LIVE - Harmony 11/26 - 12/3 Sailing the Eastern Caribbean

MrsKC08

Following along, and living vicariously through you :). Can't wait for our cruise to start in Feb :). If you happen to have a coconut mojito, can you let me know if it's made with coconut water? The ones on Adventure weren't, and they were not awesome :(. The ones on independence were, and they were fantastic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our hotel for this stay is Hyatt Place 17th Convention Center (actually on 10th street). If you remember, we were booked for the Hyatt in Dania, but a week or so ago I saw the deal on Value Trips. I put the request in and got our confirmation a couple days before Thanksgiving. So, we cancelled our other reservation. As for the hotel, it's nice and clean and more than ok for the one night. It's within easy walk to the Harbour Shops (Publix and Total Wine) and several places to eat. We chose Duffy's and we were happy with our meal there. We had wings, pork chops, and potato skins. If you are a drinker, they have 2 for 1 drinks all day every day!

One more sleep until we embark!!05787275da2c6fdcd13d24ac3a1e3ebd.jpg

985174a3be2fbd144ec756c031900f7d.jpg

fd1ccc4773b7230fa032cadd45133a8c.jpg

Lynn & Ken

Following along, and living vicariously through you :). Can't wait for our cruise to start in Feb :). If you happen to have a coconut mojito, can you let me know if it's made with coconut water? The ones on Adventure weren't, and they were not awesome :(. The ones on independence were, and they were fantastic!!!

Hi and thanks for coming along. I'll find out about the coconut water and report back!

Lynn & Ken

Can you see if they are selling the coffee card (15 drinks) for $30 something? Also, they sometimes offer half price specialty restaurants on first night?

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll definitely find out the details on both and report back today. We will be reserving dining for tomorrow night once onboard.

Lynn & Ken

bcbd685f13300f65caae7bbf7361e3fc.jpg

TODAY IS THE DAY!

We are now having breakfast at the hotel, but it was hard to sleep last night with all the excitement! I was up and down a lot checking the time. At about 5am I was up to watch the Harmony backing into her terminal location via the port Everglades webcam.

3e13b564ba11c2518a0085a34f4de715.jpg

Even though the hotel has a shuttle to the port, we plan on scheduling Uber.

Next post will be at the terminal!

Lynn & Ken

We got to the port at 9:45 this morning, got through security about 10:20. Checked in and now upstairs sitting. They have not started boarding yet.

We had expecting people with iPads for check in, but it was a counter type check in like any of our other cruises.

Lynn & Ken

We got to the port at 9:45 this morning, got through security about 10:20. Checked in and now upstairs sitting. They have not started boarding yet.

We had expecting people with iPads for check in, but it was a counter type check in like any of our other cruises.

Lynn & Ken

From what I understand you get the iPad treatment at Bayonne with Quantum Class Ships, not with Harmony at PE Terminal 18. I'm not certain how they are treating Oasis at PE. I still wonder why they just don't give you the room keys right at checkin for Harmony at T18.

Have fun and enjoy Harmony.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Lynn & Ken

Hi Lynn & Ken:

We are on the sailing after yours and so very excited. REALLY need this cruise as we have both been dealing with our moms in separate nursing homes.

Hoping the ship will be decorated for the holidays. Let us know how she looks.

Also could you do us a favor and check with the bars and see if they FINALLY have Mint available for mojitos. I know people weren't able to get them on earlier cruises as they said no mint stocked.

Thanks for posting this wonderful review!

If someone onboard could find our when the Cruise Director's term ends (Abe Hughes), that would be appreciated. Maybe someone will catch him in the Promenade or something like that...

He is supposedly taking his time off sometime in the near future, and then after 2 months, returning.

Any info about his schedule would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

It has been a busy day. I have to say that embarkation has been the worst we have ever encountered. Seemed completely disorganized and slow. We got to the pier at an early time but they didn't start boarding the ship until 11:15, so coming early was a waste of time.

DH wanted to have lunch in the Windjammer, which is not my plan for lunch on day 1. True to form, the place was packed and sadly many rude people. I let him eat and then I headed to Central Park for the famous roast beef along with a build your own salad.

8ee93a305d0d401d8af60105f1267f82.jpg

232cf361d60461f4b7e94026f6c41b3d.jpg

451d86ef920704abdcdf1ff02077078d.jpg

I'm happy to report that they have American chips onboard now.

ec7b2f027b32d498be2d4d18544c8d15.jpg

Lynn & Ken

Hi Lynn & Ken:

We are on the sailing after yours and so very excited. REALLY need this cruise as we have both been dealing with our moms in separate nursing homes.

Hoping the ship will be decorated for the holidays. Let us know how she looks.

Also could you do us a favor and check with the bars and see if they FINALLY have Mint available for mojitos. I know people weren't able to get them on earlier cruises as they said no mint stocked.

Thanks for posting this wonderful review!

Hi there. I can confirm that on this sailing they do have mint for mojitos!

Lynn & Ken

I have not had a coconut mojito but I'll see if I can find out for you this week.

Lynn & Ken

Tonight we are in the MDR. Dinner service was very quick which surprised us with a ship this large.

We both had Caesar salad and prime rib.

0e811f40f6150ac4a773d7a50312db87.jpg

The one entree was ok, but I've had much better prime rib on past cruises.

For dessert we asked our waiter to bring us all three of the select desserts to try, Banana Sundae, carrot cake and blueberry and peach cobbler.

24a373075e911a8baf30e83de854274e.jpg

My favorite was the cobbler and second would have been the sundae.

Lynn & Ken

Pardon my question, but just starting my planning for our March HOTS cruise. Just retd from 10 days in Ecuador South America so planning that trip has been my priority. You mentioned having lunch in Central Park. Which restaurant we're dining venue is that? I was only aware at the hotdog place in Central Park. Also can you check to see if they offer later in the day a free stretching class? On our last RCL cruise they offered yoga for a fee in the morning and stretching class for free in the late afternoon. They were the same thing, but the afternoon session is free. Free is good!

Thanks

Pardon my question, but just starting my planning for our March HOTS cruise. Just retd from 10 days in Ecuador South America so planning that trip has been my priority. You mentioned having lunch in Central Park. Which restaurant we're dining venue is that? I was only aware at the hotdog place in Central Park. Also can you check to see if they offer later in the day a free stretching class? On our last RCL cruise they offered yoga for a fee in the morning and stretching class for free in the late afternoon. They were the same thing, but the afternoon session is free. Free is good!

Thanks

We ate lunch at Central Park Cafe. The hotdog place is on the Boardwalk. I'll see if there is any mention of the stretch class and I agree that FREE is always good!

Lynn & Ken