to pull out of St. Marteen I tackled the Ultimate Abyss! Your photo is taken as you are coming out of the slide and they show them on tv screens beside the Abyss. You can order this photo for $9.99. I did not order this, Ken was waiting on me at the end of the slide to snap my picture (he's not a very good photo taker).

7e404c1c5a4747dfd00e6ab0f0d8361c.jpg

Harmonys photo

b34b62aa7eb278a9cf3110683a7d5518.jpg

Ken's photo!

We had our rescheduled aqua show set for tonight at 7. All seats were taken and then less than 10 minutes before show time they made the announcement that the show was canceled....AGAIN!

With only 2 more nights I hope we get a chance to see it before the cruise is over.

Lynn & Ken

Tonight's dinner in the MDR was subpar and we both were a little disappointed. We weren't impressed with the menu offerings tonight, so we each ordered the NY sirloin strip steak (this is offered every night).

c3b5d3dc9f1d59626dbe958ee5148863.jpg

To be honest, it did not taste at all like sirloin, instead more like a flank steak. Definitely a lower cut of beef. I will say that the head waiter wanted to do anything he could to make it right for us, but we weren't looking for anything. We were just being honest when they asked us how he meal was. Heck, he offered to give me a galley tour among other things. He told us he'd have something special planned for us tomorrow evening, whatever that may be.

For dessert we had the creme brûlée and it was hot and fantastic.

We then had reservations for 10:30 at the headliner show, which was Ronn Lucas, the ventriloquist. He did mention that he was getting off in Ft. Lauderdale so I'm not sure what will be next. He was very good though. Right up there with Terry Fator and Jeff Dunham.

03aaba97ee20bbe55fbfb2d5051d3ac3.jpg

I had planned on going to the dance party tonight but I could tell that Ken was too tired and although he didn't say it I knew he was ready to call it a night.

So, for the person who asked, I am not sure who the DJ is onboard. I have not heard a name nor have I seen it mentioned in the Compass.

I'm going to hold off on posting the remaining compasses. I'll scan them all on Monday and post them here so that they are easier to read!

Lynn & Ken

Edited by MrsKC08

We are on Jewel now and have experienced the same "reduction" in the quality of the meals. The previously offered tenderloin is now a sirloin, And the daily NY strip is flank steak. Menu has changed, even though they still use the old menu names "basil.....". Thanks for the great live review.

Tonight's dinner in the MDR was subpar and we both were a little disappointed. We weren't impressed with the menu offerings tonight, so we each ordered the NY sirloin strip steak (this is offered every night).

Lynn & Ken

Gosh, that looks awful. Not even works canteen standard.

Ken had the double cheeseburger and I had the tuna melt. For those who are not aware, it is all you can eat at JR, however I don't know how anyone can possibly eat more than one entree and fries and onion rings. Dessert like pie and sundaes are included but milkshakes, malts and floats are not.

Lynn & Ken

Wow! That sundae looks good. Kind of crazy that they are included in the price, but the milkshakes are extra. The kids will be more than happy with the sundaes. Thanks again for the info.

Love the review so far, excellent job!

Do you know if the drink options in the vitality spa are included with the deluxe drink package? would be awesome to get some fresh juices/protein shakes while at sea. thanks for any input!

The fresh squeezed juices are included, but I am not sure about the smoothies and shakes. That's a good question. I'll check on that tomorrow!

Lynn & Ken

Love the review so far, excellent job!

Do you know if the drink options in the vitality spa are included with the deluxe drink package? would be awesome to get some fresh juices/protein shakes while at sea. thanks for any input!

Fresh juices are included and the protein shakes are extra. That's what I was told last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I really hope you get to see the Fine Line Aqua show. It was amazing and I would have paid to see a show of that quality. It was cancelled 1 night on the 11/12 HOTS cruise due to weather and sea conditions but all shows were rescheduled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, before I forget, the juices and smoothies ARE included if you have the drink package. Kind of a bummer that I'm just finding out today but I do plan on coming back later to enjoy one!

Lynn & Ken

Thanks for reporting back.